“Great Middle-Eastern/Lebanese cuisine, right in NJ”
Review of Al-Basha

Al-Basha
Ranked #9 of 210 Restaurants in Paterson
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had a fantastic and filling lunch with my mother at Al-Basha today in Paterson, NJ. Nicely decorated restaurant with lots of interesting artwork and Lebanese lamps on the walls and ceiling. Friendly staff and a nice menu selection. We opted for the sampler platter which had many appetizer dishes to try - we loved all of them, even had enough to take home for later. A particular favorite was a dish that was parsley mixed with garlic, lemon juice and olive oil - absolutely delicious! Will try to replicate on my own. We ended with some arabic coffee and baklava. Our only complaint was that the waiter didn't initially bring us water and their crispy bread in place of the white pita.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

A good selection of Arabic food , mainly Palestinian , Lebanese & Syrian food. All kind of grill along with a very traditional Arabic food . The portion of dishes is more than enough . We liked the service with a friendly atmosphere .

2  Thank msmq8
Reviewed April 20, 2013

What a great place. Huge portions & reasonable prices, especially on the apps. Service, while a bit slow, is friendly and helpful. If you're looking for an authentic Middle Eastern restaurant then this is your place. I look forward to going back.

2  Thank mitchmurr
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I live in New York and travel for work a lot. I am middle eastern so I love good, authentic middle eastern food... and this place has it! The service is good, very respectful waiters. The food portions are huge! The food is so delicious. The plate is not only large and plentiful, but comes with sides, a nice cucumber salad, olives, and bread. Everything is so fresh and yummy Excellent prices for the amount of food! My husband and I love this place, and we can be very picky when it come to Middle Eastern food. No complaints about this restaurant. I love this place and want to go back every time we are in New Jersey!

2  Thank NiqabiWife
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Been going to Al Basha for years. Yes the service can be slow at times and perhaps a little hectic especially during Ramadan, however the food has always been great. Myself and my Palestinian boyfriend will eat either falafel or shwarma with Arabic Salad, Mint Tea, hummus and babaganoush. They use to have a buffet on Wednesday and a breakfast buffet on Sundays. You always leave stuffed and with the a la carte menu usually a bag of left overs. Yesterday, the pita in the plastic bag was gone, (always thought that odd but at least you know it was fresh) and the pita arrived warm along with a dish of pickled turnips and olives. Very generous agreat value for great food. The atmosphere is quite good and they are currently working on upgrades to enliven the space and update the space. Favorite waiter changes his name every visit but always a warm welcome!!! Very friendly.

1  Thank Claire D