“Very good food, classic place -- long time favorite”
Review of E&V Restaurant

E&V Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 201 Restaurants in Paterson
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Recently went to E&V again. I always enjoy the food. It's very good, no questions asked in my opinion. Excellent specials, loads of flavor, and always an enjoyable meal.

Last time I went, it was a Saturday night -- maybe it was an off-night. Tried to order a martini and was told they don't do martinis. OK, tried to order a vodka tonic and was told they had no tonic. OK again. Settled on vodka and club, but was told they didn't have limes. That I found very odd. They didn't have my first two choices of vodka -- basics, Ketel One or Belvedere. Perhaps all of a sudden there is a very limited bar or something. Seemed odd, but certainly not as enjoyable as my normal visits. Maybe they were short-staffed, but the service was not up to par compared to my other visits. Just seemed to be a bit of an off-night.

However, I will of course go back and I always enjoy the food.

1  Thank cory r

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Been going there on and off for years. Always excellent and portions are large, you can get a couple of meals out of it. Remember its cash only, they do have an ATM there. Love the chicken & shrimp parm combo. Ask for marinara sauce on side of pasta, it's different than the red sauce they use, the marinara is much better. Get there early or go for lunch to beat the crowds. Mangia, mangia!

1  Thank NJReveler
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Over the years, we have dined here several times. It's been a while since we last ate at E&V. It's still a good spot! Parking has improved; the food is good, the portions are quite large; prices are still reasonable and the wait staff is efficient, friendly and courteous. You can count on E&V for a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Darryl M
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This place is a classic. After all these years, still excellent food. Traditional Italian fare, menu, with some very good specials and a few modern offerings. Regardless of what you get, you should like it. I always return to this place to enjoy quality food, excellent flavor, and traditional Italian food.

On this last trip, it was very crowded for lunch and the service was a bit off. I think they were understaffed and there was a huge luncheon/party going on. However, this was just a small issue and I would not hold it against the restaurant at all. I'll be back -- and soon.

1  Thank cory r
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Finally had a chance to get here and we were really impressed. The food was really good - not extragavant or trying to be fancy - just really well-prepared with good ingredients and a decent portion size. You could see there was care in its preparation and presentation. Delicious. Varied menu so everyone can get their preference. Staff was welcoming, friendly and hospitable. Dining room is not too loud even with the crowd so you can have a decent conversation without yelling. Worth the drive and actually easy to get to. Go!

2  Thank SteveGha