“Great Shakes”

Good for: Local cuisine
Passaic, New Jersey
“Great Shakes”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Their shakes are awesome. Small spot, good quick food, has seating available.
You order your food and can take it to go or eat it there.

• Visited May 2013

New York City, New York
“great quick place to grab a bite”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

loved the food and how they prepare everything, i have the chicken sandwhich and the morisonando which was awesome they prepare that drink very well with the milk and juices, also the empanadas tasted great especially the meat

Visited December 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Great if you're in the mood for fattening food!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I used to eat here a lot, but now that my metabolism has slowed down a bit and I place more importance on the quality of food I eat, I only eat here once in a while. When I first discovered Banana King, I was in love and would have given it 5 stars. Banana King is great if you're in the mood for greasy, fattening fast food. The shakes are yummy (too sweet to drink my own- I usually just steal some from my husband). I sually get an areap when I eat here (I like just about all varieties). Emapandas are good, too, if you're looking for cheesy and greasy.

• Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Latin version of fast food”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I used to visit this place a lot when i was younger. Back then it was a hole in the wall. Now, they have expanded and added the plasmas but the menu is essentially the same.

As I got older and learned what good food was I stopped going because its just the Latino version of McDonalds. The food is very greasy and cheap. Once in a while its ok but too much of it will give you a heart attack.

1 Thank Mig_Mac_00
New York City, New York
“Average quality fast food”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

I went to Passaic for a business related appointment and on the way back I decided to have a quick meal. I quickly checked Tripadvisor and Banana King was rated #1 in Passaic so I went there.

It's a typical fast food. There is really nothing fabulous about it. I ordered a mango shake with a chicken sandwich for $7.45. After a short wait, I received my order. The mango shake was very creamy - more creamy than tasting like mango, but I understand it is just a matter of a personal preference. I had a half of it and could not finish.
The chicken sandwich was OK. It was loaded with melting cheese plus a slice of chicken breast and lettuce and tomato. I would not come back there just for the food.
Atmosphere was average as well. Just a few tables by the walls and windows, a few people quietly munching their food.