“Needs serious updating”

Days Inn Parsippany
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This location has 3 sections, main building and 2 other groups of rooms in separate buildings. This review is based on the building we were in, the farthest from the main, second floor, 202 precisely. Although somewhat clean (? What you see vs. what you can't), it is obviously In MUCH NEED of updating & repair.. The bathroom was a mess, with a broken door sticker & moulding, rust showing on metal parts, mildew, & dirt in the corners - all in all, a mess. Avoid this wing if it's any indication of the rest of the rooms. Don't know what the rooms in the main building are like, so check it out first! With-Fi is free & works well & the free breakfast is the "usual" fare, which we're finding is getting very tiresome. Isn't there any new ideas out there other than, dry cereal, waffles, toast, etc.?
Given we're in the area of the 'big apple', $67/nite isn't bad, so I guess you have take that into account

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian K, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Your feed back is very important to us and helps us with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service to all of our guests.

I am sorry to hear that our Economy rooms were not to your liking. If you do choose to stay with us again, please call us directly and ask for me for a free upgrade to our Business section.

We hope to see you soon and have the opportunity to serve you again. Best wishes!

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Parsippany

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I've never stayed at a Days Inn before as I usually stay at the Hilton Brand of properties but since they were full I stayed at the Days Inn in Parsippany. I was very surprised on how clean everything was even for a smoking room and the accommodations were quite nice. I would definitely look into this chain again for my needs instead of for example the Hampton Inn. Lynn at the front desk was EXTREMELY nice and helpful more so then service I've come to receive at even high end Hilton & Marriott hotels. It is nice when someone takes the time to care about you as a person! I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms in the main building have newer equipment. However I found the smoking room I had...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Brian K, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a positive experience with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Brian K, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The outside stairs and balcony of the rear part of the hotel to get to the room can and must be improved, I was affraid to get through them.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for staying at the Days Inn of Parsippany and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not entirely comfortable using the stairs in our Economy building. We do understand your concerns and we are trying our best to push renovation in that section forward as soon as possible.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

you will be valuable here only if you are paying full price. if you have any discount thn don't stay here. hallway was smoky all the time. their door is just weird. everytime someone close door in hallway you can hear it because its too loud. didn't bother me in day time but night time hard to sleep hearing those door sound. also room wasn't that great but I guess for price its worth it. room is too small than what they saw in pictures.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for staying at the Days Inn of Parsippany and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am disappointed to hear about your experience and would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we value all of our guests, regardless of the rate they pay.

Regarding the smoky hallways, we ask all of our guests to acknowledge a penalty for smoking in a non-smoking room by initialing a clause on their Registration Card. Unfortunately, Management does not have much control over what our guests do once they enter their rooms and some guests do decide to ignore the non-smoking warnings.

Regarding the door sounds, a tour group from abroad was at our hotel during your stay and were responsible for the loud door slamming. I have reached out to the various tour guides that operate in our area to request that they inform their guests to try and close their doors gently so as not to disturb our other guests.

Again, I will do my best to ensure that the quality of our guests experience improve. Your feed back is very important to us and helps us with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service to all of our guests.

We hope to you give us another chance so that we have the opportunity to serve you again. Best wishes!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Excellent stay everyone was very accommodating and room was clean and TV in working order
Restaurants were very convenient the front desk was very helpful and kind. I would stay again if I was in area and need room .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you, James, for staying at the Days Inn of Parsippany and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a positive experience with us and I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude.