“I will look elsewhere nextime”

Days Inn Parsippany
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I satyed for a twon night stay in the jacuzzi sweet and although the price wasnt to bad i may have been able to do better somewhere else. It was about 160 a night after fees and taxes. The room was cleen but a little outdated but the tub was nice. I checked out tues morning and it wasnt until thurs that i got an alert that they had charged my card for another 37.50. I called and they said there were some towels that were not cleanable. At first this infuriated me and to be honest i thought about calling visa and doing a chargeback but i thought better of it. They said it looked like wine stains but my wife and i dont drink wine. I also do not know how on thurs at 10pm they would have any clue whos towels were whos from tues morning. I let the charge go so they got me for forty bucks but in the end from now on I will find another hotel for both business and pleasure so they ended up losing more than me. I do not really like the fact that even if something was damaged they woukd use my card withiut even a phone call. If any more charges appear on the card i will call the cc company and have them all reversed. It is now a trust issue with them as i authorized them to use the card for a 2 night stay not at will days later.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Fiona C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. After you checked-out, the Housekeepers cleaned the room and discovered that some of the towels you used were difficult to wash out and re-use, thus it had to be disposed. The stains on the towels were of a red-dark pink color and that is why we concluded it may have been wine. This on-going process is very costly for the hotel and thus we charged your credit card, which is used to cover for incidentals. The charge for the towels was made after your check-out, which may not have appeared on your statements or alerts until Thursday evening like you stated. Again, I apologize if you feel that the charge came delayed, but we charged for the towels as soon as we discovered it.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and in order to improve the service we provide to our guests, we will take this into consideration for future transactions. I hope that this clears up any misunderstandings, and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Fiona C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Reviewed March 6, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Room was poorly furnished, bed sheets appeared dirty, pillows were the cheapest quality, bathroom was not user friendly and looked very cheap and dirty. Towels were badly beaten and needed replacement. Staff, particularity the elderly lady (smoker) at reception was very unfriendly and it was like talking to a robot. This place can use some upgrading. Everything in this place gave the appearance and feel of a very cheap motel. Continental breakfast was a joke, I would rather not have this option than to go for breakfast with some expectations. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels/motels and this one definitely ranks at the bottom of my list. I would not ever stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Fiona C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I apologize that you didn't enjoy your stay. At Days Inn, we emphasize excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price.
We usually put our business travelers in the business section of the hotel so that they may have a more comfortable stay. As you booked your reservation online, we were unable to provide the accommodations you may have wanted. We always ask our guests to book directly with us as to ensure that their expectations are met.
I will be sure to speak with out front desk staff to ensure that friendly, quality service is being provided to all our guests. I am also sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the Continental breakfast. We try to provide a variety of options to cater to all our guests.
Thank you for writing this review, and I will be sure to take in all your comments into consideration as to improve the service we provide to our guests. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual hospitality.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Reviewed February 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Fiona C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Reviewed February 18, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Fiona C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013