“No internet & unprofessional staff”

Days Inn Parsippany
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for business. Room was not clean when I entered (checked in late evening)- bed wasn't made completely, trash not emptied, and bathroom had hairs on the floor and in the shower. Wireless internet did not work in the room. The first night, I asked the front staff to investigate and they said they had no other complaints so there was nothing they could do about it. The next night, I needed to do work so I asked them again to please check on the internet or move me to a room that had internet. The person at the desk told me they have no rooms available to move me to, and that they had re-set the router and there's nothing they can do. I was frustrated because my laptop got a signal in the lobby and in the hallway of the hotel (that's where they told me to use the wireless!), but not inside of the room where I needed it. So it obviously was not my laptop that was the problem. And when I did ask them each time, they acted like it was a huge inconvenience. I had booked several other nights at this same hotel for future reservations, and after staying there the first time I actually cancelled every single subsequent reservation when I checked out. Unfortunately that creates more work for me as my travel season progresses, but it is worth it not to stay there again. I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed in the newer part of the hotel but the rooms were still dirty and non-smoking rooms smelled...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Never in my life have I go through such a horrible experience. The property has to side. One is apparently the older side and is something from a scary motel off the highway horor movie. It was dirty, run down, and the "non-smoking" room smelled like an astray. Needless to say that side is reserved for the discount prices and deals, so if you got a low rate, best believe they will be placing you on the old side. We called front desk and immediately requested to be place on the other side.... i should have just slept in my car cause really is was about half a decimal better. the water pressure was so light i had better luck using a water bottle to bath. The towels were hard and greyish (should have been white). I woke up with rashes all over my face from sleeping on those God forsaken pillows. Check out was 11 and at 11:01 two ladies were knocking down my door very rudely telling me to get out or they will charge me. I definitely gave them a piece of my mind. PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE PROFESSIONAL PICTURES it is a lie! the place is dirty and run down, invested, and poor service.

Room Tip: There are two sides--the "renovated" and the older side. The renovated side is really no b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I came out to NJ to see mom and go to NY- mom's place is not the cleanest and I realized we would fight if I stayed with her. Stay in the new section- I used the gym- the wifi and the breakfast- and McDonalds is next door as well as the bus station to NY- The carpet was clean enough to walk on- I was in one of the new rooms- the only thing that was a bit annoying is the walls are thin and I could hear the people next door- I stayed for 8 days and most nights were perfectly fine.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the new section- upstairs - I would even ask if they can place you with no one on ei...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The Staff us what makes this property!! It is a wonderful place to stay and a great location Nice and quiet it's clean but once again the staff at the front desk is awesome very helpful to Fuddruckers right out front and its a fun place to stay. Great breakfast buffett every morning

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've stayed here half a dozen times over the years. The price is always one of the lowest available. The rooms are clean, everything works, good air conditioning and it's quiet. There's plenty of parking and the wifi works well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

parking is an issue - ownership of Days Inn and that other place need to work together to provide parking without hassel to guest.......... Check in is different female desk dressed in jeans which is odd for a Days Inn .... Room is ok little dated. Need to be in the NEW section since we changed buildings for a better room ... breakfast was ok and FREE WiFi. Guess I will come back here for the price I paid

Room Tip: Be in the right section and away from highway noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had booked my room from a travel agent and wasn't aware until check in that it was for the old section. Which a few people have noted is a separate outside building. At the time I was alone and travelling to visit family, I spoke with the front desk and the manager Fiona who was very sweet and professional about my situation and how I did not feel comfortable staying in an outside room. She explained the situation about the travel agent booking and gave me a FREE UPGRADE to a business non smoking king which was very clean and nice. The free wifi was excellent and the breakfast was good too. The check in process was simple and easy as was the checkout, the front desk girls were very friendly and informative and helped me a lot with directions and good restaurants to eat. Overall I had a very lovely experience and would recommend others to stay at the property. All the employees wore uniforms/proper attire and name tags, I know a few complained about uniforms but unless you expect the workers to dress like they work for fortune 500 companies it was acceptable. As for name tags, I did not see a single worker without one and will just assume that those who wrote that review were either competitors or angry customers. I had a very good stay and its a good quality hotel for the price charged.

Room Tip: My advice would be to book from the hotel directly, I asked for the nightly rate for the business ro...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo