“Nice and will stay here again”

Days Inn Parsippany
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The price is okay, and complimentary breakfast is included. The front desk representative was kind to assistant me with the direction to NYC.
I was assigned to a smoking room, but I called front desk said I want to change it, and they switched me to the nonsmoking room without the upgrade fee.
I really appreciated what they did since I am allergic with the cigarette.
The room is neat and simple, and nice to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Fiona C, General Manager at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for spending your time to give us a comment. It was our pleasure to know that you had a good time to stay with us. Just like you said it is very convenience to go to NY. The distance between our property and NY is around 30 miles. Moreover, there is a Lakeland bus runs to NY Port Authority. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you in the nearly future.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I went to NYC for my weekend, and was trying to find a place to stay with the reasonable price. Although Days Inn Parsippany is 30-40 minutes away from NYC Port Authority, the bus arrived just in front of the hotel…like 3 minutes walking. For me, it is convenient.
Speaking to facilitate in the room, I need to say it is not 5 stars hotel, but at least you get what you paid for. They have microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker in the room, and my favorite part is they have free Wifi and complimentary breakfast. In order not to get the smoking room, I called them directly to inform them I want the nonsmoking room after I book it online. And the staff correctly reserved and well prepared the room for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you to choosing Days Inn Parsippany. If you would like to make future reservations, please feel free to contact us directly at 973-335-0200. We would like to assistant you regarding to the room type.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I was very worried before going to this hotel due to the very bad previous reviews. However, it was pretty decent with reasonable price and free complimentary breakfast/wifi. The staff and even managers actually gave me lots of help about local information and direction to NYC. The room quality could be improved more but it's good enough for the price. I will still stay in this hotel next time when I am in town.

Room Tip: Make reservation directly from the hotel and make sure you choose interior section!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CathyYCL

Thank you for giving us a chance to service you. We are glad that you had a good night stay with us. Days Inn Parsippany has two different of sections. One is economical building which are exterior doors. Some of our guests like to stay in the exterior building that they can park their cars right in front of their rooms. The other one is business building which are interior doors. The business building is a newly renovated section which we just open in 2010. Again, thank you for your review. Hope we can have a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

economical is one thing, but even the "motel" building should be properly cleaned! the room had two double beds, and there was a brown stain on one of the sheets. The shower curtain had mold growing on it. This "non-smoking" room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. the only positive thing I can say about this place is that I had misplaced my ipod in the room and when I returned, housekeeping had found it and placed it on the bed, however they didnt bother to change the dirty sheet even though i left the other bed turned down so the stain was in plain sight.
I'm not all that particular, but his place was nasty

Room Tip: dont stay in the "motel" section!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn.

Our success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain high standards.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here last year. This year, I bided it online instead of making a reservation. I was worried to get a bad room due to previous reviews. However, I got the newer section and love the free wifi and breakfast there.
I think I will go back again and recommend my fridends to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Amy C
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Hotel price was very reasonable. Nice and clean. When I got there, it was late already. The front desk tried to check me in as soon as possible, very friendly staff. I would love to go here again next time.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terry H
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel was recommended by a friend, and I found it conveniently located off the 20th exit of highway 287 and on the 46. The hotel has a clean lobby with much sunshine where breakfast is provided till 10 o'clock. Room is fairly clean as far as I can see and has flat-panel cabled TV, refrigerator and Wi-Fi access. Also saw there is a small gymnasium where people can exercise out, though didn't have a chance to use it. There are many restaurants and shopping places near by, and a theater just across the fences at the back of the hotel accessible by taking the shortcut through a unlocked gate. Also had a chance to go to Lake Parsipanny which is 5 minutes drive away. So it is not a boring place to stay over with your family.

Room Tip: Make sure you are informed with booking of the new or old building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family