“Filthy, avoid at all cost!”

Ramada Limited Parsippany
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We unfortunately arrived at this motel in the dark. We booked because of the name Ramada, but be warned: this is a independant owner. We were horrified by the whole experience and are still recovering! The bed linen was dirty and had cigarette burns, the carpets were filthy and decor (including cobwebs) very 70's. The walls were scuffed and badly in need of redecorating, and the bathroom was on its last legs. Worse yet, the balcony actually moved when our son decided to step out onto it! The room rate includes breakfast but it was a very sad affair and the standard of food was very poor. The rooms appear to be serviced by children, who also seem to be manning the laundry. While waiting in reception for a taxi back to the city we realised that the motel could possibly be renting rooms by the hour. Upon booking we were told that the motel was only 16miles from the city - the journey in fact was much longer and the fare one way was approx $60. If you decide to stay in Parsippany there are much better looking motels nearby. If you need a motel near the city, do not stay here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ash_cloud_refugee65

Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stayed in this hotel Saturday, October 9, 2010 for one night. I strongly recommend this hotel. I was impressed with the lobby, parking, room, services, and the retail all around especially afford restaurants. Right across the street (about 120 feet away, and short, narrow street) was Baja Fresh - affordable. Costco was one block away. I read all the reviews on this page a few days before I booked this hotel (directly through Ramada 800 number). This is my first review on TripAdvisor and I wanted to do it because the hotel is really great. Just a few minor issues: You can hear conversations in the hallway & it is about 24 miles from Manhattan/Lincoln Tunnel. Weekend travel is light; therefore, if you go on a weekday to Manhattan you will have a lot of traffic.
Enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We were most disappointed by this motel. The hallways were quite hot and steamy. I felt like I needed a shower just walking to my room! We only had two small pillows on our bed. The paint on the edge of the bathrrom door was peeling off. The sink bowl was cracked and stained. The caulking around the bottom of the toilet and around the tub was stained and/or dirty. Our door key did not work, necessitating a walk back to the front desk, which was in a different building from the rooms. The TV remote did not work so I called the front desk. The clerk said that she had a new remote for that TV. I went back to the lobby to get it. She also gave me two batteries for the remote. When I got back to the room and we opened the new remote, we saw that it required AAA batteries, not the AA that she gave me! So I called her again. She assumed that I would walk back down there to get them but I told her that I wanted her to bring them to me, that we were in our pj's by then. To her credit, she did bring the correct batteries and we were finally able to watch a little TV before bed. The breakfast in the am was nothing to write home about. Overall, the place was threadbare, carpet coming off the stairs, etc. We found it hard to believe that it was actually a Ramada Inn!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmstraight
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I stayed here for a night. I could not have been more disappointed. The room smelt really bad. The rooms looked extremely worn out. The beds were beyond uncomfortable. The linens were old. TV did not even work!

I paid about 49 for the room, but will never go there again. I think the only benefit is that the hotel is around public transportation to NY, and has a decent amount of food places to eat.

I would not stay here unless you NEED to.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2010

The hotel was nice, though it doesn't stick out in my mind. It was appropriate for the price. The hotel is off of a road that is divided, and it makes access to restaurants and stores somewhat difficult.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2009

the overall experience was very nice, staff was excellent and went above and beyond to make our stay great. Pool was nice and refreshing, Quiet spacious rooms, clean and hotel was nearby most all needs.Continental Breakfast was alright, maybe they can add some more things to it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Curious, thought ice and HBO were standards, not so much here. TV channels don't match anywhere close to what they post in the room. Breakfast is amazingly sparce. Hard to believe in today's competitive marketplace they cut corners on the basics that folks see every day. Rooms okay - clean but AC blows in your face in bed.
1 ice machine for whole hotel and it rarely works (on several visits).
Ramada isn't what I remember it to be, too bad.
Good location but they are missing out through lack of service and amenities. Probably won't be back as there are many other choices.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business