“Nice large room ,But!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Limited Parsippany
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
YORK , SC
“Nice large room ,But!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We arrived at hotel 7/27 to 8/3, 2112
+-Room was good size 2-queen beds

-_ 's- pool was out of service(looks like it was closed for years)
- paint peeling from spot in ceiling in room & in shower
-at breakfast ,only carb's (bread,cereal,muffins)no fruit
also coffee & juice too
-halls had a musty smell

_all around nice stay(room was nice)
hotel close to stores

Room Tip: Rooms nice size Hotel ok
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Louisville, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Broken mirrors, tattered curtains, stained chairs...I was disgusted by the condition of this hotel and could only wonder how dirty the bed was. I was happy to check out and leave in the AM as early as possible.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank keithpieper

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

maplewood, nj
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

I couldn't make this an over night stay! The room was HORRIBLE! Out dated, filthy, hallway was not clean. It seemed more on the order of a boarding home than a hotel. as we walked down the hallway we viewed the carpet as being dingy and had a smell/clearly too old. we were in no rush to get into the room by the look of the outside. good thing that the key didn't work (no surprise). we had to go back to the front desk twice for assistance. And boy when she came to assist and opened the door....the room stinch it you first. FILTHY and it looked as though we had stepped into the 80's. Filthy couch, DIRTY curtains, pillows were as thin as paper. I would not recommend that this be a place ANYBODY should rest their head.
SIMPLY AWEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: look else where
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
N Tonawanda
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Well, my wife and I are discovering that you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to hotels. We have been trying different hotel properties around Parsippany when visiting our son's family, and we will not be returning to this one.
The first thing you get when you enter the lobby is a sign informing guests that the pool will be closed for the 2011 season. Thanks for informing us on the web site. The rooms are very basic, I guess clean enough looking, but I was glad we brought our own pillows. Than we were awakened in the night, by the sound of little scampering feet next to our heads in the wall. We didn't realize it, but we were next to a store room, which is also, apparently, home to some king of critters. I was surprised my wife didn't insist on leaving right then. The breakfast consisted of two kinds of cereal and bagels. No cream cheese or anything more exotic, such as yogurt. A very small, very warm, eating area.
We will continue searching for a convenient, low cost, hotel, but this one can be crossed off our list forever.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was about to stay in this hotel for the weekend, and just happened to ask about the pool, and was told that it's CLOSED, and i had to cancel my plans for the weekend.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

In desperate need of remolded rooms. I did not feel safe located as far away from the lobby in what seemed to be an empty hotel by a back door. Booked a King room, got 2 doubles. It was late and I did not feel like walking a mile back to front desk to change rooms since it was only for one night. There are plenty of other hotels around here. Everything was old. Bathroom was really OLD. Toilet wobbled. I saw a Marriott that looked promising just down the street. If it not been late and tired I would have change to any other hotel!
Food was terrible. Ice machine did not work. Had to be in the area for business, hotel was pet friendly but I was worried my pet was going to get bugs from the carpet and dirty. Needless to say had to give him a bath as soon as got home. Do your self a favor if you can't find another hotel sleep in the CAR! Its cheaper and cleaner.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

I travel almost every week for work and always try to find cost efficient hotels. I don't have high standards for a $60+ price range for a hotel, but most places are at least clean and acceptable. This is the second Ramada Limited I have stayed at and will NOT return to one again.
This place was just awful. Aside from it being dirty, the pillows were the WORST I've ever seen. The beds were very uncomfortable. There were no outlets in the room to plug anything in so I had to sacrifice light to plug in my phone. The so-called free breakfast was in a room that wreaked of urine so badly I refused to eat anything in there. I saw 2 rats running across the sidewalk outside. The sliding door to my balcony wouldn't close all the way. When I walked in I thought the window was open because I could hear everything outside. Luckily there was a metal bar securing the door and I was on the second floor, otherwise I would have surely checked out. The towels were barely thick enough to dry my hair. The one saving grace - I did indeed get my wake up call. Something you can NEVER be sure of. Beware. This place was just horrible!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business