Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 05/23/21
Free cancellation until 05/22/21
Hurb
Priceline$115
Expedia.com$115
All reviews quiet area bed was comfortable small kitchen business trip pillows appliances
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

Nice location. Added bonus was the game room. What a super find for families. Every staff member was professional. Our daughter was in a nearby summer day camp and we had such a great visit we decided to make it an annual event.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Jeaneane G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany Morris Plains, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests were happy and enjoyed the wonderful amenities we have to offer. I do hope you and your family had an opportunity to relax in our pool and BBQ on the patio while you were here.

See you next year!!

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Not bad at all!! We stayed here for couple of months and had a decent accommodation with friendly staff and decent gym, playing area, swimming pool, Gym and other facilities... Oh! Forgot to mention about the snooker which is part of the game room... Market place can be better! Overall a nice and decent place!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Ivy O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany Morris Plains, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Dear Ryathind,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feed back in regards to your recent stay at the Residence Inn Parsippany.
We will be more thank happy to have you as our guest if future travels should bring you to the immediate area.
ivy.oforiowusu@Marriott.com

Reviewed June 30, 2016

Made a reservation for this hotel in advance as we were visiting friends in the area. When we arrived in our room we could hear some sort of booming noise; not sure if it was someone upstairs with music or some sort of utility--HVAC noise maybe. We asked to be moved and the clerk wasn't sure why we were given that room as it was for folks who are hearing impaired. I guess I can understand why! So, we schlepped our stuff to the next room and thought we were all set. Returned that evening from visiting friends to find two of the rooms next to us filled with people who were also spilling out into the halls and very noisy. We had to complain several times (as did some of the other guests nearby). We needed to get to bed in order to get up and on the road by 5 a.m.! Finally they settled down.

Room was clean but the bed was uncomfortable and the pillows flat. We spent the night before in a Residence Inn in another state and the bed and pillows were fantastic.

This hotel needs to upgrade its bedding, make sure they are not renting rooms to noisy crowds (not sure what they can do about that as people can come in the back door--I realize that), and have more staff on hand to deal with problems in the evening. The poor clerk on duty had her hands full with that crew.

We called around to find another place to stay due to the noise but could not find anything available. Naturally we were still charged full price in spite of all the problems we had, which I do not think is very good customer service.

Room tip: Go somewhere else
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ivy O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany Morris Plains, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

Dear k9rocko,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay. As we pride ourselves in providing excellent service, I looks like we have fallen short of your expectations during your recent stay. Uphold our commitment to providing great service, your feedback has been share with the team in an effort to prevent this from happing again.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you choose our hotel if future plans brings you to the immediate area.
ivy.oforiowusu@Marriott.com

Reviewed June 28, 2016

The location is off state road 10. The front reception staff was friendly and courteous.
The breakfast buffet offers the typical assortment of cold cereal, oat meal, eggs and bagels/muffins. The evening offers a nice snack.
My only negative was housekeeping. The room was not cleaned very well. And she did not provide new bottles of shampoo for 2 days. I had to go to the main reception and ask for a replacement. When i return to Parsippany next month i will stay at the Marriott which is less than a mile away.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Michael K.
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Parsippany with us.

As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service.

As a valued customer we hope you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Parsippany.
Ivy.oforiowusu@Marriott.com

Reviewed June 2, 2016 via mobile

The staff was warm, helpful, welcoming and very friendly. That's where my compliments for the place end.
Ok, that's not entirely fair. I really liked the game room. After that though...

The room, construction and furniture, just felt cheap...except for the L-couch/sectional. Residence Inns are getting very cheap in their toiletries too.

The treadmill earphone plugs, in the fitness room, we're both broken. I've stayed at 6 Marriott properties in the last month. All had something broken in the fitness room. Wonder if they are cutting back? Message to management: Don't find cost savings in fitness rooms. It is an irritant and a reason this very frequent traveler will choose to go elsewhere. Fix what's broken in the fitness room please.

My largest complaint though was the breakfast. Simply terrible, and excruciatingly cheap is how I would describe my meal. I have over 550 nights in Marriott properties, and about that in many other hotels. This is the first property, that serves breakfast, I have ever stayed in that didn't serve a fruit, and for management, an old Granny Smith Apple doesn't count. Please purchase some fruit for your customers. Ok. I'm done with my lecture.

If you can put up with what I complained about, and your business is in one of the big business parks right behind the hotel, it's a great choice.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Ivy O, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany Morris Plains, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2016

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the issue mentioned in your review. We appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within the organization in an effort to make all necessary changes.
Thank you for staying with us and for being loyal to Marriott.

IVY OFORI-OWUSU