“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Newark, New Jersey
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed here for more than 6 months. The service , cleanliness, staff is all good. Especially Margie and Sejong had been great and always there to help the customers. All I found was that the place is little out of any happening place but most of the residence inn are located like wise.
Me and family enjoyed our stay.Thanks

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mithunkris
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your most recent experience about our hotel on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the positive feedback. I am happy to read that your 6 months stay with us met your needs and that our staff was great. We hope if you are ever in the area again, we can be your host hotel for your accommodations. All the best to you and your family!

Rachael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our family stayed here for 3 months so we are extremely familiar with this hotel. All of the staff I met were friendly and accommodating. We really did feel at home there and I would come back to stay in a heartbeat.

Our two bedroom suite was well cleaned and maintained. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were a good size. The pool area was usually very clean. Sometimes during the busier times it did get need to be cleaned a little more often though. One of our favorite features of this hotel is the free breakfast buffet. The buffet has a wide variety of items to choose from and is stocked by pleasant and efficient staff. Monday through Thursday dinner is also served. It is usually something basic like pasta or hamburgers but we appreciated not having to make or buy our dinner every night. My children had a a wide variety of on-site activities to choose from. They have a play structure, pool, pool table, air hockey table, tennis/basketball courts and a gym for teens and adults.

The only problem I had during the whole stay was that many people with pets chose not to trek out to the designated pet area in bad weather. Unfortunately they also chose not to pick up after their pets leaving dog poop right near the entrances. We did stay with our pets and we, even when it was cold and snowy, went out to the appropriate area and also picked up after our pets. Much of the time we stayed there it was very snowy and icy. Many times the sidewalk that led to the closest pet area was full of ice and that may have deterred people from using the right area. Once the weather got better this was not a problem anymore.

Taking everything into consideration, this was a great place to stay and we would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Residence Inn Parsippany! I am glad to hear that you and your family were very comfortable during your stay. I am pleased to read that your room accommodations met your needs; the breakfast and evening social was filling; and the children were able to relax and enjoy the play areas. I would like to apologize for the inconsistency when it came to the guests cleaning up behind their dogs. Thank you for using the pet walk areas. We hope if you are in the Parsippany area again, you will choose us for your hotel accommodations.
Best Regards,
Rachael
Philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

The best part of my stay at this dirty, understaffed, tired old property was that it was only for 1 night. On check in I was "upgraded" to a 1 bedroom suite. The kitchen floor of the suite was full of crumbs and main cabinet door hinges were broken and the doors were hanging. I opened one of the cabinet doors to find even more dirt and crumbs inside. Who cleans this place? Who checks their work? Apparently no one. The bathroom floor wasn't clean either - I was actually afraid to climb into bed but it was late so I did. I called the front deck at 10:30p to get a wake up call. First time no answer. 2nd time no answer. 3rd time no answer. 4th time no answer. Just for fun I let the phone ring 100...yes ONE HUNDRED TIMES and still no answer. At 3am someone dared to run their water upstairs and the sound I heard through my ceiling made me think the bathtub upstairs was about to crash through the ceiling on top of me. So now Im wide awake at 3AM in the dumpiest most disghusting hotel Ive ever stayed in. If this hotel stay was free it would have been a poor value. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us in regards to your recent stay. After reading your review, I can understand your disappointment based on the issues you shared. The picture painted in this review certainly make our hotel seem as if we are not up to the Marriott standards. I can assure you that your stay was not the norm. Our hotel was renovated less than two years ago. It's concerning to hear that you felt the hotel was tired and old. We are staffed according to a Select Service hotel model. We have 24 hour front desk coverage, as well as other departments available. I would like to apologize for your phone calls going unanswered. I understand there was a problem with the telephone system, which have been addressed. In addition, I have spoken to the Housekeeping Manager to inquire about the condition of your room. Although he did not find the many issues that were mentioned in your review, we are utilizing the feedback as an ongoing training for our staff.
We hope you will stay with us again, so that you can have a memorable experience during your next visit. Please accept my sincere apology for your experience.

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I chose the MRI for my home away from home. I live in Canada and come down to NJ every other week to visit my two oldest kids.

The staff is absolutely delightful. The rooms perfect for what I need. I really have nothing but positive things to say. My kids enjoy the spacious rooms and the swimming pool. The breakfast buffet is great (I just wish they had more bacon on the week-ends, I rarely ever see it except sometimes on Friday and Monday mornings).

The only thing I would change is the breakfast times. On week-ends it would be nice to have the breakfast open until 1030 instead of 10. I have teenage kids and they sleep late of course.

Margie, Francis, Rochelle, Sejong...they are all great people. I am so glad I chose this as my NJ residence. I have come here every other week since May 2013 and I have nothing but praise for this establishment top to bottom.

Scott

Room Tip: obviously building A by the pool/main building is the most convenient.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Scott,
Thank you for the wonderful comments you have shared! We appreciate hearing the positive feedback. We are here to be your "home away from home" as long as you are in need of hotel accommodations in the area. Our breakfast ends at 10am on the weekends. However, we will keep the buffet open an additional 20-30 minutes based on our guests in the dining area. I hope this helps. Again, thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback!

Devon, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

While the staff was friendly during the week I was there (although when I checked out the lady never thanked me for staying or asked how my stay was), I moved down the road to the Hyatt House. I'm in the process of relocating and will be in a hotel for at least another 4 - 5 weeks. Why did I move?

All the other RIs I've stayed in (having been with RI for over 15 years) had a stove. I was very disappointed to find only a cook top. Add to that their TV channel selection was poor. For an extended stay hotel there was no AMC or an On-Demand channel to order movies but hey, they offered 6 different ESPN channels?? As a dog owner, what really threw me over the top was the fact there were piles AND piles of dog pooh, pizza boxes, and garbage outside of almost every entry (with the exception of the main door). YUCK!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank M S
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I am disappointed to hear you have decided to check out. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to Residence Inn over the past 15 years. There are many generations of Residence Inn hotels, many with ovens in all rooms, some with stovetops, and others with a combination of both. Our hotel offer ovens in our two bedroom suites and stovetop in the smaller room types. I do apologize if this information was not communicated prior to your booking. The TV channels offered are our standard Marriott lineup. The channels were chosen based on customer feedback. Although we may not have the AMC channel, we offer other movie channels for your viewing such as TNT, USA, and HBO. Residence Inn is a pet friendly hotel. We provide pet walk areas and clean up supplies. It sounds as if there may have been some guests that were not courteous to others by cleaning up after their pet. I apologize for the area not being maintained as it should have been.
Once again, I appreciate your feedback. It gives us the opportunity to make corrections where needed. I would like to wish you all the best with your relocation. I hope you will continue to stay at Marriott hotels. We appreciate your business.

Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here from Jan 10th-12th, 2014. Upon entering our room we were dissapointed to find out that our "kitchen" did not have an oven, only a microwave, cooktop and dishwasher. Don't ask me what use a dishwasher serves with the very little cooking you would be able to do in this kitchen. We had literally planned our stay with the expectation we would have an oven like it showed in the pictures. We were told at the front desk that an oven only came in the 2 bedroom suites. We then tried to sit around and relax in front of the "fireplace" only to learn that the fireplace would only stay lit for 5 minutes before shutting off. We then to make a pot of coffee, which led to a complete disaster-- appeared the carafe that was with the coffee pot did not fit correctly, which resulted in the water just pooling in the basket and would not drip thru to the pot. In order to get it to drip, we had to stick a fork up in there to keep the valve open. So, the next morning when we left for the day we informed the gentleman at the front desk that we would appreciate a replacement coffee pot and also asked that our fireplace be fixed so it would work. We were gone for 12 hours, fully expecting that when we arrived back in the evening that our needs would have been addressed.... WRONG. Got back to our room and the same coffee pot was sitting there. The fireplace continued to shut off after 5 minutes. SO, then we decided we would go and do some relaxing in the hot tub, only to find when we stuck our feet in that the water was ICE cold. I guess it's too much to expect that the management would have the hot tub operable on a cold winter evening. When I walked over to the front desk to inform someone, there was literally NOONE around, not even a bell to ring for service. So, we decided just to walk back to our room. I called and finally reached someone and her response about the hot tub was ... "AGAIN ????" (this must happen often).
This hotel was nice in the sense that the bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable, and you get a breakfast that is a step above many hotel chains. But, with the added "amenities" that did not work properly, this stay ended up being nothing but a frustration. Sorry, Marriot, you have let us down.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mkelch10
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. After reviewing your comments, I can certainly understand your disappointment. I will update our website to include detailed information on availability of ovens in two bedrooms. Although most rooms do not have an oven, many of our guests utilize the two burner stovetop for cooking provided in all rooms. The fireplace certainly is a nice touch to have in your room during the winter months. I apologize that it was not working as it should, so that you would be able to enjoy it. It sounds as if we dropped the ball and your requests were not taken care of as expected. Please accept my sincere apology for this and all the negative experiences you encountered. I will review your feedback with my staff. We strive to provide exceptional services and a facility in which our guests can always enjoy. Your comments will help us to improve where needed, so that we may prevent these same issues from happening again. I am pleased to hear that you liked our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Glad you found your bed to be comfortable and room cleanliness met your expectations.
We hope this experience will not keep you from visiting us again. Please give us the opportunity to show you a memorable stay at the Residence Inn Parsippany.

Rachael H.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Quite a surprising number of breakfast options for an all inclusive rate, impressive, even make your own waffles. A nice place when traveling with a canine friend, even with the steep $100 nonrefundable pet deposit. Very very friendly staff. Great full size rollaway extra bed. Nice popcorn in rooms. No corkscrew in kitchen supplies, adequate otherwise.

Stayed December 2013
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Residence Inn Parsippany! I would like to apologize for not having a corkscrew in your room. We will be certain that there is one there for your next visit. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. It's always a great way to start your day! Yes, we are pet friendly! We look forward to having you and your canine friend stay with us again!

Best wishes,
Rachael H.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains
Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
#3 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Residence Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!