“Smell of Spice”

Residence Inn Parsippany
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here because I had a business reason, but I would not want to stay again.

First, the smell of spice (Indian curry, anyone?) filled the hotel (at least the building B where I stayed for 4 nights). It did not bother me whilst I was inside of the room, but the hallway was undeniably stinky.

Then the closet sized fitness center. I had to fight for the use of the only weight bench every morning. It is a long-stay establishment, right? I think many of us in the US are health conscious. Please plan to expand the fitness center.

Room Tip: I wonder if the main building has less curry smell. Don't stay in Building B, unless you are in...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The room was spacious and well equipped. Access was also very good.

The noise was unbelievable. People coming down the stairs sounded like a herd of elephants. Also, the people in the unit above me were annoying. I could hear them walking around and their conversations were nearly understandable. The slamming of doors was also troublesome. This dwelling is obviously not very well insulated. Finally, one evening I returned to my room at 9:00 PM to find the bed unmade. There had not been any service to my room. When I called the front desk, they offered to come service my room then. Being very tired, I declined their offer. When I checked out, there was no offer of any compensation at all. Very disappointing for a well known chain. I doubt I will be back as there are other alternatives. I travel to this area frequently on business.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the stairs and exits.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Craig K,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Parsippany. I am happy to hear that you found your suite to be spacious and easily accessible.

I would like to apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced. We make every effort to keep the noise down. It is very important that our guests are comfortable and able to stay productive. Also, my sincere apology that your bed was not made upon your return that evening. It appears the assignment to have your room cleaned fell through the cracks. I understand the desk clerk offered to service your room, but was refused due to the time of the day. I can see how these things may discourage you from staying with us. As a frequent traveler you come to expect great service and quality accommodations. This is not the norm for us. However, when these things happen we look forward to doing what we can to improve.

Thank you again for your feedback! We hope you will stay with us again.

Rachael

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel has just been refurbished and its been done well. As always big rooms and a good price compared to other hotel. Considering what you can pay your getting a very good accommodation and service

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NickBrown1970
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Residence Inn Parsippany! Our hotel was renovated just over a year. I am glad the accommodations met your needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Rachael H.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here once in the fall and more recently in December... The first was a good experience and the second..not so much. I believe the rooms are quite variable in terms of cleanliness and refreshed look. I have not figured it out but it may be that the first floor is a no go.. Especially near exits in rooms that might be more often selected for dog owner accommodations. In the room for our second stay the carpet was not very clean and in general looked shabby. We would have changed rooms except we had driven so many miles and thus exhaustion won out. I would refuse such a room in the future IF we decide to stay there again (convenient to family). But there are other options so likely will exercise them.

Room Tip: Ask for a more newly renovated room away from pet accommodation.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Roxanne33
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us about your most recent stay at our hotel. We certainly appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear that this stay in December did not meet your expectations. I will review with my housekeeping manager to ensure the carpet in our rooms is being maintained. Although the rooms were renovated less than a year ago, it sounds as if this particular room may not have been up to our standards. Please accept my sincere apology. I hope the next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again. If you have any special requests for room location, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

we had to stay here unexpectedly due to severe weather and needed 4 rooms at the last minute including a handicap accessible room. The staff was fantastic at getting us what we nneded and making us feel at home. Even though it was a holiday week, they allowed us to have one late check out.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Residence Inn Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful comments left about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Parsippany! We certainly appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. I am happy to hear that my staff was able to accommodate your stay and your late checkout request. If you are ever in the area, we would like to be your host hotel again. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Because of Hurricane Sandy I became displaced. I checked into the Residence Inn Parsippany and I paid over 200 a night. If I had any alternatives I would have checked out the next day, but I stayed for a full week.

Check In took WAY to long. Over 45 minutes I had to wait as they were busy. They should have had more people working the front desk.

My room seemed ok, but it had lots of small problems like no soap for the dishwasher, the safety latches on the windows were missing, there were a few water marks on the ceiling, the toilet got clogged two times, the heating system/air system went from one extreme to another. I constantly heard people running in the halls.

The main gatehouse is where the meals were served and the pool. The pool area was tiny. The changing area was dirty and didn't have working lights. The food in the morning was standard quality food, nothing special. The dinner at night was ok.

I gave the property 1 star because of the staff attitudes. The staff was rude. All of the hotels in the area were booked except for this property so I had to stay there. As soon as I could I got out.

If you have children they do have a small play area and a grassy knoll for the kids to play on in addition to the standard play court that most Residence Inn's have.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. After reviewing your comments it certainly appears that we did not meet your expectations. First I would like to say that it is my hope that you and your family have recovered from Hurricane Sandy. It certainly had an effect on our hotel. Please allow me to address your concerns. The rate you paid was the normal rate that the hotel offers. Our rates are based on your length of stay and day of arrival. I would like to apologize for the delay in getting you checked in. Due to the storm, staffing was limited as many were also affected. As I read through your list of complaints, I can understand your frustration. It concerns me that you say there were no safety latches on your windows, as all windows are equipped with locks. Safety of our guests and associates is a priority for the hotel. There is no excuse if you encountered a staff member that was anything less than professional, friendly, and with a service frame of mind. So I would like to offer my sincere apology if you felt my staff was rude. I would like to assure you that your experience was not the norm. We take pride in our facility and the services that we offer. If we fall short, we certainly hope that we are given the opportunity to make it better. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

If you are travelling NJ , this is a good option. It has all the facility that a Business traveler needs. Rooms are of decent size. Good parking space. The hotel serves moderate american break fast. If you are not American , then also break fast is doable. Only think in the break fast , they do not have much of variety. The also have evening socialite , which serves moderate dinner with Drinks.
They give complimentary shuttle service upto 5 Miles.
Rooms are OK, Kitchen area is big and has Microwave , dishwasher , freezer and moderate number of utensil. The great thing about the hotel is , it is located in a nice place. It has indoor swimming pool and a fitness center too.
But it is had to get a reservations here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business