“Terrific value”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Maine
“Terrific value”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on May 19, 2012. The cost was just under $100 per night (before taxes). We were upgraded at no cost to a king suite. Beautiful place both inside and out. Rooms have comfortable contemporary furniture and lots of space. There is an outdoor patio adjacent to the breakfast area. It is conveniently located to I-287. We even found a great Indian restaurant two miles away (Cinnamon, with a favorable NY Times review). I don't know but I suspect the rates are much lower on weekends as it appears this hotel serves local businesses during the week.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MainLaw
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your great comments! We certainly appreciate the time you took to write this review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the public space. Our hotel, as you shared has been beautifully renovated. We are situated on 10 acres, so there is certainly plenty of room to relax and to experience the comforts of home.
We look forward to being your host hotel the next time you are in the Parsippany area.
Thank you again!
Rachael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Joisy
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed at this nice hotel, suites, they were booked so they gave us a 2 bedroom suite at a slight discount since I was a marriott rewards member, which was very nice. 2 Bathrooms (made morning rush very easy) and 2 bedrooms, a couch and TV and kitchen. The snacks at in the lobby had Haagen Daz ice cream. The night we checked in we had already made dinner reservations at Hunan Taste in Denville which was delicious but the hotel actually had a complimentary BBQ - we did not attend so I cannot give my opinion of it. They Also have a complimentary breakfast served early in the morning too...the lobby has an area with quite a few tables set up so it looked like it would be nice, but we had to make an early exit and just stopped at a dinner on our way to Route 80. (Pauls Diner on Route 46 in Mountain Lakes, which is delicious for breakfast!) The room at Residence was nice, quiet, easy to get in and out of, not a lot of halls and elevators to wait for, you can park just outside the door and walk down one short hallway...this was wonderful..I would stay here again - much nicer than the other hotels in the area, not to put anyone down but the hotel with Ruth Chris, was not a great experience. The hotel has a pool, we did not go to it.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are ok for pets, they are close to the door for walking them.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Parsippany! Your comments about our hotel were greatly appreciated. We hope the next time you stay with us you will get an opportunity to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast and our complimentary evening social. Thanks for the feedback on Paul's Diner. We look forward to providing the same great accommodations during your next visit.

Southborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2012

First off, great location, very central for doing any sightseeing in NJ and very easy to get into NYC by train. I chose this hotel because I was traveling with my two teenage sons and I didn't want to sleep in the same room as them. Sorry, nothing personal. They have a much later bedtime than me!

Anyway - the whole place is going through a reno. I was pleasantly surprised that they had not started the renovations on the exercise room which their reservation confirmation indicated. So I was able to use the "gym". Very small but they had two treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike. Also some dumbbells. Didn't have much competition so no problems getting on the machines. Staying on the exercise subject - the pool was okay. Kind of warm but again we had the pool to ourselves a couple times so all the better.

The room was fine. Our building was not renovated yet so I can say that it definitely was in need of updating. Kitchen was just plain laminant top, electric stove, full size frig, microwave and a dishwasher. Pots, pans, dishes and utensils. Only a small stash of salt, pepper and sugar. Went down to the breakfast room in the evening and swiped a salt shaker. Would have been nice to have a cookie sheet for things like frozen fries. Will look nicer when renovated with granite countertops and stainless but was totally workable, especially for $169 a night.

Bathroom in each bedroom was also outdated. My tub had a little tinge to it from a dripping faucet but not gross. And the toilet ran so I shut it off during the night so it didn't keep me up.

Living area was fine. Pull out sofa was comfy for my 16 year old. TV's in each room. Worked fine. Gas fireplace also worked but was too warm in the room to use it.

All in all a fine stay. The staff was helpful and apologetic for the disheveled look of their lobby. We did not help ourselves to their breakfast. Did grab a cup of coffee one morning. Looked like standard fare....sausages, pancakes, chewy bacon. Although they did have a waffle iron which was different. They also had special hot snacky type things in the evenings (italian night, mexican night) I forgot to check this out so I'm not sure how it was.

Needed to get over to the Morris Plains train station one morning. Booked a space in their van the day before. Was very convenient to have access to that. Driver also worked in afternoon (4-7) so was able to get a ride back to the hotel. One major drawback - the hotel was made up of three separate buildings. So to go to the lobby, breakfast room, pool or exercise room you had to go outside AND you had to remember your key. Normally I might not think about that because I might have left someone in the room but if you don't have it you can't get back into the building. Not to mention it's cold between buildings in February.

However, even with some minor issues I would return if spending any further time in NJ.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy R
Rachael H, General Manager at Residence Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the detailed feedback about your stay at the Residence Inn Parsippany. We appreciate and welcome it all. Glad you were able to enjoy our facility, even though we were going through renovations at the time. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. Our hotel is completely renovated and looks beautiful! We invite you and your family to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Rachael
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Pro - The rooms are clean and comfortable. Check in was smooth and staff is courteous and professional. Breakfast was good. Triple AAA rate made the hotel cheaper than local discount motels. This is an older property so the rooms are larger than the newer Residence Inns.

Con - I stayed in Room 321. The room was dated and the arm chair had stains on it. The website stated the hotel is under renovation. I telephoned before booking to find out the impact of the renovations on guests. I was advised the renovations had not begun.

Location - The hotel is located on Route 10 where there are numerous choices of restaurants, fast food and groceries. Hotel is easily accessible from the highway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mondetravel
Eastern NC
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Residence Inn Parsippany was a great hotel. Service was excellent. Breakfeast was enjoyable each day and supper is also offered. Would definitly recommend staying here if in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Walnut Creek
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My normal hotel in town was sold out due a snowstrom so i tried the residence inn. When i arrived they had no power but the staff certainley were welcoming and putting guests at ease. By the time i returned after work at midnite thenkights were om. The room was a bit dated, but clean and the staff friendly, a good night sleep after a brjutal snowstorm

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Chose this hotel because I am a Marriott member and we were in town 1 night to see a show. The Marriott Hanover wasn't available. Check in was smooth. Got room 353 which is a 1 bedroom suite. Everything about it needs to be updated. It was clean but looked liked the furniture hadn't been updated in 30 years. Another unpleasantry was in the morning. Anytime someone in another room took a shower, it sounded as if they were in our room. It was very loud. My husband took advantage of the free breakfast which is your standard continental breakfast w a few hot items. Overall, I wish the Marriott Hanover had been available.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple