Residence Inn by Marriott Parsippany
$165
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$139
Hampton Inn Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$149
Hampton.com
$149
$125
$230
$118
$178
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$65
Red Roof
Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$119
$95
Courtyard by Marriott Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$176
$139
All reviewstwo bedroom suitemarriott rewardsbasketball courtfull kitchenvisiting nyccomfortable stayan extended stayfront desk staffhotel guestsexercise roombusiness tripbit datedindoor poolroom was clean and comfortablethe breakfast arearajeshroute
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2011

After a 14 hour day we arrived at the Residence Inn with groceries for dinner. It's conveniently located down the road from a Stop N Shop and a Bottle King (since the Stop N Shop does not carry beer).
Based on the hotel description on its website our suite had a "FULL kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, OVEN, dishwasher,etc.etc." we arrived only to realize there was NO OVEN. Now, what part of "full kitchen" had I misread? I was told at the front desk that only their 2 bedroom suites had ovens and there was no communal oven. I was also told that I was not the 1st person to ask. Well, maybe that is because it's in your description. We were dismayed to have to go back out in the dark, the rain, and with a trailer in tow behind our truck, to pick up a microwave meal. Thankfully the store was close.
Also, we had prepaid for the room via Hotels.com and the hotel also charged our credit card (we had to provide this upon check-in for incidentals). The breakfast was very good, and the room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't expect a full kitchen as advertised (there's no oven).
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed for 1 night with my wife and our dog towards the end of our cross country trip. I must admit that after reading a rather negative post about the hotel, we almost changed our minds and strongly considered booking somewhere else. However, we kept our reservation and stayed the 1 night and we were glad we did!!

I'm not sure how someone could rate and rant so badly about the hotel (I guess we are all entitled to our opinion) but let me assure you that the hotel and staff were wonderful. Room was clean, staff were friendly and accomodating. Our wifi signal and Internet connection worked great!

We found the location to be ideal, just off. Main street, tucked in a small business park with barely any traffic which prouved ideal to walk the dog! We also found a little gem of a restaurant - the lemon grass restaurant (Thai), which was a hop, skip and a jump from the hotel.

Again, we had a wonderful stay! Although everyone is entitled to their opinion, sometimes you just need to take them with a grain of salt...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This place was HORRIBLE. One of the worst places I’ve stayed. I felt cheated and lied to. I brought my laptop, was unable to get online in my room, there is NO Wi-Fi in the rooms despite what the hotel promises. I was told to go to the club house to use my laptop. It was raining out, but I still walked over to the club house. Guess what?? I was still unable to get online. I was promised a Smoke Free room. Lie! The room reeked of smoke, even stumbled upon a disgusting find….a small plastic baggie.

The pool is tiny and was over crowded. The “Work Out Room”, was more like a closet, only housed four machines. Staff, looked unprofessional and were “unable” to help solve any of my problems. Speaking of staff, I’m surprised this place is listed as one of Marriott’s business; it’s outdated and reminds you of a “mom and pop” type of place, minus the pleasant attitudes. Not that there’s anything wrong with small businesses, but you should advertise yourselves as such. The appropriate grade for this place is, F- , total fail!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This Residence Inn has been a personal favorite for several years, but is now beginning to seem a little tired and in need of a face lift. The suite color scheme leaves much to be desired, and bedding could be more plush. The only true disappointment of the weekend was Sunday breakfast. Although having a varied breakfast buffet, many items were either in short supply (two cereals totally gone) and so-called hot entrees allowed to become totally cold. Cups, bowls, and silverware were in short supply, and the crowning blow was the coffee running out . In short, the breakfast staff was largely non existent, and definately not keeping up with the needs ot the hotel guests.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank prfrog
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stayed here for 10 nights in September 2010 because I could not get into the nearby Hanover Marriott. I normally do not like Residence Inn because there are no perks for Marriott rewards members and the beds are not as comfortable as Marriott hotels. This residence inn was okay - the rooms were very clean, the location is quiet, and the day that I checked out they were changing the tvs out to new flatscreens. Normally the fitness centers at Residence Inns & Courtyards are pretty terrible, and this one was the same (but at least they have the individual tvs attached to the machines). However, they are affiliated with a nearby fitness center, and have an indoor pool. I would probably be okay with staying here again if I have to.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business