“Not up to Hilton Standard”
Review of Hilton Parsippany

Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I wanted to like this location, having stayed before. HVAC system in rooms is loud and produced little heat. Result? Little sleep. No business center for a supposed business hotel? Left this business traveler scrambling for printer access elsewhere. The front desk person was clueless as to a solution. Room service offered only about 5 options. I suspect this is an inducement to use Ruth's Chris, but when the restaurant is full your other guests are left with an insufficient menu. If I wanted lesser services I would have chosen the Hampton Inn next door and paid lots less. Would not recommend or stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
PHLAP_GM, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I very much enjoyed my visit and the hotel was beautiful. Your staff was extremely friendly. The breakfast crew helped me get everything I needed for a working breakfast in my room and the front desk clerk very efficiently printed the documents I needed for my meeting that afternoon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Our new connectivity stations have just arrived which will help you print your documents in the future, but I am glad the front desk assisted you in a friendly and efficient manner. Thanks again, hope to see you the next time business brings you to Morris county.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We would have loved our stay If the drunk guy (45 yrs old) didn't beat up our 12 year old kids! the hotel was very nice & clean. The whole incident on the elevator just ruined everything. Crazy people in this world!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank your for sharing your comments. Yes, hard to tell some people sometimes. I am glad your experience with our services were good. Hope to see you the next time your team is in Parsippany.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Bathtubs don't hold water and staff left me waiting almost the entire night before finally moving me to another hotel due to them not having any rooms with working bathtubs' plugs. Staff failed to keep me updated on their effort to find another room with a working tub. Without my complaining and following up, I likely would not be in fully working room without my personally following up over and over again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PHLAP_GM, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stay here often when I go to Parsippany on business. The staff is very hospitable and attentive. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The in hotel dining options are great along with the option for Ruth Chris for business dinners.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Its hard not to be all about business when we are surrounded by the top fortune 500 companies! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with others, we really appreciate it. We hope the next time business brings you to the area you will stay with us...it is pretty nice on the weekends too!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The newly refurbished bar/lobby is well laid out and a pleasant place to sit and work or wait. The Ruth's Chris Steak house is a welcome bonus and was as excellent as always. Rooms are adequate - nothing exceptional, and the decor is not as contemporary as the lobby/bar.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and observations with others. You are right our lobby and bar are new and contemporary. Our rooms will be done during the quiet time around the Holidays later this year. I am glad you also had an opportunity to experience Ruth Chris. Hope to see you again when travelling to Parsippany.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a great location with clean rooms, friendly staff and a great bar.

Executive lounge is always well stocked and full of friendly travelers.

Make sure you meet Larry at front door. He's a wealth of knowledge on where to eat and places to visit.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nunyaoi812

Thanks so much for providing other travellers your feedback. Our executive lounge, reserved for our Diamond Guests, is really a great place to relax coffee and snacks are available 24/7 and our breakfast and night service teams make sure everyone is taken care of. Larry always appreciates a shout out, thanks for recognizing him.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#3 of 16 in Parsippany
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!