“Enjoyed our stay at the Hilton”
Review of Hilton Parsippany

Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We reserved 4 rooms for the Thanksgiving weekend for ourselves, 2 of our married children, and our daughter's in-laws. Everybody was very happy with their stay. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the hotel had more than enough services for everybody.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with fellow travelers. We appreciate you staying with us over Thanksgiving, and have a Happy Holiday season.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Please do not stay here! HORRIBLE STAFF AND ACCOMODATIONS! Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't change the fact, it's still a pig. We had a wedding party stay here with coordinated transportation to and from the venue which they royally messed up. The front desk staff is not helpful at all and is unwilling to help resolve any issues you may bring to their attention. HVAC in the rooms does not work. Breakfast buffet got me and my fiance sick due to undercooked sausage as well as many of the guests that stayed over from the wedding (40+ people). I work down the street and have many collegues that frequently come in from out of town, i will NOT recommend this place to stay at all. Thank goodness for Marriott brand hotels!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

When I made my reservation, hotels in the area were very limited...so the name "Hilton" made my feel like this would be a comforting choice (knowing I was over paying for the room I'd want). Overall very disappointing stay. I understand it's never easy to remodel a hotel, and the corridors are under renovation, so we won't even discuss that. The room was alright, HK did an OK job, but not consistent over my 5 night stay. And after the first night I thought my sheets would get changed (they didn't have a reuse card, or option) so I just assumed they would be changed...they were not changed at all during my 5 night stay. $209 a night??

I still don't understand why in this day and age a hotel would charge for the internet, but I had work to do so I had to pay. What I didn't understand is why when I went to log in, entered my room number and name it said "Invalid" and I had to use my credit card. Again, I had to...so I did. What I didn't understand is why I didn't get a receipt of this charge of any kind. When I asked the front desk for a receipt, they said I wouldn't have one. Well my boss would have covered this expense but with out a receipt it won't happen. So further questioning of the hotel, they gave me the user name I could access for free. I'm still out $30, but the last few nights I didn't have to pay. $209 a night??

Parking was horrible...I thought they should be using their shuttles to run the parking lot. Each night I had to park farther and father away from the entrances. Most nights I parked closer to the Hampton next door. $209 a night??

I was on the Executive Floor which allowed me a complimentary breakfast each morning. It was always SO over crowded I ended up in my room with these tiny plates of food...don't you have normal plates? I was even challenged one morning by a "Diamond Member" that some how felt he deserved my table, just because of the number of points he had. $209 a night??

The front desk staff was very cordial and helped with any questions I had, and Larry greeted me every night as I came back to the hotel. These few examples were what I would expect from a Hilton property.

Housekeeping as I mentioned early was far from consistent. Each day's service was different from the night before. Properties of a similar nature HK treats you with respect, and you feel they actual care to make your room feel inviting. From the small details (arranging items in the bathroom) to the more upsetting details (the amount of long hair I found on the bathroom floor, or bath tub). The alarm clock never fell back, so it was an hour off. Because of the nature of the clock, I couldn't adjust the time, so I left a note on the clock. All 5 nights the clock remained wrong. $209 a night??

My room thermostat was set at 60, but it was too warm in the room...I woke up in a sweat every night. The curtains would hardly open, it was forceful pulling on them to adjust each day. Condition of the furniture varied from scratched and scuffed, to some pretty nasty stains on the office chair. $209 a night??

Did I mention my Hilton experience cost $209 a night?? Final bill was over $1,200...I've had better service, in older hotels, with a far lower rate. A very disappointing experience at the Hilton Parsippany.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
PHLAP_GM, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We would like to reach out to you directly to ensure that we rectify your stay but can not identify you from your user id. Please send your contact information to EWRPH_GM@ Hilton.com .Again, we apologize and we look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at the hotel due to very a very sad circumstance. The Management and Staff were extremely sensitive and did everything possible to ensure that our stay was comfortable. I have family in the area and always choose to stay at the Hilton Parsippany, reason.. for the outstanding customer service, friendly and welcoming attitude of the staff and for their willingness to exceed customer service expectations. The lobby and entire first floor has been renovated and is quite comfortable and extremely attractive. I have stayed at the local competition and there is no comparison regarding customer service.

Room Tip: linens crisp excellent quality bed so so comfortable all rooms are very spacious, corner room ext...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you with sharing your feedback about the staff. Certainley, this is the focus of our day, treating guests with hospitality and empathy. Thank you for noticing our lobby renovation, and we will be moving on to the guest rooms next year, but these physical attributes are one thing to fix and refresh...having a caring staff is a more elusive attribute and I am glad to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations during a tough time for you.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I, have a convention accords from this hotel, and we decided to instead of going back home, stay in this hotel and enjoy the weekend, as a little vacation.
We book through a third party, and when we got there, they gave us a room in the oldest part of the hotel, even though he had the heat on high, we were freezing, we decided to overlook this problem and just snuggle in bed, but when we open it, we noticed that the sheets were damp!!! We called the front desk and they offered to send house keeping!!! We were so tired so we just asked them to change our room... They sent the bell boy with the key, unapologetically got it from him, and then when we got in the other room, just as old, we noticed that the heat wasn't working either, and it actually make a loud weird noise, we were done by then.. But it was late and we were tired, at least the bed was warm.
The next day when we complained to the front desk, they offered us free breakfast.
So be warned, this place sucks!!!!

Lady 40

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel, or if you do make sure, they give you a good room upfront.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of amenities and services you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our team to ensure situations like these don't happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

In general stay was ok. In my opinion we as guest should have more food options especially when we have a long period permanency at this hotel where we do not have other choices near. On the other hand, additiona breakfast options like the ones we had for personal and fresh omelet should be consider

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your comments about more choice in our F&B offerings and am currently working on new menus with the director. Hope to see you again when travel brings you to Parsippany

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days during a recent business trip. Have normally stayed at the Hilton Short Hills a in my previous visits and decided to have a different experience.

Landed up when the Hotel was going through re-innovation and thought it would be a bad experience. However the overall experience was good - Got a pool side room at the ground floor and it was nice and adequate, though the wardrobe was not up-to the standard of a Hilton property.

What definitely needs an upgrade is the breakfast buffet platter - there are a lot of items however its the same everyday. Maybe its an Hilton strategy, because I experienced the same thing at the Hilton Basel.

The staff members were very nice and courteous. Suraj who drives the van/bus is a fantastic asset to the organization and he directed us to the right places at the time of need.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are quite good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EnigmaticIndia
PHLAP_GM, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with travellers. I appreciate you mentioning Suraj, he will be delighted to see his name here! I appreciate the comments about breakfast, and as you mentioned it is a guideline for the brand, we are trying to make some nominal changes so its different everyday.
Hope to see you again when you have business in our area.
J Galligan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#3 of 16 in Parsippany
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!