“Excellent Hotel”

Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was extremely pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the professionalism of the staff. The lobby is elegant and spacious. Very comfortable beds. The restaurant and bar located on the main floor of the hotel are an added convenience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Pamela D,
Thank you for sharing your comments with other guests here at Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you again in Parsippany soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We (family of four with two little kids) stayed at the Hilton Parsippany over Memorial Day weekend and were delighted with our experience. Hotel and rooms were beautiful, convenient, and clean -- a great value for the price. The indoor pool absolutely completed the experience for us -- it had been a grey, chilly day and we were not looking forward to being cooped up in a hotel room. The swimming pool turned out to be a great destination that made the hotel seem like a resort. Just a couple things made this less than perfect for us -- the pool ran out of towels at the end of the day (but front desk responded instantly with new towels, but we had to ask), there's no convenient bathroom near the pool, and one of the beds was a bit rundown, so it sloped toward which made for a restless night sleep for dad. We'll stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for sharing your experience with other travellers. I am glad we met your expectations, and that our indoor pool provided a great oasis on a very raining Memorial Day weekend. Our outdoor pool opens father's day so we hope you will consider coming back to join us for another stay then.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was here on business, I was here a year ago & stayed at the Marriott(Great). This was not as close to my destination. The hotel has a nice, friendly staff. It is indeed old and could use some updates. The walk from the lobby to the elevators and rooms is bloody long! The room was clean. I felt safe at night ( important for women). I did have a few meals at their Olives restaurant-- very good. I did order room service one night and they were fast and the food was good. I had to order a car service. The hotel recommended one that was great!!! They called and he was there fast. If you need one , let them call this service. He will take you in a Mercedes!! The fare is settled upon upfront-- no hidden or extra fees, and they take charge cards.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience. We are glad we met your expectations and in some ways exceeded them. As you know our campus like location is serene and quiet and provides a great feeling of safety. I will also pass your comments on to the car service provider. Hope to see you again next time business brings you to the Parsippany area

Reviewed May 26, 2013

So i booked a night at this hotel to be able to relax and distress a bit but unfortunately that was not the case during my stay. First off checking in was a nightmare. I had to wait 15 minutes in line before i was able to check in. There were two representatives behind the counter and they were both assisting guests who had issues with their reservations. I was assigned a room next to a family who had a baby and a toddler. Because the walls in the rooms were very thin i was able to hear those kids crying and fussing through out the night and morning hours. So i was unable to get a good night sleep. Then to top things off they had an Indian wedding at 9:00am on a Sunday. From my room i was able to hear the whole wedding ceremony including the loud music/festivity and MC.

Also at 11:30am i had one of the maids opening the door to clean the room, luckily i had the latch on the door. She informed us that check out was at 12pm.

This was my first time staying at the Hilton and it will also be my last.

i stood from May 25, 13 to May 26, 13

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. The days of your stay were very busy but we are sorry you experienced a delay checking in, and having a guest with an infant in the room next to yours. We appreciate your comment regarding the "Indian" wedding and will review the noise issue you referred to. Since the ceremonies are indoors in the ballroom, we can only determine there was noise outside upon their arrival. I apologize for the issues you experienced and will review them all and do our best to ensure they are rectified.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I travel to this area frequently. The Parsippany Hilton is my preferred location.

The staff always goes out of their way to assist, regardless of the request.

I will be back next month (June) as I already have my reservation made. I really appreciate all they do for me to make me comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay in the main tower (and not the expansion wing) as the expansion wing has some rooms that are cu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Parsippany.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here despite the reviews about the lack of hot water. Arrangements had been made and we chose not to stay elsewhere because of a work meeting being held at this location. Wallpaper in the room was peeling in places, there were 2 large stains in the carpet. Trouble with water started immediately. The hot water at the sink was too hot, but there was no hot water at the bath tub. It was barely warm. Called front desk and was told that the pipes had just been worked on, so let it run for a while and try again for hot water in 20 mins! This is what happens at a Hilton?! The water was barely warm that night and the next morning, but continued to be too hot at the sink. 2 Bellmen walked right by me with carts as I carried 4 large bags to my car! Ate breakfast at the Olive buffet. The food was good. The wait staff was friendly, but not attentive and they seemed to disappear after we were seated. Dishes piled up on the table and drinks needed to be refilled. About 10:30, the chef asked if we wanted any more food because they were going to start getting the buffet cleaned up! In the middle of breakfast! They could have warned us that the buffet was about to close when we arrived. That was a rushed breakfast, it was a nice atmosphere otherwise and could have been enjoyable. Obviously would not recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced you encountered during your time with us. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here woth my wife to go to a convention at another area facility. Our facility was reasonably priced and close to the other facility. Staff was courteous and helpful when approached. Because of the closeness to nyc- decided to make a surprise visit to times square and Rockefeller center. Good location and would recommend this location for anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#3 of 16 in Parsippany
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!