“First and last time!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
new york
“First and last time!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

So i booked a night at this hotel to be able to relax and distress a bit but unfortunately that was not the case during my stay. First off checking in was a nightmare. I had to wait 15 minutes in line before i was able to check in. There were two representatives behind the counter and they were both assisting guests who had issues with their reservations. I was assigned a room next to a family who had a baby and a toddler. Because the walls in the rooms were very thin i was able to hear those kids crying and fussing through out the night and morning hours. So i was unable to get a good night sleep. Then to top things off they had an Indian wedding at 9:00am on a Sunday. From my room i was able to hear the whole wedding ceremony including the loud music/festivity and MC.

Also at 11:30am i had one of the maids opening the door to clean the room, luckily i had the latch on the door. She informed us that check out was at 12pm.

This was my first time staying at the Hilton and it will also be my last.

i stood from May 25, 13 to May 26, 13

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. The days of your stay were very busy but we are sorry you experienced a delay checking in, and having a guest with an infant in the room next to yours. We appreciate your comment regarding the "Indian" wedding and will review the noise issue you referred to. Since the ceremonies are indoors in the ballroom, we can only determine there was noise outside upon their arrival. I apologize for the issues you experienced and will review them all and do our best to ensure they are rectified.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I travel to this area frequently. The Parsippany Hilton is my preferred location.

The staff always goes out of their way to assist, regardless of the request.

I will be back next month (June) as I already have my reservation made. I really appreciate all they do for me to make me comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay in the main tower (and not the expansion wing) as the expansion wing has some rooms that are cu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Parsippany.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here despite the reviews about the lack of hot water. Arrangements had been made and we chose not to stay elsewhere because of a work meeting being held at this location. Wallpaper in the room was peeling in places, there were 2 large stains in the carpet. Trouble with water started immediately. The hot water at the sink was too hot, but there was no hot water at the bath tub. It was barely warm. Called front desk and was told that the pipes had just been worked on, so let it run for a while and try again for hot water in 20 mins! This is what happens at a Hilton?! The water was barely warm that night and the next morning, but continued to be too hot at the sink. 2 Bellmen walked right by me with carts as I carried 4 large bags to my car! Ate breakfast at the Olive buffet. The food was good. The wait staff was friendly, but not attentive and they seemed to disappear after we were seated. Dishes piled up on the table and drinks needed to be refilled. About 10:30, the chef asked if we wanted any more food because they were going to start getting the buffet cleaned up! In the middle of breakfast! They could have warned us that the buffet was about to close when we arrived. That was a rushed breakfast, it was a nice atmosphere otherwise and could have been enjoyable. Obviously would not recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced you encountered during your time with us. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

east norriton, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here woth my wife to go to a convention at another area facility. Our facility was reasonably priced and close to the other facility. Staff was courteous and helpful when approached. Because of the closeness to nyc- decided to make a surprise visit to times square and Rockefeller center. Good location and would recommend this location for anyone staying in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nashua, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The perfect get away weekend - everything about the Hilton Parsippany was first class. The professional and courteous staff made us very welcome. The accommodations were excellent and the food was terrific. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share it!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just wanted to provide feedback on my stay at the Hilton Inn in Parsippany, NJ hotel. I'm a frequent traveler and I've stayed at this Hilton Inn almost weekly for a year now. I just want to give credit where it's due with the front desk staff. First, the entire front desk staff knows my name and always greet me with a Mr. Last Name and a smile. It means a lot when you have had a long traveling/work day. Second, being a Diamond member they always book me with the same room each week without me requesting it. The rooms always have my requested accommodations (water, TV guide available, etc). Third, I want to give special thanks to Ayaz (front office manager). He has been an excellent host and always goes out of his way to accommodate customers.

Mark

Room Tip: Make sure you take advantage of the exec lounge if you have the status. The lounge hosts are great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Mark,
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your review and feedback. I know how many emails our business guests handle on a daily basis, so we really appreciate the time it took. Also, thank you for complimenting the guest service team led by Ayaz. We look foward to welcoming you back again this week.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Check in was great, the front desk agent was polite, pleasant and efficent. I asked for a King. but none available; not a big deal. Made it to my room which was at the other end of the hotel down the hallways smelled like old cigarette smoke and had to try the key about 10 times before it worked (better then having to trek all the way abck to the desk) Upon entering the room I stepped on something, turned on the light to find the tile section of my floor covered in particle board wood chips/chunks which was odd. I looked over the room and everything seemed clean but I called down to the desk to repost it. The agent I spoke with (different woman then before0 Informed me that the hotelw as under construction, At which tim I asked "do you typically rent rooms under construction" She said "you want a free breakfast coupon don't you" in a polite tone and while i tired to explain that was not necessary she continued and said dont worry tonight While you are sleeping I will put a coupon under the door both in a somewhat patronizing tone and rushed me off the phone. It seemed like she had been responding like this often and had her response down cold. Now a little more frustrated I looked over the room to find the tub drain completely not attached and haphazzardly left lying in the bottom of the tub, The TV channel selection was poor, and what is worse the Hampton Inn that is attached to the typically higher end Hilton had pay movies, and a much better selection of TV options. Also; I would not recomend 2nd flr rooms near the 230's for femal travelers as the windows open onto the roof and all you would need is a screwdriver to walk outside and have a free view of a number of guest rooms. Room service was good, not fantastic but better them some though a little pricy they were prompt. The hotel bar was small, but the bar tender was generous and their single malt scotch selection was very good and not over priced. All the staff memebrs I interacted with were pleasant which made up for alot. I was in house for 3 nights, never did I recieve the cupon I was promised, and on my last day I noticed an additional $6 charge on my bill from the sundry store (i never even went into the store) When i questioned this the clerk stated "are you sure you didnt stop by the store, not even late at night" At this point in time I was in a hurry to check out, and when she caught my glace quickly removed the charge from my bill. All in all, the hotel has great people, but the guest rooms need work, not asthetically but functionally. I will be back, so hopefully I can report some changes upon my next visit (Fingers crossed)

Room Tip: For those worried about security do not book a room on the 2nd floor where the windows open to a roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. Our staff has been addressed in regards to your review and the appropriate actions have been taken. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.