WINNER WONDERLAND

Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Winchester, Tennessee
“OK for the small convention and Business Travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Hilton Parsippany, NJ has many features that make the facility a pleasant place for extended stays. The Ruth Chris Steak House is excellent, there is an adequate workout room, spa, indoor and outdoor pools, a bar and smaller restaraunt for breakfast and lunch.

The hotel is a bit dated and in need of a re-facing, but still nice. New carpets and wall paper would go a long way, but efforts along these lines were evident.

The commute to NYC via the local train service is slow, but convenient. The line runs directly into Penn Station, just below Madison Square Garden, blocks from the Empire State Building.

The staff seemed genuinely interested in meeting the needs of our group and very much appreciated.

Overall, it is worth the money and sufficient for larger business gatherings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Dave,
Thanks so much for your feedback, and taking time to share it on Trip Advsior. Your informative review provides great information to fellow travelers. I would add our beautiful location inside this office campus is also unique- water features, and lots of green! I agree the train is slow, hard to believe its only 7 stops to NYC. We hope to see you again, and stop by to introduce yourself

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Finnish first
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel one night for a conference. After driving up in a snowstorm I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room was on the concierge floor. Unfortunately, neither of the keys that they gave me worked. Someone from management happened to come off the elevator and saw me struggling. She tried her master and that did not work. She also tried the housekeepers key. Apologizing profusely, she called the front desk and led me to another room. When she opened the door maintenance was in the room. She was so angry and called the front desk again. I was not upset at all-just glad to be at the hotel after the tough drive. Additionally, she was doing everything she could to make the situation right and it really did not delay me more than ten minutes. Finally secure in my (third) room the keys were delivered promptly. When I returned to my room after the evening conference session, I saw a beautiful fruit platter along with a handwritten note of apology. Although it was not necessary (I actually thought the whole situation was kind of funny) it was greatly appreciated. Thank you Lisa Hall for wonderful customer service. I am not sure if this is the person who helped me or someone else in management. If it was two people who helped me they both deserve accolades.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MichLynn1
Thanks so much for sharing your story. Our Journey Ambassador Lisa, and our Executive Housekpeer, Elona were the associates you mentioned. We hung your comments on our
wall of fame to share with all our associates. Again I appreciate your feedbak, have a great day!
Chester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Overall experience was good. I ordered the Romance Package and the front desk didn't mention it and I expected the package in the room and it was a no show. Had to call down to the front desk and wait for it. Breakfast was also included but what the coupon listed was no place to be found. Staff seemed confused when ordering breakfast and they finally came through.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Frank T,
Thanks for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it. Sorry the staff was confused on the Romance Package, surprising since they are very popular. We had a retraining session based on your feedback.
Hope you'll give us another chance to say hello!
rhode island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here two nights for pleasure. The first night we were awakened. within ten minutes, security asked them to keep it down AND delivered keys to a new room far from the partiers. very comfy beds and quite clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nature Nut 9
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. I always appreciate feedback, sorry we had some partiers, sounds like they enjoyed the hotel too. I am glad security quickly resolved the issue and you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Safe Travels!
St. Paul, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Strangely, I can't fault the room - it was clean - but this is a strange place. Definitely not somewhere I'd go TO, but would stay there if I needed to be nearby.

Simply put, this is a odd hotel. Tall ceilings and lots of brick, but everything is in desperate need of a floodlight. Even my room could use a little additional light - I felt like I was in a strange cocktail lounge for the entire stay.

With some hotels, it's clear what being a Hilton Hhonors member (gold) provides - coupons for breakfast, snacks, even a complimentary reception with drinks. Here, not so much...

Oh, and the fitness room with its broken-down mix of equipment is sadly in need of an update.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear latteforme
Thanks for taking the time to provide us your feedback, we are currently adding some equipement and will be expanding the fitness center later this year. I appreciate the positive comments on your room cleanliness. Usually our Hilton Gold members do recieve room upgrades, its impossible for me to determine when you stayed, and we may have only had our standard rooms available.
Please stop by and ask for me next time you are in the hotel.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Good location if you are doing Parsippany or Morristown. Nice and clean rooms however you can hear noise at night from other rooms such as showers, toilet flushing and etc. Fitness Room needs help they have 9 pieces of equipment and only 4 pieces work 100%. Some cardio machines work but TV's are snowy, machine doesn't allow increasing of incline, can't see the calories lost, can't see the distance and etc.
I loved the Happy Hours in the bar which has 1/2 off wings, onions rings, hamburger and etc. all on different evenings. Front Office staff is very nice, friendly and refer great restaurants in the area. My last major issue is the website says $45 for a taxi from Newark and that's not true is was $75 which is a large difference.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear whytraveldotcom
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our fitness facility. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences but we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
J Galligan
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was nice experience to stay in the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food quality was good but the options are not much foe vegitarian friends if you are coming from India. I will recommend to stay in the hotel if you are visitng NJ in future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vishal M
Thanks for taking the time to post the feedback. I am gald you found our staff friendly and attentive. I appreciate your feedback on the vegetarian offerings, we will be revising our menu for the spring and I will bring that to the Chef's attention for additional consideration, there are probably other folks also looking for more offerings we have quite a very international group of guests here. Thanks for the suggestion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
#4 of 17 in Parsippany
#1 of 6 in Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#2 of 17 in Parsippany

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!