WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chester
“Romance Package”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Overall experience was good. I ordered the Romance Package and the front desk didn't mention it and I expected the package in the room and it was a no show. Had to call down to the front desk and wait for it. Breakfast was also included but what the coupon listed was no place to be found. Staff seemed confused when ordering breakfast and they finally came through.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Frank T,
Thanks for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it. Sorry the staff was confused on the Romance Package, surprising since they are very popular. We had a retraining session based on your feedback.
Hope you'll give us another chance to say hello!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Finnish first
rhode island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here two nights for pleasure. The first night we were awakened. within ten minutes, security asked them to keep it down AND delivered keys to a new room far from the partiers. very comfy beds and quite clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nature Nut 9
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. I always appreciate feedback, sorry we had some partiers, sounds like they enjoyed the hotel too. I am glad security quickly resolved the issue and you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Safe Travels!
St. Paul, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Strangely, I can't fault the room - it was clean - but this is a strange place. Definitely not somewhere I'd go TO, but would stay there if I needed to be nearby.

Simply put, this is a odd hotel. Tall ceilings and lots of brick, but everything is in desperate need of a floodlight. Even my room could use a little additional light - I felt like I was in a strange cocktail lounge for the entire stay.

With some hotels, it's clear what being a Hilton Hhonors member (gold) provides - coupons for breakfast, snacks, even a complimentary reception with drinks. Here, not so much...

Oh, and the fitness room with its broken-down mix of equipment is sadly in need of an update.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear latteforme
Thanks for taking the time to provide us your feedback, we are currently adding some equipement and will be expanding the fitness center later this year. I appreciate the positive comments on your room cleanliness. Usually our Hilton Gold members do recieve room upgrades, its impossible for me to determine when you stayed, and we may have only had our standard rooms available.
Please stop by and ask for me next time you are in the hotel.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Good location if you are doing Parsippany or Morristown. Nice and clean rooms however you can hear noise at night from other rooms such as showers, toilet flushing and etc. Fitness Room needs help they have 9 pieces of equipment and only 4 pieces work 100%. Some cardio machines work but TV's are snowy, machine doesn't allow increasing of incline, can't see the calories lost, can't see the distance and etc.
I loved the Happy Hours in the bar which has 1/2 off wings, onions rings, hamburger and etc. all on different evenings. Front Office staff is very nice, friendly and refer great restaurants in the area. My last major issue is the website says $45 for a taxi from Newark and that's not true is was $75 which is a large difference.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear whytraveldotcom
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our fitness facility. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences but we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
J Galligan
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was nice experience to stay in the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food quality was good but the options are not much foe vegitarian friends if you are coming from India. I will recommend to stay in the hotel if you are visitng NJ in future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vishal M
Thanks for taking the time to post the feedback. I am gald you found our staff friendly and attentive. I appreciate your feedback on the vegetarian offerings, we will be revising our menu for the spring and I will bring that to the Chef's attention for additional consideration, there are probably other folks also looking for more offerings we have quite a very international group of guests here. Thanks for the suggestion
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights for business. When it is named Hilton, I expected high quality all around everything. While the room was great in terms of cleanliness and comfort, unfortunately the wow factor pretty much ends there. Staff were generally friendly during the check-in, but their friendliness looked forced. For the price, I also expected complimentary breakfast but that was absent. Instead, breakfast was served at the in hotel restaurant that by them time one is done with a normal breakfast, the bill was almost $20. Too high of a price even if the breakfast was exceptional, especially if you don't eat a lot for breakfast. It pains me to give this hotel an average rating when it can do much better. I just feel for the price I paid, it didn't wow me enough to want to come back when there are better deals nearby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Pilot08
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we will use your comments as we continuously work towards greater guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your review, we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.
J Galligan
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have been to this hotel a few times for a weekend getaway its clean Quite.Ruth Chris right there in the hotel you don't have to go far to have a great meal. Love the apple french toast in the Sunday buffet. Room service food is excellent too great mash potatoes and gravy.

Room Tip: ask for the pool side room during the warmer months they have tables and chairs so you can relax out...