“Nothing short of Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Parsippany

Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
“Nothing short of Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I didn't know what to expect cause I never stayed in the Hilton but from the time of check-in to check-out we were treated like royalty. Complete luxury, the staff was very hospitable and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. This is a GREAT getaway for couples to just relax and spend some quiet time. When we went to dinner @ Ruth's Chris steakhouse it was another amazing experience, their staff made you feel like we were the only one in there. We didn't get a chance to go to the Spa but I did go to visit and it was like walking in heaven. next time i will make sure that my girlfriend and I make it down there to get the couples massage.We can't wait to return to have another FABULOUS EXPERIENCE!! This hotel is like the best kept secret in New jersey to me! I just want say THANK YOU to the staff again for making our stay FABULOUS!!

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor with a beautiful view!! very spacious, the bed was like laying on a cloud...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juliusbean
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Juliusbean
Thanks so much for your fantastic posting. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend, from our super comfortable beds, to our Ruth's Chris steakhouse. And, yes defintely give the SPA a try, you'll find some packages on our web site they have some great offerings. See you next time!
Jgalligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Modern and comfortable. Loved the pool and the hot tub. Service was great. We ised the conference room. it was reasonably priced and quite large. Location is great as it is easy accessible to a few highways.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Davidffei
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear David
Thanks so much for taking time to post your positive comments about the Hilton. I am delighted we met your expectations and found our pool and meeting rooms a great value. We hope to see you again in the future!
-Jerry Galligan, GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I try to stay here with my wife every New Year's Eve, as the Ruth's Chris steak house is our tradition. We normally have a good experience, but the front desk manager (Ayad Akbar) went above and beyond to make our short stay as pleasurable as possible. He changed our room from 2 double beds to a king size with no charge, got us plates and silverware for our cake himself, and made sure that anything we needed was available to us if necessary. Service and caring like that is the reason why we only stay at reputable hotels, and we will certainly be back again for another great time!

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank alkarriem
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear alkarriem,
Thank you for making your trip advisor debut with us. We appreciate your kind words, and sharing your experience with others. I also appreciate that you expressed your appreciation for the services Ayaz extended. Happy New Year, may it be healthy and prosperous
Baldwin, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Total luxury, amazing service and treated like a Queen!

I have never stayed in this Hilton and didn't know what to expect. When I arrived, I was greeted very warmly by Mr. Gokhan Gokturk. I am only HHonors Gold, but he treated me as though I were one of the Hiltons themselves! He noticed that I had selected the poolside king suite and advised me that in winter, the room might be a bit chilly as it opened out onto the outdoor pool, what did I think? I said I would take his advice. He upgraded me to a gorgeous concierge level room. I am quickly becoming addicted to such luxury. He said that since there was no food on the concierge level at that particular hour, he would give me coupons for the Splash Bar for an appetizer and a drink. This was wonderful! He also gave me a coupon for a free breakfast the next morning, and Mr Ayaz Akbar also greeted me, both had such warm smiles and said they wanted my stay to be great and to just let them know if I had any requests.

As I walked to my room I passed by the pool complex and gym. The pools and gym were just beautiful. I loved that the gym looked out onto the pool. I stopped by the Spa to make a reservation for later that evening, then went to my room, which was very spacious and luxurious. I then went to the pool to relax and had it completely to myself, what luxury. When the Splash Bar opened, I walked just a few steps to it and ordered my appetizer (they have a choice of five or six that you can use a coupon on, including calamari, chicken quesadillas, spinach dip and fresh potato chips, there are other choices as well) and drink. I was told I could order whatever i wanted as a drink, so chose a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. I was waited on right away, which was great as I was able to finish just in time for my spa reservation - yes, there's a full day spa inside the hotel! And it takes just a minute to walk from the Splash Bar to the Spa, all indoors.

There was very soothing music playing in the spa as I entered, and the spa was beautiful. I was told that the spa was only a year old. I chose the Signature massage from the menu, which was $80 for 60 minutes. The locker room has a gas fireplace in it which was most welcome as I changed into spa robe and slippers in preparation for my signature massage, which is where you discuss the type of treatment (hard, medium, soft, stretching, hot stones) with the masseuse. My masseuse, Shelly was fantastic with just the right touch. The massage bed itself has a plush, soft, warm heated pad, and as a result you begin to relax the minute you are there. Shelly used aromatherapy and ended the session with hot stones. So relaxing and blissful.

After my visit to the spa, I went to the in-hotel Ruth's Chris steakhouse. I did not know there was a Ruth's Chris at this hotel until I saw it while checking in. This was my second visit to a Ruth's Chris steakhouse (so I already knew how good the food would be) and I really loved having everything under one roof particularly on such a cold day. This hotel lacks for nothing! I ordered the signature special, where you get an appetizer (I recommend the chopped salad), entree (I chose the filet, which was served Ruth's style sizzling on a hot plate), a personal side (creamed spinach all the way!), warm fresh bread, and a dessert duo: fresh berries in a panacotta sauce, and a decadent chocolate/peanut butter ganache. The service was excellent, as expected.

But more great service awaited. As I staggered out of Ruth's in my food coma, I didn't realize I had dropped my room key somewhere in the restaurant. No problem! As I passed the front desk, which is just across the lobby from the restaurant, Mr Ayaz Akbar was ready for me. Ruth's had told him that I dropped my key, and he was already cutting me a new key, saving me from having to go upstairs, fumble around for my key and return. The goal of this hotel seems to be seamless, flawless service to anticipate the guest's needs before even they do. I couldn't believe it. I have never seen service like this. Did I die and go to hotel heaven?

And the bed was super comfortable. I got some work done in the room and enjoyed a long restful night. In the morning, I had a nice breakfast in The Olive restaurant. They had omelettes made to order, which I really wanted to try but was still full from the steak the night before, so had the fresh steel cut oatmeal. They also had an array of fresh berries for making greek yogurt parfaits. The fresh strawberries kept coming, and they had fresh blueberries and a berry mix as well.

I had another wonderful swim and gym workout afterward, and Mr Gokturk allowed me a late checkout, as he and Mr Akbar could see that I never wanted to leave this hotel. It renewed and refreshed me and I can't wait to come back. Look up outstanding service in the dictionary, you will see their pictures. Thank you both so much! You completely exceeded my every expectation and have set a very high bar.

Room Tip: They have king suites pool side with french doors that open out onto your own small terrace! Hotel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Valentine_AngoraCat
Dear Valentine_AngoraCat,
or should I address you as your majesty. Wow, that was quite a review we certainley appreciate your kind words about your experience and singling out some of our outstanding team members. Thank you for sharing your experience with the public and for taking the time to write such a detailed review.
I hope I get to meet you next time travel takes you to Parsippany
Maplewood,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just returned from a 2 night stay celebrating a special birthday. We were greeted at the door immediately and escorted to the Front Desk where we met Victoria who had a warm and friendly manner and went out of her way to be sure that everything we requested was provided. I had requested an early check-in and when we arrived at the hotel our requested Concierge Floor room was ready and it was exactly as I'd requested. The room was very nice and well decorated. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom with other amenities provided and it was immaculately clean. The Housekeeping staff happened to be in the hallway when we arrived and she knocked on our door asking if there was anything special we needed. The Concierge Lounge was supposed to be available, but it was closed for the holidays and instead we were given slips for free breakfasts each morning in the Olive restaurant which provided a rather extensive Buffet with excellent service and a very polite and helpful staff.
We sat at the pool several times and it was very nice. The floor of the pool and jacuzzi could use some repair work, but the pool was warm and very clean.
There is a well appointed Business Center which allows free Internet access on the main level of the hotel, but there is a charge for Internet use in the guest rooms - even on the Concierge Level.
We had made plans to have several Spa services at Deluxe Spa, within the hotel, and all services were excellent. The Spa is a separate facility within the hotel and the excellent staff carries through with Deluxe employees as well.
We had dinner at Ruth's Chris each night and the food was excellent and served beautifully. They honored our reservations and greeted us warmly, wishing our granddaughter a happy birthday at each opportunity.
The Parsippany Hilton is well located, immaculately clean with a very upscale appearance and
I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Our Concierge Level room faced West and it was quiet and well appointed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nanag1
Dear nanag1 ,
Happy birthday, and thanks for your detailed review. I am glad our team made your special day a special visit. We hope to see you for all your special occasions, thank you!
-Jerry Galligan
Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Excellent location. Everyone was very helpful and polite around. Checking in was a disaster, as only one person there and she was in training and was not knowledge of all the front desk. When got there my room was not ready, even when the reservation says early arrival. Being a Gold status took me by surprise. The room was good condition and the ac-heater worked properly. I was on the club level and the service there was excellent for breakfast and night snacks.
Overall experience was good, not the best for a Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and away from the pool area
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear jcastillo99;
I see you are a senior contributor to Trip Avisor, thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to see your overall stay was good, I apologize that we did not provide for an early arrival and I will review that with our front office team. Hope to see you again the next time you are in Parsippany.
Denville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Parsippany Hilton
One Hilton Court
Parsippany, N.J. 07054

Attention: Mr. Ayaz Akbar

I must apologize for the delay in sending this Commendatory Letter for you and your staff to acknowledge and thank all of you for your fine and humanitarian hospitality toward my husband and me during our emergency stay at the Parsippany Hilton during and in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

Mr. Akbar, to say the least, we are ever so grateful for your genuine professional warmth, coupled with the very caring, sensitive and efficient service that you and your staff extended to us during our prolonged stay. To be sure, this was all the more remarkable insofar as you were forced to perform your responsibilities under some of the worst of possible circumstances, including serious problems created for the hotel staff as a result of the loss of internet services and having to endure the apparent double and triple shifts with sometimes less than understanding fellow guests. In short, you and your staff were attentive, graceful and gracious during the course of all of these burdensome circumstances. This is applicable to all aspects of our stay of in excess of thirteen days from the kind and considerate front desk assistance we received to the caring and conscientious service and assistance of the hotel’s housekeeping staff.

For all that you did, we would like to extend our sincerest and deepest gratitude for the impeccable fashion in which you and your entire staff made us feel welcome and cared for, during our stay in a most difficult time.

In this regard, we wish to particularly recognize and thank, in addition to you for your expertise in mentor-ship and management, the following members your hotel staff: Mr. Gustavo Agubelo and Mr. Hayden Davis of your front desk staff, Jose (last name unknown) of the hotel’s room service team, Ms. Mercine Henroy of the hotel’s housekeeping staff and, a very special thanks to, Mr. Larry Davis of the hotel’s restaurant.

Again many thanks and we look forward to our next stay under better circumstances. Stay blessed!

Sincerely Yours,
Daisy & John Sirico

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daisy S
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We were glad to be of assistance during and in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Thank you for highlighting the team, and their efforts. We hope to see you again when circumstances are better. Very warm wishes for a happy holiday in your own home, come and visit us anytime!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
#2 of 16 in Parsippany
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!