“Well run excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Parsippany

Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maplewood,
“Well run excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just returned from a 2 night stay celebrating a special birthday. We were greeted at the door immediately and escorted to the Front Desk where we met Victoria who had a warm and friendly manner and went out of her way to be sure that everything we requested was provided. I had requested an early check-in and when we arrived at the hotel our requested Concierge Floor room was ready and it was exactly as I'd requested. The room was very nice and well decorated. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom with other amenities provided and it was immaculately clean. The Housekeeping staff happened to be in the hallway when we arrived and she knocked on our door asking if there was anything special we needed. The Concierge Lounge was supposed to be available, but it was closed for the holidays and instead we were given slips for free breakfasts each morning in the Olive restaurant which provided a rather extensive Buffet with excellent service and a very polite and helpful staff.
We sat at the pool several times and it was very nice. The floor of the pool and jacuzzi could use some repair work, but the pool was warm and very clean.
There is a well appointed Business Center which allows free Internet access on the main level of the hotel, but there is a charge for Internet use in the guest rooms - even on the Concierge Level.
We had made plans to have several Spa services at Deluxe Spa, within the hotel, and all services were excellent. The Spa is a separate facility within the hotel and the excellent staff carries through with Deluxe employees as well.
We had dinner at Ruth's Chris each night and the food was excellent and served beautifully. They honored our reservations and greeted us warmly, wishing our granddaughter a happy birthday at each opportunity.
The Parsippany Hilton is well located, immaculately clean with a very upscale appearance and
I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Our Concierge Level room faced West and it was quiet and well appointed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nanag1
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear nanag1 ,
Happy birthday, and thanks for your detailed review. I am glad our team made your special day a special visit. We hope to see you for all your special occasions, thank you!
-Jerry Galligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Excellent location. Everyone was very helpful and polite around. Checking in was a disaster, as only one person there and she was in training and was not knowledge of all the front desk. When got there my room was not ready, even when the reservation says early arrival. Being a Gold status took me by surprise. The room was good condition and the ac-heater worked properly. I was on the club level and the service there was excellent for breakfast and night snacks.
Overall experience was good, not the best for a Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and away from the pool area
Dear jcastillo99;
I see you are a senior contributor to Trip Avisor, thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to see your overall stay was good, I apologize that we did not provide for an early arrival and I will review that with our front office team. Hope to see you again the next time you are in Parsippany.
Jerry Galligan
Denville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Parsippany Hilton
One Hilton Court
Parsippany, N.J. 07054

Attention: Mr. Ayaz Akbar

I must apologize for the delay in sending this Commendatory Letter for you and your staff to acknowledge and thank all of you for your fine and humanitarian hospitality toward my husband and me during our emergency stay at the Parsippany Hilton during and in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

Mr. Akbar, to say the least, we are ever so grateful for your genuine professional warmth, coupled with the very caring, sensitive and efficient service that you and your staff extended to us during our prolonged stay. To be sure, this was all the more remarkable insofar as you were forced to perform your responsibilities under some of the worst of possible circumstances, including serious problems created for the hotel staff as a result of the loss of internet services and having to endure the apparent double and triple shifts with sometimes less than understanding fellow guests. In short, you and your staff were attentive, graceful and gracious during the course of all of these burdensome circumstances. This is applicable to all aspects of our stay of in excess of thirteen days from the kind and considerate front desk assistance we received to the caring and conscientious service and assistance of the hotel’s housekeeping staff.

For all that you did, we would like to extend our sincerest and deepest gratitude for the impeccable fashion in which you and your entire staff made us feel welcome and cared for, during our stay in a most difficult time.

In this regard, we wish to particularly recognize and thank, in addition to you for your expertise in mentor-ship and management, the following members your hotel staff: Mr. Gustavo Agubelo and Mr. Hayden Davis of your front desk staff, Jose (last name unknown) of the hotel’s room service team, Ms. Mercine Henroy of the hotel’s housekeeping staff and, a very special thanks to, Mr. Larry Davis of the hotel’s restaurant.

Again many thanks and we look forward to our next stay under better circumstances. Stay blessed!

Sincerely Yours,
Daisy & John Sirico

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daisy S
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We were glad to be of assistance during and in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Thank you for highlighting the team, and their efforts. We hope to see you again when circumstances are better. Very warm wishes for a happy holiday in your own home, come and visit us anytime!
Red Bank, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

It seemed as if they were working with the minimum number of people. Everyone was polite and helpful, but you had to search for the help. Our conference room was not ready at the time scheduled and I was charged for internet when I did not use it. Was I in a Hilton?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you thought that we were understaffed. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that our main priority is for all our guests fell that we have an efficient staff at their disposal. In fact, thanks to your comments we are currently looking at different options to make sure our guests receive the treatment they deserve. Again, I apologize if you had any inconveniences during your stay with us and hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Jerry Galligan
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

There was an issue with the concierge lounge being available after hours, despite the sign indicating 24 hour access, and having the front desk assure me that it was available. After checking in after midnight, I found that the hotel had bolted the lock on the door - but all I really wanted was a bottle of water. Multiple attempts to walking down and calling, but no resolution. It just so happened that I got a survey after checkout where I indicated the problem, so the hotel offered me 10,000 points . . . somewhat miniscule, given that a free night was minimum of 35k points. I receive much better service at surrounding hotels, but at least this property is willing to help mitigate through offering points.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We are sorry for the confusion about the hours of our concierge lounge and hope that we will have another chance to show you the quality service and amenities you deserve should you visit the area again in the future. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests' expectations and welcome you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further or if i may be of any additional assistance.
Thanks
-JGalligan
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is good especially the staff. I was welcomed by the manager and other staff. The breakfast at Executive Lounge is great and I liked Alice for her hospitality.

It's like home away from home.

Keep it up Ayaz Akbar!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Vini21
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel and team, its nice to be thought of as a home away from home. I look foward to welcoming you back in 2013, Have a happy holiday season.
-Jerry and Team
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is huge. From where i parked and entered i had about a 3k walk, twist and turns just to get to my room. The hallways are very dated with horrible carpet. However, i was really shocked at inside. The room was very nice with modern decor. I was truly impressed with the washroom tiling at the mirror. There were small details that I enjoyed. THe bed was super comfortable and the bedding new. The left a really nice message on a card on the bed that i found really nice and welcoming. Our heater wasn't working and we called from desk and they sent a very polite and friendly maintenance man right away. My only complaint is that on our second day i went to enter my room and the key wouldn't work. since the place is so huge they have phones on each floor and i called and was advised that we were checked out because the maid thought no one was staying there cause she didn't see any suitcases. 0_0 not sure what that matter since we paid upfront!!!! SO that was a huge inconvenience. The manager gave us 2 passes for buffet breakfast which we didn't use cause who wakes up at 9am on vacation? I didn't really like the managers tone when dealing with the situation. He didn't seem apologetic at all. Would i stay there again? Yes, but only at a very good price and because it was a really nice and comfy room. ALso... they have a beautiful pond with a bench thats very romantic and a nice place to take picture or relax.

Room Tip: As find our where the parking nearest to your room is or you'll be trekking every time you go ou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Anneka T,
Thanks for your review and the photos. I really appreciate it. I am sorry Housekeeping thought you checked out as there were no suitcases left in the room. I will review it again with the manager on duty to ensure he/she is more apologetic when such a situation occurs. I am glad you found our accomodations to be nice and comfortable
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
#2 of 16 in Parsippany
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!