“No hot water in mornings!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Parsippany

Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“No hot water in mornings!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from July 25th to 28th (attending a conference). Not overly impressive but seemed OK at first look. I had asked for a fridge in my room (food allergies) and had confirmed two days before but it was not there when I arrived and had to call twice before one was brought up (almost 5 hours later). That in itself wasn't all terrible but the mold in the bathroom, the scaling paint AND the fact that we had no hot water for 2 morning kinda did it for me. Sorry, no good review from me here.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We have identified the issue you mentioned with lack of hot water water which was a side effect of the hard water in Parsippany, we have implemented new processes to clear the calcification which improved the hot water delivery. I apologize for the delivery issue you mentioned with the refrigerator and the room issues. Since I can not identify your room number and would like to take corrective action please drop me an e-mail at ewrph_gm@hilton.com. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Based on the reviews online, I was expecting the worst. The common area like the grounds and lobby were pleasing to the eyes. The hotel is dated, however my room was comfortable. During a long nightly shower, the water stopped for a few seconds but that was it. The accommodations in the concierge lounge were great. The attendant was the best – very friendly, and very very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed our campus setting with green spaces and water features. I appreciate your comments about our Executive Floor lounge which is available 24/7- a great place to relax after a long day, and our breakfast and evening attendants are all about hospitality. We also traced the water issue reported to the hardness of the water in Parsippany causing lime build ups which can restrict flow. We have added additional treatment measures to improve the flow. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Parsippany
Hollis, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while attending a conference in the hotel. Overall, our experiences was pleasant - staff were quick to correct a room assignment mistake and were friendly and helpful. We were surprised that there were no recycling facilities or other attempts to "be green" (most hotels and inns that we have stayed in suggest that guests re-use towels to save energy, for example). We also found that there wasn't enough hot water in the morning so our showers were lukewarm. Will stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback and your recent stay. We do have a recylcing program for all our trash however it is not advertsised, it is managed by our sanitation company. We also do have a card in the room about terry recylcing, I aplogize if we missed placing it in your room. We are very concious about being "green" and over the past 18 months have reduced our carbon footprint by 15% with more programs underway. We have also identified the issue you mentioned with luke warm water which was a side effect of the hard water in Parsippany, we have implemented new processes to clear the calcification which improved the hot water delivery.
Hicksville, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. My room's a/c worked poorly. There was no hot water in the morning. The A/C in the rest of the building wasn't working either. The hotel was HOT! Service at the restaurant was okay but it took too long to be seated. The beds are not comfortable. I reserved a pool side room that was oversold. They gave me a breakfast voucher instead. I am so glad I won't have to return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback and stay during the very popular Supernatural event held in the ballroom. Without knowing your identity and room number I can not confirm your room type information or if you were with the convention which had a special rate on standard rooms. Due to the extreme weather conditions and number of attendees the air conditioning system struggled during the mid day hours and this effected the public space and tower rooms. We appreciate your feedback, and have made some changes in the system that we anticipate will improve its effectiveness.

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a night, just needed a decent place to rest my head for the night and this place fit the bill. Room was clean and didnt have any issues while I was here. Would gladly come back if I was in the area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Boomstar;
Thanks so much for your feedback and posting your review. I am glad you enjoyed our campus like setting with green areas and placid water features amidst a very suburban setting. I hope that while you were with us you had a chance to try the Ruth's Chris restaurant, in addition to our own Olive Dining Room and Splash Lounge. We look foward to welcoming you back to Parsippany again.
Waretown, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

The air didn't work and made our stay very uncomfortable. The water shut off for a few minutes. The service at the resturant was horrible.
The hotel offered no compensation. The maid Stevie was poor as well. They left potatoe chips in the floor and didn't vacuum. The pool was dirty and we can to skim it ourselves.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank DeeFyrb
Thank you for providing your feedback for your trip during the very popular Supernatural Convention which brought over 1000 guests to the convention in the ballroom. On that particular day with outside temperature of a 100 degrees plus 100 degrees humidty and the number of attendees our air conditioning did struggle to keep up for a time. In anticipation of the large crowds from the event we did offer a buffet for quick service, however with a dining room of 80 seats and 1000 attendees breaking at one time it was difficult to avoid lines and service delays.
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is the first time I've actually ever written a negative review on Trip Advisor. The Hilton Parsippany doesn't deserve to have the Hilton brand name. I stayed there two nights for business. My expectations for a hotel are reasonable. For a Hilton, I expect prompt service, a clean room, and a hotel that's kept reasonably up to date. Honestly, I'm not that fussy.

I'm a Hilton Honors member. My profile specifies a Non Smoking room. My issues:

Room #1: Clearly a smoking room in a smoke-filled corridor. I require a non-smoking room
Service #1: Call to clerk -- please call back in 10 minutes, we're really busy (at midnight)
Service #2: Took over 5 minutes to find me a new room
Room #2: Moved everything, only to discover the room was extremely musty smelling. At this point it was 1am so I gave up and slept fitfully in the room. In the morning I found out why -- the room did not have any hot water and the plumbing did not drain (sink or tub). My coworker was given a room in the same hallway with the same problems.
Room #3: Exasperated, I gave the morning clerk 5 minutes to make things right or I was going to check out. She was very accomodating, but the next room, on the "executive" floor was marginally better. If this is the best room they have to offer, I strongly recommend any other hotel in the Parsippany area.

My friend who frequently travels to Parsippany always stays at the Hilton 20 minutes away. No one from her company will stay here -- now I understand why.

Of the four of us who stayed at the hotel, not one of us had a satisfactory room. One could not use the keycard entry system to get into the room -- it took 45 minutes and a maintenance guy wiht a hard key to get him in (they never did give him a key card), one was put in a smoking room despite needing non-smoking, and one also had a room with no hot water.

Cheap, poorly maintained, and not worthy of Hilton standards. Disappointing to say the least.

The daytime staff was pleasant and accomodating, but I also watched them knowingly check 5 other people into the hallway of hotel rooms with no hot water, and I saw two of those people complaining at the front desk the following morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear M Nightin
Thank you for providing your feedback via Trip Advisor. We did receive the e-survey you completed on 7/16 and our Guest Service Manager responded to your feedback yesterday. By brand standard we do have 3 smoking rooms in the entire 509 room complex, which were located on the floor of your first assignment. Unfortunatley in periods of high occupancy we can not avoid assigning guests to that corridor. I am sorry that it took over 15 minutes to reassign your room. In addition, we are in the process of re-keying our A wing building, as well as improving the hot water system in that building, again we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you and your collegues.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
#2 of 16 in Parsippany
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!