“Just Fine!”

Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a night, just needed a decent place to rest my head for the night and this place fit the bill. Room was clean and didnt have any issues while I was here. Would gladly come back if I was in the area.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Boomstar;
Thanks so much for your feedback and posting your review. I am glad you enjoyed our campus like setting with green areas and placid water features amidst a very suburban setting. I hope that while you were with us you had a chance to try the Ruth's Chris restaurant, in addition to our own Olive Dining Room and Splash Lounge. We look foward to welcoming you back to Parsippany again.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

The air didn't work and made our stay very uncomfortable. The water shut off for a few minutes. The service at the resturant was horrible.
The hotel offered no compensation. The maid Stevie was poor as well. They left potatoe chips in the floor and didn't vacuum. The pool was dirty and we can to skim it ourselves.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank DeeFyrb

Thank you for providing your feedback for your trip during the very popular Supernatural Convention which brought over 1000 guests to the convention in the ballroom. On that particular day with outside temperature of a 100 degrees plus 100 degrees humidty and the number of attendees our air conditioning did struggle to keep up for a time. In anticipation of the large crowds from the event we did offer a buffet for quick service, however with a dining room of 80 seats and 1000 attendees breaking at one time it was difficult to avoid lines and service delays.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is the first time I've actually ever written a negative review on Trip Advisor. The Hilton Parsippany doesn't deserve to have the Hilton brand name. I stayed there two nights for business. My expectations for a hotel are reasonable. For a Hilton, I expect prompt service, a clean room, and a hotel that's kept reasonably up to date. Honestly, I'm not that fussy.

I'm a Hilton Honors member. My profile specifies a Non Smoking room. My issues:

Room #1: Clearly a smoking room in a smoke-filled corridor. I require a non-smoking room
Service #1: Call to clerk -- please call back in 10 minutes, we're really busy (at midnight)
Service #2: Took over 5 minutes to find me a new room
Room #2: Moved everything, only to discover the room was extremely musty smelling. At this point it was 1am so I gave up and slept fitfully in the room. In the morning I found out why -- the room did not have any hot water and the plumbing did not drain (sink or tub). My coworker was given a room in the same hallway with the same problems.
Room #3: Exasperated, I gave the morning clerk 5 minutes to make things right or I was going to check out. She was very accomodating, but the next room, on the "executive" floor was marginally better. If this is the best room they have to offer, I strongly recommend any other hotel in the Parsippany area.

My friend who frequently travels to Parsippany always stays at the Hilton 20 minutes away. No one from her company will stay here -- now I understand why.

Of the four of us who stayed at the hotel, not one of us had a satisfactory room. One could not use the keycard entry system to get into the room -- it took 45 minutes and a maintenance guy wiht a hard key to get him in (they never did give him a key card), one was put in a smoking room despite needing non-smoking, and one also had a room with no hot water.

Cheap, poorly maintained, and not worthy of Hilton standards. Disappointing to say the least.

The daytime staff was pleasant and accomodating, but I also watched them knowingly check 5 other people into the hallway of hotel rooms with no hot water, and I saw two of those people complaining at the front desk the following morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear M Nightin
Thank you for providing your feedback via Trip Advisor. We did receive the e-survey you completed on 7/16 and our Guest Service Manager responded to your feedback yesterday. By brand standard we do have 3 smoking rooms in the entire 509 room complex, which were located on the floor of your first assignment. Unfortunatley in periods of high occupancy we can not avoid assigning guests to that corridor. I am sorry that it took over 15 minutes to reassign your room. In addition, we are in the process of re-keying our A wing building, as well as improving the hot water system in that building, again we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you and your collegues.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Its a nice hotel with good staff and services. They have a free shuttle service for the nearest station. Rooms are spacious and good.Gym facility is also available . they have tie up with some restaurants for room delivery like Panda Express, it helps you to have other choices.
Good place for a business trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Harmeshg

Dear Harmeshg;
With 14 reviews in 10 cities I am privelaged that you decided to include our hotel in your reviews. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and our hotel. I agree, this is the perfect hotel for business travel. Our oversized rooms, and location within a tranquil office campus provides a great atmosphere for getting down to business. I am pleased you were able to utilize our shuttle service to take you off campus to local dining options. Thanks again, I look foward to greeting you on your next trip to our hotel. Safe travels

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Hilton in Parsippany, NJ for a wedding. We had arranged to be in NJ for only one night. The brakes went on my car as we pulled off the highway. We managed to make it to the parking lot of the hotel. Stressed and terrified, we were immediately greeted by smiling faces when we entered the hotel. After explaining our story to the front desk, they called for someone to assist us. Lisa Hoppel, a journey ambassador at the hotel came to assist us. She is the picture of OUTSTANDING customer service!! She stayed with us while I called AAA, and gave us suggestions of where to go to get my car repaired. She gave us the name and number of her personal mechanic to ensure we would have our car repaired in time to make our trip back home. She also gave us her personal number to contact her if we had any difficulties, or if we needed a ride to our car from the hotel so we did not have to find a cab service. She showed general concern for our well being and the result of our sticky situation. She undoubtedly turned around an unfortunate situation. I have never received customer service quite like this! When telling our story at the reception, other guests at the wedding also told stories of her amazing customer service. Simply amazing!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica G

Dear Jessica G
Thanks so much for providing your feedback about our Journey Ambassador Lisa to the trip advisor community. While this is Lisa's role to provide exceptional services, she truly lives this as her life's mission and as you noted she went the extra mile to ensure your car problems were repaired and that you could get home safely. Thanks so much for staying with us at the Hilton and for providing the details to us. We know Lisa is a special person, and we always enjoying reading comments from guests like yourselves who had the opportuntity to meet her.
We look foward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The staff at Hilton Parsippany is amazing - always welcoming, helpful and friendly. I'm in town on business and the option to eat on-site is a big plus. Ruth's Chris is attached to the hotel - can't get much better than that! The rooms are beautifully decorated and unique. It's nice to stay somewhere that doesn't have the "cookie cutter" hotel room vibe. The concierge lounge has great breakfast options. I am always greeted with "good morning" and "nice to see you" even after just a few days. The gym has a wide variety of cardio and strength-building equipment. . . there's nothing I lack staying here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank loudinla

Dear Loudinia
Thanks so much for your positive comments about your stay with us. I am always pleased to hear when our guests are recognized and greeted as regulars. We know how impersonal travel can be and we strive to "repersonalize" the experience when you get back to where you sleep. As you mentioned, we offer our full Hilton Breakfast experience in our concierge lounge, I am glad you found it satisfying. Thanks for your business, hope I get an opportunity to meet you on a future stay.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Location for this hotel was excellent. Lobby area very fresh looking. The room size was good and the bathroom had been remodeled. The shower had obvious mold growing. The room had an odor, though couldn't decide exactly what it was. Thin walls & loud plumbing. No outlet near the bed.

On checkin I did not find the checkin person either friendly or helpful, though the concierge staff were wonderful.

Next time I'm in the area I will look elsewhere as this Hilton was very average

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Palmtreegirl57

Dear Chency;
Thanks for your feedback and for your positive comments about our concierge staff. I could not identify you from your screen name and would like to learn more about the specific issues in the room. Please feel free to send me an e-mail at jerry.galligan@hilton.com so I can investigate the issue. The Hilton provides a very good value in the area, and hope that you will reconsider staying with us as this appears to be a one off issue.
Again, we appreciate your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#3 of 16 in Parsippany
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!