“cold shower”

GreenLeadersSilver level
parsippany, nj
“cold shower”
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Stayed here 2 nights with special weekend rates. Room was OK, bed comfortable. The worst problem was no hot water in shower both days.I called to complain after first day and was told no one else had complained. The second day I complained and was told it was due to hotel being underbooked on weekends. What ever the problem I wouldn't stay there again.

• Disliked — No hot water in shower!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 1, 2007

Was in town for a family function, so only stayed one night at the Hilton in Parsippany, NJ. Booked this hotel mainly because of the inexpensive weekend rate of $102.00. It was pretty much what I've come to expect out of a Hilton. Good sized room with all of the necessary amenities. The room was spotless and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but fine nonetheless. The young lady who checked me in was quite friendly as were all of the other workers I encountered. There is construction currently underway by the lobby of the hotel, but this would be an issue only during the daytime hours and you probably would not hear it from your room. Like I said I was there for only one night, so I did not see much of the rest of the hotel, but from what I saw, it seems like another fine Hilton property.

• Liked — comfortable beds
  • Disliked — smallish bathrooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank MrAbruzzo
Arlington, VA
Reviewed June 26, 2007

I recently had the pleasure of spending a night at the Hilton Parsippany. What a great stay! The rooms were very nicely decorated with nice views of the pool. The beds were AMAZING! I got the best night's sleep I've had on the road in a long time.

The staff were all very nice and were able to tell me how to get to different places in the area. They also recommended a great pizza place that delivered to the hotel and it was delicious! The Ruth's Chris steak house was very nice - fantastic steaks!!

I could probably go on and on, but as a frequent traveler, this hotel was top of the line. I am usually not disappointed by Hiltons, and this one certainly surpassed my expectations. If you're in the area, you've got to check in to the Hilton Parsippany. It's worth every penny and then some! I know I will be back next time I'm in town...

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank soosielicious
Boston
Reviewed June 25, 2007

I agree with Ms. Hill. I stayed at the hotel a couple of weeks ago - what a great hotel! From my arrival to checkout, I found the staff to be very guest-friendly! I was booked at this hotel by a friend but after reading about some of the hot water issues, I was very concerned. But I worried for nothing! I enjoyed a long, hot shower in the morning and wonderfully comfy towels. I especially loved the design and colors of the bathroom.

The bed was divine and I had a great night's sleep. The whole hotel is decorated beautifully. I told my friend that she should book me at this hotel every time I come down for a visit. I hope to dine in the restaurant for my next visit. Too short of a trip this time.

I would definitely recommend it.

• Liked — Hot shower, comfy pillows, bed and towels, pretty hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank chowdah
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 10, 2007

The hotel location is decent, amongst lots of company's headquarters. The price seems high for what's being offered. The room are spacious and clean. The overall decor in the whole hotel is cold (as suggested by others).

Dined at the hotel a few times including Ruth Chris and the hotel restaurant. Ruth Chris is expensive but really good, tends to get busy at night. The hotel restaurant is really quiet, service is less than average (slow and unresponsive).

The one thing that bothers me is NO HOT WATER in the morning, it's not even warm. I think they have some serious issue with their hot water system.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank lamj

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed April 9, 2007

A very drab place, with long, cavernous hallways, empty, soulless lobbies, and a depressing feel throughout. However, the real problem was the staff, who were unfriendly and not quite competent. For example, even though I had booked a package that included breakfast, I had to argue each morning for my breakfast coupons.

Other problems, large and small:

No hot water some mornings;

Noisy children running up and down hallways, very audible through the thin door;

On checkout, desk staff told me they could not produce an itemized bill, and that I would need to take their word for the accuracy of the charges;

Internet connection did not work well, when I called to talk about this, hotel staff more or less shouted at me that I was configuring my setup wrong.

One bright staff: The breakfast staff were very, very friendly, and eager to please, and the breakfast itself was tasty and filling.

There are many choices in this area, and I won't make the mistake of booking at this Hilton again. For a very friendly alternative, with a much warmer atmosphere at half the price, try the Marriott Courtyard down the road.

• Liked — Getting out of there
  • Disliked — Staff attitude and incompetence
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank FrequentTraveler231
California
Reviewed March 6, 2007

Too bad I didn't read the TripAdvisor reviews on this hotel before staying at it...

Problems:

- Twice there was no hot water to shower with.

- The jacuzzi was not hot.

- When we returned to the hotel one afternoon, we found the door to our room propped OPEN (with the locking mechanism at the top of the door.) We assume housekeeping left it open. Fortunately, none of our belongings were stolen.

- We were the only customers in the Atrium, around 10:30 am - but it took our server forever to serve us and then didn't come back to check on us for 20 minutes. She was out of sight! She forgot one of the beverages and the toast. When we were finally able to tell her, she wasn't apologetic at all.

- There were no bathrooms by the pool.. odd...

Good points:

- Front desk was very friendly.

- Room was large and clean.

- Location was good for travel.

- Manager refunded us one night's cost after we complained; was respectful and did not try to argue with us. (But now after reading all these reviews, I can see why he was quick to settle our issue.)

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — Door left open by housekeeping, no hot water 2 times, jacuzzi not hot, poor dining service.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
#3 of 16 in Parsippany
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!