All reviewsthe executive loungeruth chrislobby baroutdoor poolfront desk staffbusiness tripnew jerseyfitness centersteakhouseconventiononsitenjnyc
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last month whilst on a business trip. The hotel is quite large and in an isolated location so you would need transport in order to get to nice restaurants, shopping malls etc. I believe the hotel does run a shuttle service within a few mile radius which is quite useful.

Although the rooms are nice, it's not up to the usual Hilton standards I have experienced previously. The view out of my window was of a brick wall!

The restaurant has some decent items on the menu (I would recommend the buffalo wings!) although I found that the service could be a bit slow at times. I did complain about this to the manager and was given a free meal as compensation which I thought was fantastic.

There is a pool and a small gym which contains a few treadmills and crosstrainers as well as some free weights.

The staff were quite pleasant and helpful most of the time.

As mentioned, I stayed whilst on business and it was perfect for that purpose. Given the location, I would not choose to stay here whilst on a personal visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thanks so much for your feedback. You are right being located in a business campus is a little isolating,but most guests enjoy the wide open green spaces, and water features which distinguish our hotel from most others in the market that are located on the highway, or dowtown Morristown. In addition to our own restaurant, and the Ruth Chris steakhouse both on property we do shuttle our guests that wish to explore other dining options. I apologize that you experienced some slow service in the dining room, but that our manager was able to take care of that for you. We stay pretty busy here, and unfortunatley sometime our choice room locations sell out quickly especially to our Honors members, I am sorry you were left overlooking the Hampton Inn located adjacent to the Hilton. Thanks for complimenting the staff, and we hope to see you next time you are here on business, we appreciate your business and feedback.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

The Hilton Parsippany is very nice property in the Morris County business corridor, of New Jersey. The rooms and public spaces, including the convention type rooms, are modern, clean, well maintained and well-lighted. The standard king-sized room I had was very spacious and well appointed, downright roomy for a standard room. So I can recommend the hotel for business travelers to the area.

But, more importantly my reaction to this hotel is based on the excellent customer service I received after being bumped out of my room due to an over-booking situation recently. The staff and management of the Hilton Parsippany bent over backward to make up for what started as a bad situation. After arriving late due to airline delays, I was informed the hotel was full, but they had reserved a room for me for one night at a nearby competitor.

One staffer was kind (and professional) enough to take the initiative to drive me personally to the neighboring hote. This was a very nice touch, since it was the middle of the night and the staffer sensed my distress when he told me it would twenty minutes or so, for a cab to respond. And the next day, when I called for a return trip to actually check in to my Hilton room, a bellman was there to pick me up almost immediately.

Also, the response from management was great in taking responsibility for the situation and providing me with several generous comps to make up for the late night inconvenience.

Believe me, this sort of professional response is not typical and so needs to be noted. I have no hesitancy using the Hilton Parsippany on my next trip to Morris County.

Room Tip: A standard king-sized room is very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Porshe_Guy
Thanks again for your feedback through Trip Advisor and the communication we exchanged via e-mails as well. I appreciate your kind remarks about the staff and the response to the situation, I am glad he took it upon himself to provide service first and ask questions later. As a Hilton Honor member it especially distressed us to relocate your room; and as a frequent traveller I know you can appreciate the rare situation we were in to have to do so. It was our pleasure to take care of your restaurant charges and extend some additional honors benefits as a gesture of goodwill and our sincere apologies for this event after a long day of travel. You seem to be a very busy traveller, we hope your travels are safe and we look foward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My biggest complaint was that I was there in early May and could not get any heat. Others in my group were also complaining and some had space heaters in their room. The only thing was that there was really bad drainage in the bath- and I had water around my ankles in no time.
Otherwise the hotel was fine- average. No issues.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lovesylvie
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thanks so much for taking time to post a review. Wow, we had some crazy weather this winter with days in March approaching 85 degrees and then some days in May with a frost advisory I think Mother Nature has been out of control since the earthquake up here! I apologize you could not get heat but with the wild fluctuations especially from daytime to night our building could not recover that quickly as it takes almost 9 hours to switch from air conditioning to heat. While we are taking steps to improve that time currently we do have to supply supplemental resources when the temperatures range steeply. I'd like to look into the drainage concern, as this must to specific to a certain room, if you can drop me an e-mail at jerry.galligan@hilton.com so I can investigate. Thanks again for your business and feedback.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I booked a room months in advance and could not find the email that quoted my total price.I was staying for a mandatory 2 day convention so i called to ask the TOTAL price of my stay.I was quoted the price of only one night but told it was for two.Not only that it was the wrong price. I was paying cash and wound up not having enough to cover the 2nd night and having to use my spending and food money to cover the difference for the first night since the woman I spoke to gave me a lesser price than it actually was.The staff including management didnt offer any solution and i wound up having to sleep in my car the 2nd night.The staff was also very rude. Since I had used my food $ to pay for the room because of the wrong price quote, i asked if they could comp a meal and they informed me it would be my word, a person who couldn't even afford a night against the Hiltons,an upscale hotel, about the price and no one would believe me because this was a classy hotel and i obviously didnt belong (exact quote).They also had the nerve to try to charge me for the 2nd night that i spent in my car.The attitude and service was horrible and i will never come back. The hotels mistake left me vulnerable, sleeping in my car and they would not even offer me a beverage in reparation.I'd have thought an upscale hotel would be more concerned with their guests experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Britt46501
Jerry G, General Manager at Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. While I can't be sure since I don;t know your dates, I believe you are referring to the Chiller Convention which sold out all 500+ rooms in the complex. I apologize that you believe you were given misinformation, however we do provide confirmations so that when a question does arise we can refer to the record. I am sorry you could not locate your e-mail since that would have been immensley helpful.Since we did not encounter any similiar issues I can not provide any additional information. Our rates for this convention were established more than a year in advance and published in a wide variety of media including the convention's own website. If you would like to send me specific information to my e-mail address I would be more than happy to investigate further.
jerry.galligan@hilton.com

Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and had a generally good time some 18 months or so ago. We returned in April this year and stayed a week during which our daughter (who lives nearby in Morris Plains) was having her wedding. The hotel is not terribly modern (the attached Hampton Inn seems to be a later addition) and is largely a business hotel, but the rooms are spacious and the service we received was very good. We had a room on the Executive floor and the staff in the Executive Lounge were superb. Both Kim in the evenings and Alice in the mornings were extremely attentive and really ran their operations in a most professional way. The breakfast food selection was ample for us and the evening snacks and drinks were always good. It is a great pity that the Executive Lounge closes over the weekend period, but I suppose most of the business trade is during the working week. Kim obtained breakfast vouchers for us to use over the weekend, which we understood was normal practice for the Executive floor, but this was never mentioned at check-in, which I think is an oversight. The breakfast buffet in the Olive restaurant was fairly average by Hilton standards and the service was quite patchy.

The management hold a drinks reception for guests every Wednesday evening and we attended this and just mentioned to the manager (Jerry Galligan) that the prime reason we were over was to attend our daughter's wedding on the following day. A few minutes later a tray arrived with a bottle of chilled sparkling wine, chocolate-dipped strawberries, some flowers and a card from all the staff. This was an unexpected and most thoughtful gesture with which we were delighted.

This is a good Hilton at a reasonable price and we will certainly stay again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Access to the Executive Lounge, by booking an Executive Room, was well worth any extra cost involved.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thanks so much for writing the review its greatly appreciated. It was my pleasure to be of service to you for this very happy celebration, and nice to get to meet you're daughter and fiancee. I did not get to see you after the wedding, but I am sure it was awesome. Hope to welcome you back again soon!