“Great place to stay in NJ”

Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great place to stay in NJ”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's a great place to stay while travelling through New Jersey. Good breakfast, clean rooms, a nice pub to drink some beers and not so far from Short Hills Mall. It's a non smoking hotel what is great aswell.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear pradiofabio -
Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our renovated facility and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again the next time your plans bring you to our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
vermont
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When you drive up to this drab old outdated castle facade, one really has no idea what to expect within. When I checked in for my 3 day stay I was impressed by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. The indoor decor was much more appealing than outside. My stay on the top floor would have been peaceful but unfortunately a loud heating/blower unit was a constant distraction. I have to say I have never heard such a loud and unpleasant frequency from a heater in my entire hotel experience. In the lobby there was a sign that explained the "green" room-cleaning policy at this hotel. Unfortunately, it failed to mention that you have to put a notice card outside your door by 2am. Beware if you want to get the $5 daily credit. The exercise facility was awesome; free use of a retail fitness facility on the lower floor.

Room Tip: You might want to pre-listen to your heating/blower unit during the heating or air-conditioning peri...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear mdecipher –
Thank you for both your positive comments and additional feedback. This reinforces what is working well, and also helps us fine-tune thing to continually enhance our guests' experience. By your 4-star rating we trust you had an overall good experience

We apologize for the inconvenience you experience with your guest room HVAC noise, and certainly hope you shared this with our staff while you were here so this could be corrected. In addition, I am sorry that you did not see the door hanger card in your room to opt-in to our Make A Green Choice program. I will suggest adding some verbiage to our lobby signage promoting this sustainability initiative. Again, we appreciate your feedback to help us enhance our service. Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was there on business, so I wasn't expecting a luxury hotel experience, however I did expect hot water. There was a problem with the boiler and there was NO hot water - none - in the morning when everyone would be getting ready for the conference. I called down and they said they hoped to have it up in an hour, at which time the conference would have begun. They "apologized" to people that experienced the cold water by giving them a $5 starbucks gift card. Nice gesture, I suppose, but $5 doesn't even cover the cost of some drinks. The hotel in general seemed clean and the staff were pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear pWeeG –
First, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look upon feedback as a gift to help us continually enhance our guests' experience. We are very proud of our renovated facility and service that our team typically provide. However, we were not pleased to learn of your dissatisfaction surrounding our hot water challenge. We would like to try and rectify this for you. To discuss things in further detail, please contact me, Scott, in the hotel’s Executive Office at 973-560-5162. Thank you again, and we appreciate your staying with us.
London
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stay in Parsippany every 6-8 weeks for work, but this was my first time at the Sheraton. I stayed on the 6th floor and the room was very pleasant, no complaints except for the loud air con which all hotels in Parsippany seem to have. Very comfortable bed. ON demand movies didnt work, but an engineer did his best to solve the problem. Room was quiet, breakfast provided in the Sheraton Club Lounge was pleasant as well as sandwiches between 6 and 8pm. Room service food was fine. Club lounge is pretty much closed most of the time, which surprised me - I thought it was intended as place for people to work and hang out, but lights were off, TV off etc except during breakfast and 6-8pm.
Shuttle to the business parks was a problem. The hotel told my colleague that there wasn't a shuttle, they told me that there was and that I only had to call to be picked up, but on 3 occasions I was charged $20 for a cab, on other occasions it was complimentary. I tried asking a lady on reception to explain the system to me and she couldn't. Very frustrating and I gave up.
All in all, if you have to be stuck in a business park in Parsippany, Sheraton is pleasant enough. Good bed and quiet trumps everything else on a business trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Julia75 –
First, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look upon feedback as a gift to help us continually enhance our guests' experience, particularly after investing in our recent renovations. By your 4-Star rating and some of your comments, we trust that in spite of the confusion around the shuttle service and the Club Lounge hours, that overall you enjoyed a pleasant stay.

However, we do apologize for the challenges you faced. First, our Club Lounge is staffed in the early morning and evening hours when breakfast and evening refreshments are provided. During other times, while not staffed, it is available via key access to Club level guests. In the spirit of sustainability the main lighting in the lounge is connected to motion sensors, to turn off during periods of inactivity. Once the door is opened and folks enter the lounge, the lights come back on. Next regarding the hotel’s shuttle, some of our accounts have asked to have shuttle included in their arrangements and others have not. In addition based on occupancy levels we try to provide service in the morning and evenings to the immediate local area where possible. If you contact me, Scott, in the hotel’s Executive Office at 973-560-5162, I will be pleased to verify with our Accounts Director what specific shuttle arrangements have been made for your account.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This past weekend my husband and I took our three little girls on a weekend getaway to an amazing castle of a hotel, The Sheraton in Parsippany, NJ! As we pulled into Reservation # for Delmonico, Nick & Anne is 979644 hotel after our two hour drive with two 3 year old princesses and one pint size princess in a minivan ready to get out we were blown away by this castle that stood before us! Filled with such excitement to stay in a castle for the weekend, we entered the hotel which was just as breathtaking as the outside. The hotel was beautiful and the amenities were top notch as was the staff. We were very pleased with our room, but as the children were clamoring to swim, it was off to the pool! As we entered the spa/pool/gym area we were once again very impressed. We passed through a state of the art gym to enter a very clean and spacious pool area equipped with hot pool as well. The staff in the pool were also very accommodating and helpful. We enjoyed a fun swim and headed back up to our room for a little late night room service...our meal came very quickly and was very delicious! We were impressed with this hotel throughout our entire stay! We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those with little ladies who would love to pretend to be a " real princess" for a weekend! Thanks Sheraton!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank 3littleprincesses
Dear 3littleprincesses –
Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our renovated facility and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We were particularly happy to learn that our hotel helped make you little ones feel like “little princesses” for the weekend. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next visit!
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this Sheraton. I'd attend a weekend retreat there in February and made another reservation for this past Sunday evening. Placing a reservation was done with ease. My check in was quick and the evening was very quiet and peaceful. Their room service and vending machines were pricey... Bring your own goodies. The amenities are great and my room was beautiful with a wonderful view. Because of the slow weekend, I was upgraded to a King. This location is close to route# 287 and route# 80. This Princess was well rested to attend her workshop early Monday morning within the near area. I appreciate the services and I shall return..! Thanks!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear DaintyPrissyOne -
Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our renovated facility and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We were particularly happy to learn that our hotel helped make you feel like a “princess” during your visit, but then that seems appropriate since you were staying in our castle! Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next visit!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at this property on a Thursday evening. Staff was nice, room was impressive without being flashy, and the experience was great. They had a modern look in the rooms - good amount of square footage in the king standard. Bathrooms were the modern look of a vanity with towels stored in the open space underneath. Starbucks coffee in the in-room coffee makers. Bed was extremely comfortable. I ate in the hotel restaurant for breakfast and the staff stored my bags for me until I returned later in the afternoon to collect them. I would recommend this hotel for business or leisure if you are traveling to north central New Jersey.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business