“Horrible experience, and spent a lot of money”

Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Blairstown, New Jersey
“Horrible experience, and spent a lot of money”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I hosted a very large event here, and the experience was costly and very unfriendly. the managers were cold and unfeeling and were unwilling to work with me. the rooms were highly overpriced, and I was very disappointed with the entire experience. NEver Never again. We also had rooms with leaks, and dirty rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Renae J –
First, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look upon feedback as a gift to help us continually enhance our guests' experience. I would also like to offer my sincere apologies for the challenges you faced during your visit, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more in an effort to overcome the shortcomings you experience. To discuss things in further detail, please contact me in the hotel’s Executive Office at 973-560-5162. Thank you again, and we appreciate your staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Wantage, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

10/11/1987 we spent our wedding night at the "Tara". Well, 25 years later my handsome groom brought me back to the scene of the "crime". It was wonderful. The rooms have been upgraded and look great. Just what you would expect in a hotel. I liked all the fireplaces in the lobby areas and the glass lemonade jars filled with water and fresh citrus or berries. The breakfast menu in the restaurant is sparse. I would have liked more of a selection. I thought I remembered valet dressed as beefeaters. They must have gotten retired. Still a very nice place to stay. We were on the club level.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KimLoizzi -
First, congratulations on your Silver Wedding Anniversary! We were pleased to host your wedding, and equally happy to welcome you back for your anniversary celebration. Positive feedback like yours is what we strive for from every guest. We are very proud of our recently renovated facilities and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next visit in the near future!
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My last review of this hotel was I hate it had to leave. Well they have made me a believer of second changes. This hotel us worth it. The relations mgr was great and understanding she made the arrangements for my stay and every accommodation was thought off. I will be back for sure in fact the end of this month. What a pleasant surprise to know that your thoughts or frustrating us not only heard but attention is paid to it with actually actions. I'm so pleased about how I was treated and beauty of the room and the attention. Thank you to the entire staff but special thanks to customer relations manager that handled my entire stay. Something to say about a hotel that listens to your complaint and not only address it in a public forum but follow up not with excuses but results

• Stayed October 2012
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Carlasmile -
Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our renovated facility and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our both. We also thank you for giving us a second opportunity to demonstrate our high level of service. With your specifically mentioning one of our associates, our guest relations representative, Nicole, for listening and then ensuring that we took good care of you during your visit, please know that your comments have been shared with her and she is receiving a special recognition for her efforts. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next visit!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Parsipany Sheraton on the weekend of Sept. 28-30. My first night here, my daughter slipped while getting out of the bathtub due to the badly worn condition of the slip retardant that was suppose to be on the floor of the tub. When she slipped she hit her head creating a severe open gash over her eye which required 18 stiches. At no time did ANYONE from the Sheraton come to our room to inquire how my daughter was doing, and I was given the run around when trying to get a copy of the incident report. We felt completely abandoned by the staff and administrators! I will NEVER stay at another Sheraton. Their values of "empathy and warm comforting connections" were absent at this site.

Room Tip: Make sure that the bathtub is safe to use!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tonja R –
Thank you for sharing your feedback. In the meantime I know that our General Manager has been in touch with you directly via email. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please contact him in the hotel’s Executive Office. Thank you again, and we appreciate your staying with us.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 25, 2012

It was late and I was tired - the staff was very welcoming and while they did create my room keys incorrectly on the first try, they were otherwise very kind and helpful. My room was large, with a nice, clean bathroom set off from the room and a semi-walk in closet. Most importantly, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was immaculate. The bathroom was also extremely clean and my only possible gripe is that the water pressure was not great, but I attribute this more to water saving fixtures rather than any real issue with the hotel property. As a platinum member, I did have access to the club room and I was very pleased that the access was 24 hours (while I should perhaps not have soft drinks at midnight, nevertheless I could). Also the breakfast in the morning was very well appointed, nothing extravagant, but still very nice (eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, coffee/espresso, cereals - hot and cold - and baked goods). I also must give a special mention to Mary who runs the morning breakfast, a nicer, more kind person you simply will not find - she alone is worth stopping up in the morning. I would recommend this hotel; while I have seen a few lower ratings for this property, I really think this location is outstanding for the critical aspects of a hotel (clean and quite room, comfortable bed, reasonable rates and helpful staff).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our renovated facility and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed it as well. With your specifically mentioning one of our associates, Mary, for taking such good care of you during your visit, please know that your comments have been shared with her and she is receiving a special recognition for his efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next visit!
Rochester
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just stayed at the Sheraton a second time. First and second time had some similarities but this time mush worse. Checked in about 8 PM with a line ahead of me. One person checking people in with no help. Waited about 15 mins to check in. Was "recognized" as SPG gold but not given an SPG room or club floor. Room was large (good). Not much view to talk of. The bath was functional but the shower pressure was low and the bath drained slowly.
Real problem was waking up at 12 with the alarm clock going off. Prior occupants must have left it on or something. Next time I guess I have to check that. Room noisy in the AM from outside as truck or something went by.
Check out was fast since I had my bill emailed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear wwtravelerRochester -
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your stay at the Sheraton Parsippany Hotel. I would also like to offer my sincere apologies for the challenges you faced during your visit. Rest assured that your comments are not taken lightly. I will look into the SPG upgrade process, but when we do not have availability to accommodate an upgrade to SPG or Club floors, we generally do utilize our larger deluxe rooms, which it sounds like you received. Next, I have addressed the specific issues you have brought to our attention with the appropriate leadership staff to address the staffing to handle heavy arrivals, ensure the plumbing is functioning properly, and have the room attendants check the alarm clock.
I appreciate your feedback to help us fine-tune our service. Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back for a future stay to experience the improved Sheraton Parsippany.
Western NY
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I got a great deal on this hotel on Hotwire, so I was not aware of its identity until after the sale. I was very pleased with what I got for the money. This is a great location for commuting into NYC. We were there for the 2011 marathon, and hotels in the city were even outrageous than usual. Early, I drove my husband to the race start in Staten Island, then headed to the Willowbrook Mall Park and ride (ten minutes from this hotel). $2 parking and $7 bus ticket got me to The Port Authority (42nd).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear There-and-Back5 -
Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback. We are so happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by our recently renovated facilities, found our location so convenient to New Your City, and enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Parsippany. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!