“Good value for money. Renovated.”

Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed here in May 2012, for one night pre-cruise. We were driving from Ottawa to the port of New York. We booked four rooms at the incredibly good price of $75/room, likely a promotion to boost occupancy, because the hotel had been in renovation. Those renovations are now complete (as per what I was told). The rooms we had were all renovated, clean, and very acceptable. The onsite restaurants were a bit pricy, even for breakfast, but there are cheaper options within a few minutes drive of the hotel. The drive to New York the next morning took us about a hour and and a half to get from the hotel to the cruise port. If you stay at this hotel pre-cruise, its best to leave yourself lots of driving time, in case you get turned around, because the highways to the port of New York are incredibly confusing! I would definitely stay at this hotel again pre-cruise.

Room Tip: Stay in the upgraded level, where they include a continental breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J-J-9917
Sheraton_Parsippany, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our renovated facility and are happy to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next pre-cruise stay!

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Online this hotel appears to be a 5 star hotel yet on my visit only the outside of the hotel and the lobby is deserving of 5 stars. My room was not the room I booked and not what's pictured online. Online pictures are purposely misleading and surprisingly the hotel is aware of this yet have not remove that pictures. I was told I am NOT the only 1 who complain, the room was awful, the beds appeared poorly made and worn out. Nothing I expected from what is considered a upscale hotel. So disappointing I left after an hour. To their credit they did not charge me but I think I'm being kind since what other choice did they have. This is the worse Sheraton experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Carlasmile

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. On behalf of the entire Sheraton Parsippany team we apologize for the level of service and cleanliness you experienced. Our number one priority is guest satisfaction and clearly we dropped the ball. We would like to make this right with you, so please feel free to contact me directly prior to your next stay. You can reach me in the Executive Office at 973.560.5110.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

What can I say? Absolutely wonderful hotel from top to bottom.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

A class act ,and some of the most friendly folks you have met, I have stayed in this hotel last year .... But after the renovation you should see the place , Now it is a Castle

Jb

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back to our Castle again soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed there with my husband,girlfriend and her husband. I was amazed at the cleanliness for such a large property. I am a Director of Housekeeping I so I know what to look for. The front desk agent was amazing. The person working in the club lounge for breakfast acted like someone had called out sick and she just wanted rich everyone out I had to keep knocking on the door for everything. She even had the cleaning chemicals on the table. That is why I did not rate a 5. The housekeeping staff should also be trained to answer questions such as how many rms are on a floor and how many rooms in the hotel,but I must say she was very friendly and I appreciate that. She acknowledged that she should have known. Jimmy in the restaurant was also amazing. I love the ground areas. I will definitely be back. It is now my home away frm home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

We are thrilled to hear that you have made the Sheraton Parsippany your home away from home! Thank you for your positive remarks regarding our facility and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back “home” soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Spent 2 nights here for a business meeting. Nicely re-renovated property. Room was modern, nice size... Staff was very cordial, attentive and friendly. The food for our in-house event was very good, not your normal institutional fare. The bar was also busy and nice. It was a nice venue to have meetings and workshops.
Location was perfect, just off 80 and 287. Parking was close and available. My only minor gripe was the water placed in the room with a big "drink" sign on it turned out to be 4$. It wasn't really marked that way, and in other hotels it's usually complimentary, but nothing to fret about. The free in room Starbucks was well appreciated.

Room Tip: Higher floor is probably nicer, lower rooms have a view of another roof full of HVAC stuff.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Our newly renovated rooms have become a great asset to us and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed them! We love the convenience of our property being so close to major highways. Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback regarding our facility and staff!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Nice enough property, all staff friendly and helpful.
Rooms big and nicely appointed.... but you can't open the windows,,, felt a bit sealed in.
Water pressure a little low in the shower.
Quite nice grounds to walk around, with a little lake.

I really liked the shop here, full of all sorts of stuff...
If you're a smoker, you can smoke in the front entrance arch.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Parsippany. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#7 of 16 in Parsippany
Hanover Marriott
Hanover Marriott
#2 of 6 in Whippany

Been to Sheraton Parsippany Hotel? Share your experiences!