“Pretty nice hotel with one major flaw”

Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever stayed at any Sheraton before. In general, I was pleased. The lobby was nice, the service was friendly, and the room was surprisingly big. The breakfast buffet was sparse and mediocre. My one big complaint is that, despite having been remodeled, the shower heads we way too low. I'm 6'1 and had to get on my knees to get my hair wet. I also managed to get water on the bathroom floor, trying to angle the showerhead and then nearly slipped when I got out. Unfortunately, a bad shower ruins my day and ruins my perception of a hotel. 6'1 is not an unreasonable height and any decent hotel should be able to accommodate. Also, you may want to get directions back to the interstate, as several on-ramps are very far away and difficult to find. Coming from the south, the exit dumps right into the Sheraton parking lot, but trying to get back on southbound was surprisingly difficult.

Room Tip: It appears 1/3 of the rooms have extra space, due to the footprint of the hotel. These are evenly d...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton_Parsippany, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your first Sheraton experience! I will definitely share your comments regarding the height of the shower heads with upper management. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Sheraton Parsippany is a real Sheraton classic! The rooms are neat and clean. They say recently remodeled. Fitness area is great as well as the pool. Just 25 min away from NYC, makes it a great place to unwind and have a great weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our newly renovated rooms and fitness center. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us, and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I recently spent one night at this property. The hotel is nice and the staff friendly. Two things: TV difn't work and there was no information about how to log onto the wireless anywhere in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us regarding our friendly staff. We do apologize that your TV did not work properly during your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Having visited the hotel many times over the years I was pleasantly surprised by the remodel that was just completed. The remodel has more of a Westin fit and function then what has increasingly been the standard (increasingly poor) Sheraton experiences. Evening check-in staff was courteous. The bar and the person tending it were good. The SPG rooms were very nice and they actually provided two bottles of water complimentary. I still do not understand why they lock the windows shut - unless there is a safety issue, fresh air should always be available in a room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton_Parsippany, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and for writing a review about your stay. I appreciate the postive comments that you have shared and we certainly look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

The experience here was good. There was a nice guy at the front desk...put us up in a lovely room... we really liked the layout and design of the room, and the art on the wall, the bedding, and the couch... but, WHY don't hotel housekeeping workers CLEAN THE COFFEE MAKERS? pretty disgusting. Also, while we told the housekeeping that it wasn't necessary to change the bedding, they just skipped over the room completely (a misunderstanding), which them saying "oh good! Glad we have one room we don't have to do!")--- and well, it didn't turn out so good-- while the bedding didn't need to be changed, they really DID need to take away the soaking wet towels, replace the refreshments that come with the bill, and generally tidy up.And, of course, Clean the coffee maker already! This dampened what otherwise would be an extremely good experience.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our front desk associate upon check-in and that you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated guest rooms!

We appreciate your feedback regarding the condition of the coffee maker and about your room not being refreshed during your stay – this information is very valuable in allowing us to improve as a property.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Very good experience overall.
Rooms: extremely large, clean, and comfortable.
Bathrooms: basic, but clean & not tiny
Hallways: a bit dark, but generally fine
Staff: friendly
Dinner: We had a large event, and the staff was good, with friendly service.
Gym: very nice, new(ish) equipment
Pool: large for a hotel pool, with a lifeguard. The kids had a blast.
Recommended if you are staying in the greater Morristown NJ area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Sheraton_Parsippany, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Parsippany Hotel! Thank you for posting your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

When you think of Sheraton , you accept something a little more upscale, THIS IS NOT THAT SHERATON. If it had another name maybe it would be acceptable but it is a sheraton. Only one staff member was courteous a deaf gentleman in the front desk, besides that no one else. I am very saddened at how the staff is completely not trained. ALSO the pool they have a section with "swim noodles" my 6 yr old took one as did other kids then a woman comes in yelling those are for swim class only give them back. As a parent I believe in teaching my child sharing. The rudeness of this woman is disgusting and you shouldn't have a pool lesson that takes half the pool on the shallow end and leaving all the young kids that can not swim in a deep end and you cant even give them a noodle???? WE ARE PAYING GUESTS for the NIGHT not some people to be treated as second class citizens. I am very upset that we pay to stay at a facility in the winter specifically to use a pool and then not to have access to it. or the any of the equipment they have on display. Thats is just cruel and mean. WHich is what i would describe the staff as. I would rather stay at a holiday inn Express then there. The rooms were recently updated and very nice BUT its time to re vamp the staff and the swimming lessons..are you a HOTEL OR YMCA????? Still angry that I wasted my money to enjoy a pool for my kid and got "kicked" out because my 6 yr old cant swim and needs that shallow end. and they are so rude Im disgusted. ... I want what I pay for a Sheraton not a motel in shape of a castle.

Room Tip: DONt STAY HERE...that the best tip.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jonellyn

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for the future. Our Health Club and Pool are operated by a third-party and we are following up with them to discuss your experience. As operators, we take our relationship with our guests very seriously and it is evident that we fell short, and for this I apologize. Our goal is for every guest to have an unbelievably positive experience while staying with us and you sharing your experience will allow us to follow up and ensure that our commitment to our guests is followed through.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further. You can reach me in the Executive Office at 973.560.5110.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
1 mi away
The Madison Hotel
#2 of 5 in Morristown
2 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North

Been to Sheraton Parsippany Hotel? Share your experiences!