My husband and I stayed here on our trip to New York City. The hotel was very difficult to get to, as the surrounding highways are a little tricky to navigate. We had to turn around several times to finally get to the hotel ... but that was mostly our fault.
We got a room on the third floor and immediately unpacked and tried to settle in. I pulled back the sheets and was pleased to see no evidence of hair - but instead we found old blood stains. We just took the other bed instead. (Had a room with 2 Queens). The sheets looked like they had been washed - but the blood stains grossed us out.
Within minutes I started getting sick. Being 9 months pregnant, I am very sensitive to smells. I noticed this when I traveled to a Roadway Inn back in January - and the rooms hadn't been renovated since the hotel applied a no-smoking policy. I called the front desk to see if this hotel used to allow smoking - and indeed they did. I asked to be transferred to a room that was always non-smoking, but the staff didn't know which rooms used to be smoking/non-smoking.
We gambled it and transferred to another room. This time when I pulled back the sheets, I found an old urine stain on the side of the sheets. I was disgusted - but we were so tired we just decided to try the other bed. This one had old blood stains in it as well. We took the one with the blood stains. The bathroom had pubic hair on the floors, as well as mold in the grout of the bathtub. My husband had to use his inhaler to try and breathe, which I've only ever seen him do a handful of times in the years I've known him.
Around 12:30pm I woke up feeling feverish. I lied in bed for about 2 hours before finally waking my husband and telling him that we needed to leave. I couldn't handle being in the hotel any longer. He took me outside (yes, at 2:30am!) and we sat in the car for about 30 minutes until my symptoms disappeared. Fresh air cleared it right up!
After talking about what to do, we went in and asked the front desk if they could transfer us to another hotel or refund us our money. After describing our situation to him, he decided that he was not able to transfer or refund without a managers permission, but he tried to switch our rooms yet again. With no other options but sleeping in the car, we decided to transfer one last time.
Thankfully, we were placed in a room that did not make us sick. While there was still leftover pubic hairs and mold (and some in the A/C too - because the room smelled like cat urine), we were able to finally sleep through the night. The one bed had leftover crusties in it - I asked the front desk to come and take a look so they knew we were not making it up. I think he made of a note of it.
The front desk left a note for the manager, asking them to refund us our money for that night.
The next morning, we didn't have a "do not disturb" sign on the door, so housekeeping came in. They did not replace the crusty sheets - instead they just made the bed. I don't know if that's standard or not. ?
Overall, the staff was really nice. They were very understanding and they DID refund us our money for that night, no questions asked. We felt that they worked hard to accommodate our needs - and make it right for us.
This hotel just needs to be renovated and more diligent about housekeeping issues .... but the staff was wonderful to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany hotel located in the heart of Parsippany, NJ. We offer the modern decor, excellent service and terrific amenities that you have come to expect from a Marriott hotel. Our renovated guest rooms feature thoughtful amenities like free wireless high speed internet, free local calls and large work desk. Our suites offer separate spaces for work and rest. Revive daily with our free deluxe continental buffet at this Parsippany, NJ hotel. Keep your healthy routine in our on-site fitness center. Stay connected with our Business Center and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. A great location, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany hotel, ideally located off of Route 46 East, is convenient to New York City, Whippany NJ, Newark Airport, and the Meadowlands Sports Complex. One of the friendliest among Parsippany hotels, the Fairfield Inn & Suites looks forward to providing you the hospitality you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Parsippany
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany Hotel Parsippany
- Fairfield Inn Parsippany
- Fairfield Parsippany
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Parsippany
- Parsippany Fairfield Inn