“Outstanding property for outstanding rate!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding property for outstanding rate!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night for an extremely low rate($62!) which seems to be the norm for this area. No problems with our usual check in procedure of me calling to authorize my fiancé to check in early under my name. We were pleased to get upgraded to a nice suite which is supposed to be given to Gold members anyways(the gal made it sound like they relented even with the cheap rate).

As for restaurants in the area there are some not far away, including a Fridays just a mile up the road, along with a Fuddruckers which are getting harder and harder to find.

The suite was very nice and spacious for the 2 of us. 2 flat screen TVs. Average channel selection with a decent amount of HD channels including NYC locals. Nice hot shower with good water pressure. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only downside was the AC wouldn't kick on, I suspect this was because winter is here in the Northeast so it had been shut off for the season. The room was a little warm for sleeping and the window didn't open, that was the only negative.

Breakfast was good, this hotel definitely had the "refreshed"/updated breakfast for Fairfield with hot selections and was on par with Hampton Inns, a very welcome change from only offering microwavable breakfast sandwiches. The breakfast area was pretty decent size and was not promptly put away right at 10AM on a Saturday which was nice. Yes it's Styrofoam plates but it's a Fairfield not a Marriott(and it's free).

For the free breakfast and a $12 cheaper rate than the Courtyard next door, I don't really see a reason to use the Courtyard next time(which looked to be under heavy construction/renovation). Very happy with our stay and the cheap rate and wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
A K,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing feedback from your experience with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're pleased to know you enjoyed a comfortable stay. It's great to hear that our clean accommodations and complimentary breakfast selection met your satisfaction. We apologize for the frustrations you encountered with the air conditioning unit. I have shared your comments with our maintenance staff in order to make the necessary repairs. We're glad you had an enjoyable stay otherwise and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Miguel Colon, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stay here when travelling from VA to ME as it is a nice 1/2 way point. Relatively easy access to I 287 and a real slice of life of this part of NJ. During my multiple stays it has been clean and comfortable. Had often stayed in upper floor room but one trip had a very nice room on 1st floor, will seek that again. WIFI was better there. Breakfast always seems to draw a crowd but there is generally room for all and plenty to choose from. Victoria at front desk on last two visits was pleasant and very helpful. Can't speak to condition of other amenities as our trips are in and out. Several nice Jersey-style diners in the area if you are in the mood for plenty to eat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vafedtraveller
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
vafedtraveller,
Thank you for selecting Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany during your travels, and writing a review from your experience. We appreciate your continued patronage and we're pleased to know we consistently deliver great service and clean accommodations on your visit. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff and will make sure Victoria receives a special commendation for her warm hospitality. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

New Jersey
Reviewed December 6, 2013

There are very few occasions when a hotel staff has just wowed the pants off me but this Fairfield Inn has a truly extraordinary collective attending to their guests. I have now had the pleasure of staying at the Fairfield Inn in Parsippany on three separate occasions and I tip my hat to Miguel for assembling the most amazing people who are lit up and totally invested in the wellbeing of those of us who stay here. I want to give special props to David, Tori, and Vickey at the desk for being so welcoming, vested and responsive,, to Divina and Emiliano for their kind presence and outstanding performance with the morning breakfast items, to Janfrey for his dedication keeping everything moving, to Abby Housk and her staff Edith, Claudette, Edith, Irene, Mamoune, Marianne, Mary, Rose, and Ruth for the spot clean rooms. It has truly been a pleasure staying at this Fairfield Inn. The property itself is in line with what you would expect with the Fairfield logo, though on the nicer side, and there is a dedication to excellence that is felt throughout the hotel. If Marriott is listening, give these people an accommodation while the nature of time has them all creating this masterpiece of genuine human caring in one setting. Thank you for taking such good care of me.

Room Tip: The extra space of the king suites, along with the microwave and mini-fridge and the two flat screen...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank The_Viceroy
The_Viceroy,
We appreciate your review and recognition of our excellent staff at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany. We have a special team of dedicated associates that make sincere hospitality their top priority. Incredible reflections like yours gives us an opportunity to commend our staff on their excellence in service that made for an exceptional stay. I will be certain to award David, Tori, Vickey, Divina, Emiliano, Janfrey, Abby Housk, Edith, Claudette, Irene, Mamoune, Marianne, Mary, Rose, and Ruth all with a special commendations on their exemplary customer service. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope to extend our hospitality to you again soon. Thank you again for your great review and continued patronage.

Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel for a family function we had in the area. The lobby was great with a nice setup for a complimentary breakfast and we were greeted with a big smile. We were offered our room and a map of restaurants in the area. Hallways were tight, but everything was clean.
Our room was a bit of a disappointment. The bathroom floor was dirty, the toilet bowl was very dirty on the inside, and the room had a drab, depressing outdated feel. The rest of the room was clean, but the bed was seriously in need of a replacement. It had lived its years, was way too broken in, and we slept with springs in our back.
I hope a remodel is in the not too distant future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve-Liz P
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Despite an quick, easy, and friendly check-in, everything went downhill from there. After the first night, toiletries in the bathroom weren't refilled. After the second night, I was left with no face towels the next day. And on the third day, I returned to my room to find my previously used floor mat not only on the bathroom counter, but on top of my hair accessories and dryer/straightner. Also, the in-room coffee was not refilled today!

I've stayed at several Marriott's before, and this has been by far the worst. I stayed at this hotel about a year ago, and I certainly don't recall the cleaning being this terrible. The last thing I want after a long day of work is to come back and not have shampoo or towels, let alone see that there is a dirty towel on top of my personal items!

Asides from that, my colleagues also staying at this hotel experienced similar issues, including one where he was checked into a room that had no sheets on the bed and all the furniture was strewn about the room.

I don't intend to stay at this hotel again on my once-yearly business trip into town, nor would I ever stay here for personal time.

1 Thank NeviTales
Parsippany
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I agree with the other reviewers for this location, the staff is great - friendly, efficient, professional and courteous. Victoria never fails to remember a guests’ name while quickly checking you in and Divina makes sure you’re breakfast is hot and plentiful. All of the staff is genuinely friendly and professional. I stay at the Fairfield each time I’m in Parsippany. Occasionally I do hear other guest talking in the hall, but let’s face it, this is a hotel. The rooms are efficient, but I’d like a little more consistency – sometimes I have a small fridge, sometimes not. With new carpeting, a fridge & a microwave in each room, I’d improve my rating to 5 out of 5. You could certainly do worse and really, it’s not a bad choice.

Room Tip: Pass on the King with the whirlpool!
2 Thank SMW329
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
SMW329,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on both positive feedback and opportunities for improvement. Please know that your comments are important to us and will be taken into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience.

On a positive note, I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team on their friendly service, and I will be certain to recognize Victoria and Divina with special commendations for their sincere hospitality. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I checked in to a very friendly front desk clerk. She located my reservation and within minutes, I had my key in hand. Several people were in front of me and she did the same for them too. She was a pro, and friendly.

The hotel was clean in the lobby and had a pleasant aroma.

The room was also found tidy and relatively clean. Clean to the point that the sheets were crisp, towels folded and surfaces spotless. However, the carpet was dingy and the upholstery was worn with some mild stains.

I review hotels based on what I expect. I do not expect a 2.5 star to be a 5 star, but this is still unacceptable. I would stay here again last minute, but wouldn't sit down or walk around without my shoes on.

The management staff has done an excellent job with what they have to work with, but the owners/executives could allocate additional funds for capital improvements.

1 Thank MJP25
MJP25,
Thank you for writing a review. It's great to hear our staff was friendly and efficient during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. Your valuable comments are of great importance to us as we continually strive to improve our guest satisfaction. We hope to have an opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again for writing.