“Standard, but well run” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Phoenix, Arizona
“Standard, but well run”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nothing special on the decor or amenities. Pretty much your standard middle tier hotel furnishings and decor. That said, the service was quite good. I need directions to a close office supply type store. They took the time to make sure that I could find my way there. Sure, I could do it view any navigation app, but still nice that an actual person took the time to explain it to me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
catlaw98,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful during your visit, and I'm pleased to know that they helped you get to your store. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stop and visit us again.
Miguel Colon, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hotel is a plain block of a building on an unappealing lot surrounded by blacktop and a nasty dumpster in the back. However, the rooms are very well appointed, reasonably spacious and have small touches that make a difference including a shower head at a reasonable height, two shelves in the shower to store your stuff, and plenty of counter space. It could use a few more power sockets in case you need to charge up more than two items. Hotel is concrete slab making for added sound-proofing versus the standard stck-build economy brand.

Most important, staff and service was great. Helpful at the front desk with directions as well as at the free breakfast bar in the morning. Breakfast included eggs, hot ceral, bacon, good coffee, juice and breads. Of special note is hotel can provide you a free pass to the local YMCA for those looking for a serious workout.

I will not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray D
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Ray D,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us. I'm glad you liked our hotel, and I'm pleased you found our staff and service great. I hope we made you feel at home and provided a nice, comfortable place for you to rest. Please come and visit us again the next time you're in Parsippany. We look forward to it.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I were on a road trip from Toronto to Florida, and we stayed at this hotel as the last stop on the way back to Toronto. The front desk person Davis is super nice and friendly and makes me feel very welcome.All the hotels during this road trip have been booked through priceline, hotwire or hotels, which means we do not have the "right" to choose the room or bed type. And this is true, most of the hotels i have stayed during this trip did not really ask me any preference. Some hotels even gave me a really noisy room facing busy highway even though they have plenty of rooms available. But David at Fairfield kindly asked my preference and let me choose which floor and location I would like to stay. The room is very nice, clean and comfortable. Overall my experience with Marriott hotels has been always good.

I used to be a loyal customer to Holiday Inn chains (Priority Club), and i travel a lot for business. I have always been trying to stay with Holiday Inn no matter where I go. Unfortunately i don't feel i get any priorities or benefits being a gold member with Holiday Inn . After this road trip, I decided to stay with Marriott hotels in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Monica Z,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you well and give you the special service you deserve. I'll makes sure to share your comments with Davis as well as give him a special commendation for his outstanding service. We're glad to have you as our Marriott guest, and we hope to see you again soon.
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel pretty consistently for business for the past 12 months due to my company's travel policies. I travel 2-3 nights a week regularly. I have been a Marriott Rewards member for 15+ years so I am pretty loyal to the chain as a whole. This hotel is "average" both overall and within its brand in the Marriott hierarchy. The front desk staff has consistently been very friendly and efficient. However, the physical condition of the hotel is tired and in need of investment and refurbishing. They insist on keeping the smoking area right outside the front door so one has to walk through a cloud of smoke to even enter the hotel. The lighting and decor not as up to date as other properties. Rooms are ok and have generally been clean but the physical structure is showing its age. Many rooms have doors and latches that have clearly seen better days. While they all lock, the gaps between door and jamb are pretty big in some cases. Similarly, in the bathrooms, the showerheads no longer consistently have and even flow pattern and the toilets have a very low flush pressure and are old. Interestingly, this is one of the only hotels that has figured out how to properly hang the curved shower curtain.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the elevators as the doors tend to be noisy...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tom F,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you as our guest, and we're happy to know that you are one of our regulars. I'm glad to receive your feedback, and I'll make sure to use it constructively. We hope to continue to provide good service and a comfortable stay for you, and we hope to see you again soon.
Bluff, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was the ONLY suite I have ever been to where there is NO DOOR separating the bedroom from the living area. When I asked the Front Desk about it, they informed me none of their rooms had doors (except one other room I looked at, but it was a sliding glass door), and gave me a sheet to hang up between the rooms! The living area and the bedroom were small and cramped. I was there Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and rates were over $179 and over per night. The next day I went to the Hampton in Denville, the rates were $80 & $89 per night, I ended up not needing a seperate room, so the King plus sofa one large room was spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was bigger too. I will write a seperate review on the Hampton, but go there instead! They even have a heated pool!

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton in Denville instead!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MargaretJune2010
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
MargaretJune2010,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and consider you to be a valued customer. We regret to hear that you didn't like our modern suite design. Thank you for your feedback.
Fishkill, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while holiday shipping in NJ. We were looking for a room that had an in room whirlpool tub, was within our budget and clode to our shopping destinations.

While reading reviews of the hotel that stated that the hotel needed some updating, we didn't feel the same way. The room was nice and comfortable..

The free continental breakfast was ok. The staff working the room were very helpful and courteous.

I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dppl1535
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
dppl1535,
Thank you for staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites and writing a nice review about your visit. We're glad you and your wife had a pleasant stay with us while doing some holiday shopping in the nearby area. Hope you got a lot of good buys! Please come and see us again soon.
South Bend
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I don't have a nice experience with this hotel because I booked the hotel ahead of time to find out that the hotel was oversold! The staff explained it was due to weather related (rain and wind... not superstorm sandy though!). The only decent thing is that he called another hotel and sent me there BUT without any compensation. I called later on asking for anykind of compensation and the manager called back and gave me enough points to stay in regular marriott hotel for one night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
yuliechristina,

Thank you for writing a review. We've checked our records but have no record of this account. I'm uncertain as to whether or not you may have mistakenly posted your review to the wrong hotel. I would be more than happy to speak with you about this incident in person if you would like to call me directly. Thank you.