I stayed at the Fairfield Inn for 12 days on a business trip in late March/early April:
The Good: Friendly staff, soft bed, clean room, good breakfast
The Bad: Unreliable Internet connection, not enough fridges/microwaves for every room, tv had a buzzing noise to it, paper-thin walls.
The Ugly: Television and dresser had some kind of sticky syrup spilled down the front of them.
The Review: Some folks on my business trip called two weeks in advance to reserve a fridge and microwave. But, as in the case of Seinfeld's car rental agency: they know how to MAKE the reservation, they just don't know how to HOLD the reservation. There were no fridges available when we checked in. I was told there was a 30-person list ahead of me! After the first week (and noticing a lot of people had checked out), I requested a fridge and was given one by that night.
The internet connection was spotty. I had trouble most evenings when lots of others were on it, also. The constant answer from the front desk was "we've called someone to come take a look at it." I'm sure it was probably just that their connection can't handle so many users at once.
Couldn't really watch tv because every time I turned it on there was a loud, high-pitched buzzing sound coming from it. It would come and go, at least, so I was able to watch a little. But, there was at least a little entertainment when the police chased someone through the building and since the walls are paper thin, you can hear everything your neighbors are doing/saying.
To end the review on a positive note: the bed was comfortable and the free breakfast was good. They had make-your-own Belgium waffles, French toast, eggs (not all that good), breads, cereals, juices and coffee. Plus, a free USA Today left at the door most mornings (didn't get one the first couple of days).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany hotel located in the heart of Parsippany, NJ. We offer the modern decor, excellent service and terrific amenities that you have come to expect from a Marriott hotel. Our renovated guest rooms feature thoughtful amenities like free wireless high speed internet, free local calls and large work desk. Our suites offer separate spaces for work and rest. Revive daily with our free deluxe continental buffet at this Parsippany, NJ hotel. Keep your healthy routine in our on-site fitness center. Stay connected with our Business Center and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. A great location, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany hotel, ideally located off of Route 46 East, is convenient to New York City, Whippany NJ, Newark Airport, and the Meadowlands Sports Complex. One of the friendliest among Parsippany hotels, the Fairfield Inn & Suites looks forward to providing you the hospitality you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Parsippany
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany Hotel Parsippany
- Fairfield Inn Parsippany
- Fairfield Parsippany
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Parsippany
- Parsippany Fairfield Inn