“Convenient and safe location”

Travelodge Parsippany
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed October 4, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
kris101, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Parsippany

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Preface: I'm not a complainer by nature. Look at my other reviews - I try to find even the weakest ray of light in a bad situation. Sadly, this place was dark and awful. My check-in on a weeknight at 10pm went uneventfully. Upon arriving at the room, I realized I had been assigned a smoking room despite reserving a non-smoking room. No big deal, I thought, as it's just a quick one night stay. When I got into the bed, I saw not one but dozens of long hairs caked in to the pillow cases and linens. Gross. But, because I had driven 12 hours, I was not about to call housekeeping and wait an hour to have the bed changed. OK, over that issue. The icing on the cake was in the morning. All I wanted was a hot shower. But, after letting the water run for 5 minutes, there was no hot coming out. After 10 minutes, still none. At that point I was going to be late and had to get on the road. No shower. Finally, at check-out I told the clerk who had a blank stare and appeared to be on another planet. Her response? "It's an old facility, you need to let it run for 15 or more minutes." My response? Jaw on floor. Yeah, ok, sure. "Do you think that's reasonable", I asked. "Yes, it's an old facility", she replied. Right. OK. At that point I left my keys and went to find the first brick wall to bang my head on. It was like pouring fuel on a fire.

Now, on to the few pluses of this place. It is among the cheapest places to say in the area. It is one of the only hotels with truck and big van parking. And the mattress was comfy. Those, however, are not enough for me to want to stay again.

If you are like me and just wanting to save a few bucks on a quick, one-night stay, don't. Spend the extra $20 for a Holiday Inn Express or even one of the better Motel 6/ Red Roof Inns. This place is no good, and the lack of empathy (or even acknowledgement) from the staff is kind of a joke. Where is Hotel Impossible when you need them? This place should be a candidate for that show.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back face a highway but are shielded from noise via trees. Rooms in the front face the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
kris101, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I would like to apologize for your experience staying with us, the hot water issue you experienced is not typical but can occur at any facility during busy times. our cleaning staff works very hard and we will definitely look into why your room was in the condition you found it.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent price for the area. Rooms are clean and showers are very soothing. Friendly staff members and good service every morning at breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed there on August 31st for one night and booked three rooms. I normally stay some where with a pool but, had to save some cash. Rooms were clean. Bed spread had some grease stains on it but the sheets and pillows were clean. The fixtures were outdated, but how often can they replace when charging $68.00 a night. Bathroom was outdated and showed its age but was clean. Breakfast was small but had warm eggs, bagels, make your own waffle and other misc food. Just enough for a little pick me up until lunch. I tried to get in befor 9:00 am because this hotel was on the way to NYC. They could not do as nothing was available. I booked on Hotel.com and while in NYC the rest of my party wanted to go back to the hotel with out me as I booked it the three rooms under my name. They let the individuals get the rooms with out me there. Real plus for me as I was not finished in NYC shopping. Overall for the $68.00 it was a place to sleep, clean up in the AM and fill up on a little food. I recieved what I paid for. If I wanted a 4 star hotel I would of booked one. I would stay here again if I did not want the pool and would tell others about the $68.00 price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends