“Horrible place”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Skippack, Pennsylvania
“Horrible place”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Outside looked decent. I asked for non-smoking and my room smelled so bad (not just smoke smell) When I complained they told me they had no other rooms and to just leave the door open for a while. I ended up leaving the door open almost all night. The hotel is loud. I was planning to stay for the week but checked out the following morning. When I booked it the reviews all said how bad it was but it boasted a remodel so I took my chances. I should listened to the reviews. We typically book 3 rooms, this time we had 4 rooms. Each room was pretty much just as bad as the next so I doubt it was just a bad room. We had 2 next to each other on the 3rd floor, 1 on the first floor and 1st on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Just by-pass this one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hillside, New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I checked in at 6pm and checked out at 850pm. I only spent a hour in the room as I went out to get something to eat. The first room was dirty so they gave me another one. I got that room key and went out to grab food. when I returned their were other guest in the rooms around outside smoking marijuana. I sat in the room as long as I could and finally got up to leave. the hotel is horrible you would be better off sleeping in your car. the beds are messy it is obvious that the sheets, pillow cases and blankets are recycled unless they are stained they were all wrinkled up in both rooms. The sign out front says newly renovated. The TV had wavy lines. Don't chose this hotel even if you are desperate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Fort Worth
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Room smell fresh paint, furniture is old. Bathroom smell like pee. Breakfast is poor, plastic cups have smell of a solvent, eggs are cold

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Albany, NY
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sign out front is not for a HJ Express so I drove by it looking for the Express. Once parked you have to climb a steep 1 floor high hill to get into the lobby. Check in was pleasant. Room was in need of remodel as the paint was falling off of the ceiling. Sheets had a stain on it but otherwise looked clean. Continental breakfast was good. The counter person was stocking food and working the counter and not doing either very efficiently.location was 20 miles from where I was going but the low cost brought me there. Was about half the price of the closer hotels.

• Stayed May 2013
kris101, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Parsippany, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel, i would like to apologize for the fact that you did not find the room to your standards. We at the HOward Johnsons Parsippany strive to provide every guest with a clean comfortable room. If your room was not up to par we wish you had notified the front desk and we would have made every effort to satisfy you.
we hope to see you again in the future and hopefully we will be able to satisfy your needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#6 of 16 in Parsippany
Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany

Been to Travelodge Parsippany? Share your experiences!