“Great choice for wedding block”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I will preface this with my usual disclaimer that I am very picky with hotels. Add to that, this time I was in need of a hotel for my wedding block so I was perhaps even pickier than usual! We visited a lot of hotels in the area before choosing the Holiday Inn, and I am really glad we did. The sales manager, Samia, was very easy to work with. I was constantly asking to add rooms and change reservations as well as checking who had booked so far. She was always happy to oblige.

The hotel is modern and clean. We stayed in a suite, which was huge, but we had checked out other types of rooms and they all looked nice.

They gave a lot of benefits for guests of our block including a free drink in the attached restaurant, Pure Lounge, which was very much appreciated. They also decorated our room with rose petals and chocolates - really cute idea!

Pure was a fun time for late night dancing and their food is also good (though on the pricey side).

One negative was the breakfast. The first morning we were there, they were out of coffee and it took quite a while to refill. The second morning, I did not attend, but some of our guests said it was a total mess of disorganization and they were out of everything. I think perhaps they need to plan for more guests at breakfast than they currently do.

I would definitely stay there again and recommend to others, for a group block or otherwise.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank majesty318
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Coming home from a trip to the Northeast, I did something I rarely do. Stop at a hotel without without previous arrangements or reservations. We were stuck in traffic a good portion of the day and the night had quickly come upon us. It was about ten o clock and I had already stopped at several locations that had no vacancy.

Finally, I came across this place and I wish I could rememeber the young man that helped. I said I needed a room and he did not have a lot available. He gave me the rate and I ask if he had anything better priced. He did and I went with it. He was very considerate, which was important after a long day.

We did not get to experience much else of the hotel but the room. It was large and spacious. Pleasantly surprised. Clean and quiet. I could not have asked for a much more under the circumstances.

We had no issue and would not hesitate to stay there again, if ever passing through again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KentuckyDB
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I went to this hotel for a wedding and I had an amazing experience. The rooms are big and comfortable, the bathroom big and clean, the breakfast rich and varied. Wi-fi signal was very good. Very relaxing place...even if in the middle of nowhere..I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Hello G Cardill,

Thank you for taking out the time in sharing your comments on your recent stay with us, I am happy to see that you received a great experience. Hope to see you soon!!

Assistant General Manger

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Recently had to stay at this hotel for business and I must say I was very happy to have stayed here. Room was clean and updated. Wi-Fi was strong and the breakfast was hot. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hello Tom B,

Thank you for sharing your experience in your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites. It gives us great pleasure to read such positive feedback from our staff. We strive for the Best and wont settle for less.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I wanted to say I was a guest part of a group at hotel and on Saturday April 5 th was so so not organized,
Sunday April 6th. Is was great your staff Darlene was so courteous had it beautiful she made sure bagels muffin bread and pastries were constantly put out, juices coffee water refilling.
Stirring hot buffet food , she was always smiling full of energy a social butterfly ,great hospitality,a 5 star employee you have there.. She went well and beyond to greet and meet all guests ..like I said a friendly bubbly person makes you want to come back to see her. So great to see some one smile so early in the morning ,, made my day. She lights up the room

Room Tip: All areas are good all rooms were good place was not noisy at all ran so well We will return.....
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello Diane C,

Thank you for taking out the time to share your dining experience at our Holiday Inn & Suites. Darlene is definitely an example of how much one person can make a difference and turn a bad experience into a positive one. We are grateful to have such a genuinely caring person working in the restaurant.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

we spent a weekend at this holiday inn this past weekend, def had a very enjoyable stay. we are planing on returning sometime this summer. we also had lunch at Pure restaurant downstairs connected to the lobby and it was delicious! drinks was great food was just as good. overall we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear RussJ35,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you enjoyed your over-all stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have stayed here before and I have stayed at other hotels in the area and this one has the best staff. They are always helpful, wether you know the area or you are visiting for the first time.You should check it out for yourself!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Greetings!!!

Thank you for taking out the time to share your wonderful experience at our Holiday Inn & Suites. Our management team does a great job in making sure that all of our agents and staff are knowledgeable of their surroundings.

Best Regards