“Do Not stay at this hotel!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Do NOT go to this hotel unless you are a swinger! My family was having a wedding at another location after New Years in that area so we stayed here because we were from out of town and it was close to the wedding. Well were we in for a surprise! When we checked in, there were a lot of couples walking around dressed kind of sexy. We didn't think anything of it, and then left for our wedding. When we got back, outside, there were a few couples out smoking and 2 girls kissing & making out, yes, making out, and barely dressed. We went it, and got on the elevator to go to our room and there more girls barely dressed, drunk and cursing. We were with my mother and 3 younger sister's and my sister's daughter. It was totally disgusting! The entire environment of the hotel was creepy and sleazy! I had gone down to the lobby and asked what was going on and a hotel employee told us there was a swinger's party going on that night in their event banquet room and that the group was also all staying there too. He said they have these types of events every month there. I think someone should have warned us or told us that this was not a family friendly hotel & these types of events happen here so we could have chose another location and not have our family subjected to this!

If you have a family or traveling with family, do not stay at this Holiday Inn! Or at least be warned of what goes on here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jess T
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Greetings!

Thank for taking out the time to express your opinion about your recent stay. You have stated some serious concerns that alarmed our hotel staff. In response to the comment you made about having to be a "swinger" in order to stay in our hotel is offensive to those who choose to stay with us. The hotel cannot be held responsible in the manner people choose to dress themselves and for the choice to live their life style. You have stated that you were here "after New Years", in looking through our book of events, the hotel didnt have any functions scheduled. It is unfortunate to know that you and your family had such a negative impression of our hotel. I can assure you that we take pride in our hotel in running it in a respectable manner. We would like the opportunity to regain your faith in us, if you are in our area in the future please feel free to get in contact with me.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed here with my family on a trip to visit the Northern NJ area.

The room heater has two settings: off and tornado. It was so loud that we chose to sleep with it off and felt cold when we weren't piled under the sheets. The last day it was below zero and the breakfast area next to the lobby was freezing. They said it was because of the automatic doors letting out the heat. Poor design, poor excuse.

What disturbed my sleep more than the cold, was the sound of the wind blowing the last two nights. There must have been a small gap in the window which whistled when the wind blew strongly. I mentioned this to the staff, so hopefully this problem is resolved.

What saved this stay was that the staff was pleasant with us and the included breakfast was very good. The room was very clean and suited our needs. The location was also convenient to get to the places where we needed to go.

Overall not bad, but not the best place to sleep in cold windy weather.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hello Smuckers and Cheese,
Thank you for taking out the time to share your recent experience with us, please accept my sincere apologies in the condition your AC unit was found in. We will like the opportunity to regain your faith in us and extend an invitation back to our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and the service of our staff.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Staff was very attentive to my needs, and went out of their way to accommodate me. Teresa and Ryan were fantastic!
I had an issue with the restaurant, and the manager did everything he could to make things better.
THANKS JOE!!!

Room Tip: If you have any type of mobility problems, ask for a room near an elevator. Otherwise, it could be...

Hello William H,
Thank you for taking out the time to give us a review on your recent stay with us, Its good to see that our General Manager from our restaurant Joe was able to rectify any issues. Theresa and Ryan are definitely a great asset to our company and thank you for commending them. Hope to you see soon!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The company for which I speak frequently books meeting space here. The meeting rooms are conveniently located off the front lobby and the folks who set up the meeting room are pleasant. Fanny, who fills the water pitchers, is very smart. She made sure there was extra glassware and was generous in putting a couple of pitchers on each table. The problem is that the hotel was pretty damaged during Hurricane Sandy and still has torn carpet, burned out bulbs, and a meeting room floor so warped that you'll be tripping. I also had to ask for a power cord with a ground plug, even though our banquet instructions specifically tell the hotel staff that there must be three prongs on the plug.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Hello Professordoctormom,

Thank you for expressing your concerns about your recent experience with our hotel.
Our hotel was one of the fortunate ones that did not suffer any damages from hurricane Sandy. We were the only hotel open in our area and I am proud to say that we able to accommodate a lot of families who lost their homes and suffered damages due to hurricane Sandy. I do want to apologize for the warped carpet, it should have been taped down to avoid anyone from tripping. I have addressed all of your concerns and issues with our sales team, Please rest assure that you will not have any problems on your next booking. All supplies needed for you to have a successful class will be purchased.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I checked into the hotel with a large student group, and was greeted by two very rude front desk staff (Teresa and Ryan). Considering the large size of the group, we asked the group to wait outside the hotel, while we sorted out room key allotment which was taking a while as we had a large group. The front desk staff got offended with our taking so long to distribute the room keys! i was very taken aback with their attitude toward us, especially when we ensured the group wait patiently outside the hotel, so that they was no commotion or noise in their lobby and other guests were not disturbed.
Also, when I asked them for a change in the breakfast time, i was rudely told it would not be possible. Even the wake-up calls requested for came 20 minutes post the time of request, and the excuse given to me was that it takes time to make calls to 20 rooms! I have never ever heard of such a ridiculous excuse in all my hotel stays (and I have stays in a great number of hotels!). All in all, a pathetic experience, and Holiday Inn needs to teach their staff to be more courteous. Very poor attitude towards hotel guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Magaly B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hello Christinemassey,
Thank you for taking out the time to share your experience at your recent stay with us. Please let me assure you that I have spoken to both my front desk agents and they have expressed their concerns with your group. The night that your group was due to check in was one of our busiest nights as we were close to selling out the hotel. There were several groups to come in after yours and regular guest due to check in. The entrance to the hotel needs to be accessible for all of our guest to enter and exit the hotel without a problem. It is to my understanding that the kids came out of the bus and blocked the entrance area. I apologize if my staff seemed to come off rude to you, but please try to understand that the area needed to be cleared of all traffic. In reference to the wake up calls for your group in looking through the reports, they were only seconds apart from each call.
If you would like to further discuss these issues please feel free to give us a call.
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

everybody always jokes about everybody else's "points hotel", mine happens to be Holiday Inn express. No particular reason, just because I started that way decades ago. So I check in for a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Parsippany NJ. I had a meeting there the next morning.
The lady at the desk welcomes me and informs me that I have received an upgrade to the Presidential Suite!
Anybody who travels at all has to immediately say "WHAT?" A presidential suite at a Holiday Inn. Well let me be the first to inform you that yes, they have one and yes it is very very nice. Two rooms, huge bathroom, three TV's two work centers and a mini kitchen, all for the price of a regular room. WOW. What a nice surprise. I probably thanked the front desk 5 times including when I checked out.

For the rest. the room was clean and neat, well maintained. Heat and air were fine, a touch noisy, but nothing out of the usual for a Holiday Inn. Slept great that night. Lobby is fine, clean, neat, nothing to knock your socks off but fine for what it is. Staff was great, besides the upgrade I needed to know where the meeting was the next morning, they took care of that, and noticed my name on the program so recommended a wake up time for me and put in the call.
Meeting rooms, public bathrooms, refreshments were all quite good.

For a holiday inn in North Jersey, this place was absolutely great. If you have to be in the North Jersey area, ignore the fact that the facility is in the middle of about 5 different shopping centers and stay there, NICE professional staff makes it work.

1  Thank businesstraveler44

Hello Businesstraveler44,

A HUGE THANK YOU for giving us such an amazing commendation to our staff. It is feedback like yours that makes our hard work and efforts an example of how great we are. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade, we like to randomly introduce our guest to the different types of rooms in our hotel.
If you are ever in the area please do not hesitate to give us a call so that we can personally make reservations for you.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I was planning to stay three nights for a business trip in the area. I checked out after one night. Although the room was clean, the bed was terrible. I slept a total of 3 hours. I was unable to keep the fan on air conditioning running continuously and the start stop fan also contributed to my near sleepless night. The only way to get sufficient water pressure in the shower was to use only hot water which was intolerable so I ended up just washing my hair in the sink. Hallways had dirty carpet and no air conditioning. Eggs at breakfast were cold. There has to be better choices in Parsippany.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Maryann D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A