“don't stay here!!”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Clearwater, Florida
“don't stay here!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

First let me say I booked this hotel through Priceline..don't ever do this!!!!!! I asked for a 3 star/upscale hotel and this is what I got. I should have booked something on my own. This hotel is barely 1 star. You walk in the front door and it smells like pickles/fish and the smell was the same the entire 3 days we were there. The hotel is old and outdated. The sheets on the bed feel like sandpaper and same for the bath towels. It doesn't have any amenities whatsoever. I tried to call room service two different times and was told it was an hour wait no matter what I wanted to order. We went to the diner attached to the hotel and that was horrible also. The prices are inflated and the waitress practically threw our food at us. Not a nice person at all. I went with my 18 year old daughter and her best friend. Needless to say I won't be booking through Priceline again. By the way...after speaking to the management at Priceline, I was told that they consider a 3 star to be one with a tv with a remote control and handicapped accessible, so buyer beware!!! Do not use them...

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the smell
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank beachgrl61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2007

If your looking for a quick stay then it's good. Wouldnt go for extended stay/family trip.

The rooms are small but clean. The staff were nice and helpful.
One thing that upset me was the pool. It's an outdoor pool and it wasnt heated. it was freezing and we couldnt really use it. That was a big part of my stay and it was a bummer.

It's a good location with lots of shopping and restaraunts within 5-10 minute drive. The gym room is very basic.

If you can spend the extra money check out the Sheratin Parsippany.... it's a lot nicer and spacious. Especially if you have kids!
Enjoy

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
new jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2007

If you want road noise from 3 of NJ's busiest highways then this motor inn is for you! No way this is 3 stars - fine basic national chain room with slightly better than ramada furniture.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank morris_tataki

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Longwood, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2006

Had to stay here while on business in the area for one night this past week. Check-in was quick and the staff at the desk was informative and helpful. I needed to get a car service for the next day and they offered several options that helped me the next day.

The room was okay. Small refrigerator and microwave in the room but no cutlery or other utensils. Internet access was free and worked fine so that was very good. Room was clean but bed was very hard and difficult to get comfortable in. This place needs an update. The restaurant next door was deli. Food was okay for price.

Free breakfast was terrible. Very little choice.

Would not stay here again unless I had to.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Longwood Traveler
ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2006

This hotel is not as nice as in photos. Very overpriced for the value. Other hotels in the area are much nicer for the same rate (Fairfield Inn).

Rooms were on the small side with plain,cheap decor. Bathroom was poorly lit. Work was being done on the room next door so I had to listen to banging and loud talking all day & night. The hallways was also noisey from the cleaning ladies.

My view was of a cement wall, not the pool like their ad claims. Check in is at 2 and they are strict about their policy. No exceptions if you arrive early.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2004

I booked two rooms here for my guests coming in from Florida and I was very satisfied. I got a 109.00 rate for two beds. The rooms were very spacious, clean and well situated. I would tell anyone who comes to this area that this place is great. The staff was nice, the front desk staff was grand. If you go there as for a bus schedule, there is a bus that takes you into NY which made things easier for my guests. A young gentleman at the desk which I can not recall the name, he was the manager of the desk, he was to the point with everything he did for us. Ask for that handsome young man, he gets the job done and made it so veyr easy for me and my husband to have our guests takin care of. Wish all staff was like him. Overall, this hotel is truly great and I recomend it to anyone coming in.

Very Happy,
Judy K.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2003

Seems to be a relatively new hotel, and I have no complaints. Rooms were nicely furnished and clean, and equipped with high-speed internet ports for computers (bring along your network card & cable). Also a computer to use for internet available near the front lobby in the 'business center', and a decent exercise room. There is a good continental breakfast but it is hidden up on the 4th floor for Priority Club members only. If you are not a member, they won't tell you about it (if you're staying at Holiday Inns you should sign up anyway, it's free and you can accumulate points to redeem for products and gift cards, etc.) I would have no problem staying here again..a good choice.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member