Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$165
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$129
Hampton Inn Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$149
$150
$125
$118
Hotels.com
Red Roof Inn Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$65
Red Roof
Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$119
$95
Courtyard by Marriott Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
$139
Courtyard
All reviewsroom was cleanfrench toastnice jobrestaurant staffample free parkingfriendly front desk staffcheck in was easynice hotelpleasant stayconvenient locationwould stay here againminute drivethe breakfast areaeasy accessbagelsoutdoor poolryan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I am a hotel snob to some degree. Stayed here and was quite surprised! No hair in the bathtub or sink, no gross stains in the bathtubs, clean and comfortable rooms - very updated; no grandma furniture; nice LCD TV, near IHOP and Dunkin Donuts - ;))
You will not believe the gross-ness at the other BIG name hotels in the area I have stayed in the last few months for 30% more money. This is definitely a find if youre having to stay in this area. You can be in Manhattan in 45 min from here. Down side --> no free internet.

Room Tip: highest floor please.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2011

This holiday in its newly renovated, very clean and the staff its really cool. I stay there for a business trip and I used the free shuttle service to go to work and move around to the mall. Close to new york and there's a bus that passes by in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We were here for a 10th year wedding anniversary banquet for one night. Venue was pretty, the wait staff were very pleasant.. However the front checkin receptionist should be at least retrained or fired if it turns out my money was stolen.
This hotel required either a $25 credit card deposit or $50 cash deposit. I didn't have a credit card so I left the required $50 cash dollar incidental deposit with the checkin-receptionist. She did not give a receipt (which I didn't ask for because most hotels give the receipt when checking out in case they have to add incidental charges. When I checked out the next morning (same receptionist) she had me sign-off that I recieved the my deposit (no amount indicated on the sign off) and only THEN did she give me my money back - less $25!! When I asked her why I only got half deposit back she said I didn't give her the required $50 when I checked in - which I did because I had a witness with me who gave me some of the money to give as deposit. She told me that without the reciept (which she did not give me to begin with) she couldn't help. This doesn't make sense, because this would mean two things:
1: she didn't collect the right amount for cash deposit.
2: She gave me back the incorrect amount or stole it which is pretty much what happened.
She was checking in another couple at he same time who also paid a cash depost of $50, so I cannot image she collected two different amounts from two differnt parties.

I probably won't see my $25.00!
Do these hotels not count their deposit draw to as most businesses do to make sure what the collected or returned matches up. My other question is why didn't she bother to see what she had recorded that she collected $50. The hotel should have had something in their records that cash was collected and returned. She didn't even attempt to investigate why my money was missing. Just gave me a blank look and said sorry..This is plain thievery and I hope that someone from their cororate office investigates this, who knows how many other the woman has stolen from.

However this incident has ensured I will never use a choice brand again, unless I get my full deposit back and this is fully investigate. At this point the money isn't the issue - the principle of how this desk clerk "worked me"....... I will also be sure to post this account on every travel review site I use.
I work in the hotel franchsise business and know that in a time where retention is key, this was no way for a guest to be treated. I was so upset by this incident that I walked out without taking the name of the woman that checked us in and out. Hotel records should at least show who was working and what she collected from me.
I have sent my compliant to the corporate office to look into, I only hope they are conciencous enough to look into this and make good with me.
Sadly it is because of this incident and how it was handled so far, that my review is not going to get top dollars. I have also asked for my point membership to be cancelled as I probably won't use another choice brand hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I booked a three night stay for my daughter and I for her 18th birthday. The room was very clean and well maintained. The renovations looks fantastic! We tried the restaurant next door and found Tim to be very friendly and the food was good.
The best thing about this hotel was Tanya at the front desk. By far she is the friendliest and most helpful front desk agent I have ever encountered. My daughter and I were looking to go into NYC for the day and she took the time to show us the bus schedule and where to find the best shopping!
We will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I've been to this hotel before in 2005 and 2007. I just came for a car event in august and the hotel was renovated and looks really nice. The rooms are clean, more modern then before. The staff of the hotel is very helpful! Air conditionning in the rooms was working perfectly, the bathroom is perfect.

We also enjoyed swimming in the pool at the holiday inn. The pool was really big and clean and lots of chairs to sit and relax.

Only negative is they don't offer continental breakfast on weekends.

Otherwise, it's a nice place and I would definately come back !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends