“receptin staff was obnoxipus”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Parsippany, United States
“receptin staff was obnoxipus”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

she is not kind,they have to treat even such our customers(with kids) since they're the most important for a service business. We couldn't swimming pool,they have a rules for the pool.My children couldn't pool...it was really disapointed. Embassy suites providing services for family members ,but this hotel is different from others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Ken Y
Derrick D, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Good Afternoon Mr. Ken Y,

My name is Derrick, Front Office Manager at the Embassy Suites and I have received the comments you have submitted to Trip Advisor. I want to first thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Parsippany, your dedication to Hilton is much appreciated. It sounds like you had difficulty getting the customer service you are accustomed to for Embassy Suites and I apologize for the lapse in service. We do appreciate any feedback from our guest whether positive or negative. We get the best of both worlds by this feedback in order to make necessary updates and changes as needed to ensure our guest have a pleasant stay. If there is ever an opportunity that we would have to change your mind about our property, we'd love the opportunity for your next visit to Parsippany. My hope is we will be your hotel of choice on your next trip to Parsippany. I have no renovation schedules to announce as of yet, but I can assure you, the service culture at our hotel certainly is being updated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is showing its age and needs renovating, I didn't have a car so I was stuck eating the restaurant food, although the food was good, the menu is limited and pricey. I kept getting kicked off the internet when accessing it from my iPad, it was very annoying.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My sons wedding was nearby and 50+ rooms were occupied by our wedding guests. All had complaints. It was very upsetting that after choosing an Embassy Suits because of the quality of service we have come to expect we were so very disappointed. The hotel itself was quite beautiful and would have been the perfect setting however, we learned very quickly that was as far as it went. Apparently a large group occupies this hotel each weekend for religious purposes. The problem is, they were rude, loud, up & wondering the atrium all night long. Children unsupervised running and playing in the atrium at 3 & 4 in the morning. Knocking & peering in on suite windows. Could not use the pool or gym as it was over run by unsupervised young children. They were taking food from the morning buffet and placing it in bags I assume take home or back to there rooms. But the biggest problem was that management was clearly not willing or able to control this situation. I worked for Marriott for several years and was appalled by how the immature staff and management handled several guest issues involving our party. I will forward a detailed letter to the corporate offices about this experience.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel for weekend stays.
6 Thank Deborah C
Tampa, FL
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to be closer to some weekend extended family events that were going on. Our stay was fantastic. Check-in was quick and painless, the room was spotless and the facilities were great. The included breakfast and evening reception were also great add-ons. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area for business or pleasure.

1 Thank jgruchacz
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at this location and we were joined successfully by family members we had recommended it to. Even after a hurricane it was as beautiful and clean and comfortable as the first visit. The staff was professional and on top of all of our needs and demands. The location off Rt46 and I-287 is great.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vienna, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is clean and very nice. Not sure if there are better options in the area. My only problem is that they are in the dark ages of over priced internet access and for this reason I would not come back.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here this week for a business trip. The staff was professional and the location is in close proximity to a my office. The rooms/hotel is outdated and is in need of upgraded ASAP. I'm also pretty sure that someone smoked in my non-smoking room - more than once. The room smelled of smoke and triggered my allergies. The toilet was so old it had permanent scratches in the bowl -weird. It's fine for 1-2 nights. If you are staying longer, go somewhere else. The average rating is generous b/c the staff is good.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business