“Strongly consider; a value”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying 3 nights at this hotel over Xmas. For the price of a regular hotel room, one gets a suite, free full breakfast buffet/omelet, nightly cocktail, free parking and free high speed internet ( not sure if this is offered all the time). When I had a issue with my tub draining, it was fixed quickly and I received a gift bag and handwritten note from the front desk...and a voice message follow-up. It was refreshing to see a few well-behaved pets (dogs) being walked through the facility. I can't speak for the business traveler but as a leisure or weekend traveler this Embassy Suites Hotel is worth your consideration.

Room Tip: Even thought I was close to elevator (207) I didn't hear any distracting noises. The bedrooms ar...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear mdecipher,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate it! We are happy to hear your enjoyed the amenities of our hotel, especially our holiday promotion of complimentary internet.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank You!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed xmas eve. Very clean and nice. Did not think it was "outdated" at all as a few others have said. The lobby is beautiful with fountains and many hidden banquet rooms. Restaurant was beautiful and romantic looking, although closed on xmas. Breakfast was NOT as varied or good as the Embassy Suites I have stayed in previously but Embassy's buffet is always better than the other chains. I do think overall the breakfast buffets at all hotels have gotten worse and worse through the years. Room was very very clean. Bed was ok, not as comfortable as some of the other Hiltons or the Sheraton. I normally will not stay at Embassy because they only have double beds, no queens. There is enough room for queens and it is time they upgrade. Business center had 2 very quick updated computers. There is a charge for connecting in your room. Parking is free. The woman running the gift shop ran in from her car and reopened the shop for me when she saw me at the door! Great service!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Prodance,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with. Our guest service is our number one prioirity and it is great to have guests recongnize our staff for their hard work.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

needed to spend just one night on my way to Ct for the holidays. It was between the Hyatt at $89 or the Embassy at $109.00. Both had breakfast in the AM, but the Embassy has their manager's wine reception and a inside pool. We decided on the Embassy. It was my first time at an Embassy in a few years. Although the hotel was in good condition and clear, it seems tuck in the 1980's. The room as a bit noisy just outside the elevator bank. For the most part the room as okay, a bit dark and dated. The breakfast was typical for an Embassy, made to order eggs etc. Would I go back? May be...I need to be in NJ again on New Years Eve, but I've booked myself at the Hyatt. More to come on that stay next week!

Room Tip: try to get one away from the elevators
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daninchatham

Dear Daninchatham,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We would like to let you know that we will be completing a few updates that will be replacing the furnishings in all of our rooms. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding that was nearby. Loved the room...very big. The pool & fitness center were nice. The breakfast was the best part. I have never seen so many choices. Plus a seperate omelet-making station. Staff was nice & helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear OREO-7,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. Hearing positive feedback from our guests makes it all worth it to our staff. Thank You for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very goog Hotel, the rooms are big and spacios, you even have two flat screens, a coach, kitchenette, desk, bed, etc. The Hotel is big and has a nice covered atrium. I had very good relaxed nights. Internet was OK, although I was expecting faster speeds, I got a decent 2Mbps. The food is very good, I had room service and also went dining at the Bystekka, very good. Service was very nice. I only noted that it may require som furniture and wallpapper upgrade in a couple years. Everything was clean but just felt its getting vintage.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that have view to parking lot.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank asorpresas
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear asorpresas,

Thank you for writing a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and services during your stay! We will be completing some upgrades to the hotel throughout next year to address some of the condition problems yoo have mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were a family with two smaller kids staying overnight to break up a trip over Thanksgiving weekend. I have used other Embassy Suites in the past with school groups and family so I had a good idea what to expect, and Embassy Suites - Parsippany did not disappoint. The indoor pool is always a hit with the kids, and the breakfast saves money and time (despite the issues others have noted).

A few minor negatives -- The king size bed is big and comfortable, and both of my kids ended up sleeping there with us. If your kids are older, or everyone in one bed is not an option for some other reason, the only other option is the sofa bed in the living room. That's OK for TV watching, but considerably less comfortable for sleeping. Also, the kitchen facilities are less useful than at some other suite hotels. Our room had the usual bar-size fridge, microwave, small bar sink, and a single-cup coffee maker -- no plates, utensils, dish washing facilities, or ability to make multiple cups of coffee. Also, a trim panel in the kitchen fell off when touched -- a little disconcerting when you can take the room apart by accident. My kids loved the microwave popcorn included at no extra charge at the Homewood Suites down the road in Princeton, but here the only "extra" was a bottle of water you could open for $5.

Others have noted that there are often larger groups staying there, and that they can be noisy and make the pool or breakfast room crowded. This is true, but I consider it just part of the experience when staying at Embassy Suites. It's not the best choice if you're looking for a romantic getaway or complete privacy. I've stayed at nearly empty hotels too, and they can be pretty creepy.

Room Tip: You need a card to access the two upper floors, which may be quieter as a result.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear nj2va,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that your entire family enjoyed theit stay with us. We know traveling with the family can be stressfull and our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible. Also, we would like to announce that next year we will completely some renovations throughout the hotel that will correct some of the condition problems you experienced.

Again, Thank You for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here overnight recently on business. I arrived late and left in the morning so I didn't experience much of the hotel.

The people at the front desk were nice and my preferred Diamond status snacks were waiting for me in the room.

The property appears older and the decor in the room was dated but everything worked so I have no complaints.

Easy free parking and close to shops and restaurants, although not walking distance, but within a mile or two.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cabjohnson
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear cabjohnson,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review, We will be completing a few updates to the hotel throughout next year and we would like to invite you back in the future so you can see these new updates. Our maintenance and housekeeping departments work very hard to make sure the functionality of our rooms surpass expectations and I know that they will be happy to hear that they accomplished this with you.

We look forward to seeing you again! Safe Travels!