“Worn but functional”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Pasadena, California
“Worn but functional”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here overnight recently on business. I arrived late and left in the morning so I didn't experience much of the hotel.

The people at the front desk were nice and my preferred Diamond status snacks were waiting for me in the room.

The property appears older and the decor in the room was dated but everything worked so I have no complaints.

Easy free parking and close to shops and restaurants, although not walking distance, but within a mile or two.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cabjohnson
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear cabjohnson,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review, We will be completing a few updates to the hotel throughout next year and we would like to invite you back in the future so you can see these new updates. Our maintenance and housekeeping departments work very hard to make sure the functionality of our rooms surpass expectations and I know that they will be happy to hear that they accomplished this with you.

We look forward to seeing you again! Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
Riverdale, New York
Reviewed November 24, 2012

After a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at our relatives home, we decided to check ourselves in to the Embassy Suites Hotel. We had a very enjoyable experience at this hotel. There was a 15 -20 min. wait for your cooked to order omelets; and you had to wait on line breakfast buffet. However, considering how many people were staying during the holiday season it was a great breakfast. The rooms are all suites; and are very comfortable for a family. I certainly recommend going to this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel has a fitness room that has several treadmills. You can not use your headphones; however...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Sharon1298,

Thank you for writing a reveiw and providing feedback about your stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you recomment our hotel to other fellow travelers.

Thank You and Safe Travels!
Pasadena, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Yes, we have stayed here several times over the years. This Thanksgiving weekend we witnessed in the breakfast area women filling shopping bags full of fruit and bread to take away. Much waste of food by families, kids running around. Management needs to get ahold of this stealing of food. It makes everyone's prices go up.

Dear B M,

We do appreciate you taking the time to complete a reveiw and we do apologize that actions from another guest have hindered your experience with us. At Embassy Suites, our complimentary breakfast is a brand staple and will always be available to our guests without a fee. We would like to invite you back so you can have the true experience that we strive for.

Thank You!
N Tonawanda
Reviewed November 21, 2012

If you are willing to pay a little more, it’s hard to beat the Embassy Suites. We like the two room lay-out, since I am an early riser and can access the bathroom and living room without disturbing my wife. The entire hotel complex is very clean and modern looking. The staff was pleasant, and the complimentary breakfast was very good with a “make to order” omelet and egg station.
This is a pretty big property, but we never felt lost or overcrowded. Two sets of elevators provide easy access to all rooms. There is a restaurant on site, although we did not get a chance to patronize it. We also did not avail ourselves of the free “Manager’s reception” held every evening, but I guess it’s a nice perk if you are traveling alone.
Although rooms are priced quite a bit higher than the nearby Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn , we were very pleased with our stay, and will probably return soon.

Room Tip: Side facing Parsippany Boulevard, away from the interstate.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jpmcblue,

Thank You for taking the time to write a reveiw. Feedback from our guests is very important to us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we are your number #1 choice when you travel to the Parsippany area.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have spent probably 75 nights in this hotel over the past year and 1/2 due to work in the area. When we first started staying, the rooms were clean and service impeccable. My last visit could not have been anything further from that. My room was filthy, the bed uncomfortable, the grossest pillows ever, and the thermostat broken. The couch was ripped, there were blood stains on the shower curtain, and the door knobs were coming off the doors.

This hotel has the potential, and has been, so much better. The service at the front desk is still very attentive, but the restaurant is a different story. Mediocre, overpriced food... And SLOW service. It took 5 of us over THREE hours to eat dinner, and there was no one else in the place. The previously delicious breakfast has also gone downhill as well.

The two things that have improved since I started staying are the wifi (which I get free as a Hilton Diamond) and the tv channel selection.

I only have a few scheduled visits coming up to the area, and will be looking to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Request a room at the front of the hotel. The ones along the back face the highway and can be quite...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear heatherinPhilly,

I want to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us. The presentation of our guest rooms is very important to us and I would like to let you know we will be completely a few updates to the public areas and the guest rooms throughout next year. Your comments regarding the service in the restaurant have been forwarded to the Director of Food and Beverag and I am sure he will address the situation.

We do hope you will decide to stay with us again in the future so you can see the improvements that will be made to the hotel.

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed her during Hurricane Sandy and would be willing to overlook quite a bit due to the state of emergency. However, rudeness and lack of a clean room are not excusable. The "hostess" in the restaurant is so unfriendly and she also is rude. Just getting a $15.00 dollar cheeseburger with greasy,soggy fries took 45 minutes in a nearly empty restaurant! Getting a $3.50 coffee (that they WON'T refill!!) took 20 minutes more! When I went to the front desk to complain the MANAGER told me that this was a business and not a shelter! You heard that correctly... I couldn't believe my ears. The food was extremely limited due to storm aftermath, but the prices were astronomical! If you are providing subpar product don't charge luxury resort prices. People were complaining left and right with good reason. The room was cleaned one time during a week long stay. No clean towels, no maid service! But we were charged full rate!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear livinlife11,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services that is typical of our hotel under normal circumstances. The experience you had is not typical of our hotel and staff.
The storm was a very trying time for all involved and the most important thing was the safety of our guests and team members. Communications were delivered to all in-house guests at the time of the storm announcing our limited means of operation, I apoliogize if you were not made aware of this communication.

Thank You for the feedback and we wish you safe travels!
NYC, NY
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here during Hurricane Sandy when the first hotel we were staying at was sold out. We found a room here that we shared with my parents for 5 nights. Since these are suites my husband and I got the pull-out bed. NOT so great. I can pretty much sleep on anything and this mattress pretty much broke my back! The cleaning service wasn't so great either but the breakfast was great and large. Get there early if you want a bagel though. They don't replenish them :-) The staff was VERY nice in the restaurant and front desk area. I would stay here again if I needed to. I would sleep on the regular bed though, not the pull out! Oh I forgot 2 things they also give you drink tickets to enjoy a happy hour where they serve some light food which was nice. Lastly, they have a laundry room on the 3rd floor which was great since my home had no power for 9 days.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear TravelJLF,

Thank you for writing a review on your experience while staying with us. Hurricane Sandy was definetly a trying time for all involved and we appreciate your understanding for the some of the few flaws during your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back to stay with us under normal circumstance so you can experience the true hospitality our team is able to provide.