“Great value”

Hampton Inn Parsippany
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This htel is inter connected to the Hilton so using the indoor pool means you have a long walk (indoors) and through the lobby of the Hilton next door. As with all Hampton Inn's thefree breakfast leaves a lot to be desred mainly with the hotfood. Cold foods are fine and plentiful. Eggs aways taste as if they come from a powder mix and I just cant get into "Turkey sausage" other than that this hotel has a great staff and is a great value

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Hi Raymond P - Thank you for your review of your stay with us, we really appreciate the feedback. I am very pleased to know that our cleanliness and our service has really provided an overall excellent experience for you! I do apologize that breakfast did not fair as well. As you noted, all Hampton Inn's purchase from an approved product list so in most Hampton's you will see the same products. I do have some exciting news though about our eggs - our brand has just begun launching a new scrambled egg replacement! The brand has heard what you and so many others have said, they went back to the drawing board and you should begin seeing this new scrambled egg soon. We are scheduled to begin receiving our shipments towards the end of December. Thank you again for your feedback and compliments on our team - it is always appreciated!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a week from October 30th thru November 6th to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. Everyone from the check in staff to the maid service representatives were nothing but helpful and attentive. Our room was clean and our beds were fresh. They even let us decorate our room door in celebration of the event. A total of 100 out of 100 percent as far as we are concerned. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Shaifunk - Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about us! It was a pleasure having you back this year for your Anniversary. I'm so glad Mrs. Shaifunk was surprised with all your planning and the door decorating - it really looked great! So how do you top that for the next occasion? We would welcome the opportunity to see how you do it... Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I chose this hotel for its location near an early morning meeting. The park like setting creates a calming effect on a weary traveler. Our stay began with an enthusiastic greeting at the front desk when we checked in. The staff demonstrated a clear understanding that people have choices where they stay and they wanted us to know they were glad to have us staying with them. This property handles a lot of business travelers during the week, evidenced by how early the parking lot emptied each morning. There is a large business center located just off the lobby. The lobby is inviting and warm with a fireplace and plenty of seating. As for our room, it was very clean, well serviced, and though the comforter had some lumps spaced evenly at tact points in the comforter, this was the result of being cleaned frequently. I personally would rather have a clean comforter with some imperfections, than one that looks great but has never been cleaned. I had one of the best night's sleep in a long time on this bed. If I could have I would have taken the bed home. Breakfast included fresh fruit, oatmeal, omelets, pastries, sausages, waffles, and a varied juices and coffee. I had the opportunity to speak with the manager during his visit to check on guests at breakfast, and he has a real commitment to making this hotel better at every opportunity.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Iambigred - it was a pleasure meeting you and Mrs. bigred at breakfast! I hope everyone had fun at the wedding... Thank you for the great review about your stay with us. I'm glad we were able to provide you with a "Great Night's Sleep" and I appreciate you leaving the bed for the next guest to experience the same feeling. Please swing back in the next time you're up in the area visiting!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Iv'e been to many Hampton Inns before and I have to say this is one of the best ones I've stayed at! Very helpful and knowledgeable staff along with a clean, quiet, and comfortable room. Property is great since it is attached to a Hilton which has a pool and fitness center. I would definitely stay here again !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Maria M - Thank you for the great feedback and review! I'm glad our team lived up to your expectations from the Hampton Brand. It is always exciting to learn from frequent Hampton travelers where we compare on service and cleanliness - so it's great to be ranked so highly! Come back again soon when traveling through NJ

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have to say this is probably one of the best hotels I've stayed at anywhere! I travel a lot for business to the NJ area and found this Hampton by accident. I read the reviews and for the most part they are right on the money. Everyone I met was friendly and knowledgable. The room was spotless although the age of the property was starting to show. Those reviewers who don't know the difference between dirty and aged obviously don't travel much at all. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms are spacious. Did the bed look lumpy, yes, but everything was clean which is the most important part to any traveler. I would have preferred a refrigerator in my room, but when I asked the question to the girl at the front desk- I was told only certain rooms have them, but she could put one in for me if I would like. No biggie as I was only there for a couple of nights, but they are very accommodating. Breakfast was crowded but what would you expect with free breakfast. The young lady had everything wired in there. She was talking to guests, cleaning tables, and cooking all with a smile but I didn't catch her name. The Hilton next door is where the fitness center is and they had all the latest equipment. Made working out on the road easy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The service was great and I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask to face the parking lot and not the Hilton. Hilton music tends to be a little loud.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jonathan M - Thank you very much for your kind words and recommendations to others. I'm so glad you found us by accident and fell in love with us! I appreciate all the feedback as it does highlight all of the elements of our hotel and especially the team. Look forward to having you back with us again soon...

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Dont stay here. The rooms are filthy. The tub paint is peeling off and they cannot seem to keep the hair out of the tub. All surfaces were dirty and or dusty. Bedding is aweful. The bed looks lumpy unmade and unclean even though they leave a post it note telling you otherwise

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Good Afternoon Tammy V - I would like to apologize for any cleanliness issue you encountered with our hotel! We take cleanliness very seriously and are certainly disappointed if he fell short of expectations. I checked our guest service records, and as the survey you submitted confirmed, you did not notify us of anything wrong during your 3 nights with us. Had we been made aware of your concerns, our team would have been more than happy to address and resolve them for you! I do apologize we didn't have the opportunity to do that.
As for our bathroom tubs, unfortunately as our building aged, so did some of our bathroom tubs. We have had a restoration company come in and begin refinishing them, so I apologize too if your room wasn't yet completed. It is nice to see that our Front Desk & Breakfast team was able to provide you with excellent service while you were here! Thank you again for your time and feedback...

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My room was clean, and the breakfast was good. I arrived on Sunday and the Hotel staff shuttled me to a great local restaurant and picked me up after dinner. Great service and a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael D, Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Hi Deborah ~ Thank you so much for the great review! I very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our team took such great care of you! Please give us a call the next time you're in the area... it would be great to have you stay with us! Safe Travels