“Great Hotel for the $$$”

Hampton Inn Parsippany
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Clean - updated - excellent breakfast - great value!
Stayed here while my sister was in the hospital. Good location - quiet. The accommodations were very nice. Excellent breakfast and friendly and helpful staff in this area! Free WIFI is always a plus. I was a little skeptical as I had read reviews that weren't terribly favorable - however, my experience was nothing but positive. Would stay here again when out in this area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor - quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Jane - First of all, I hope your sister is doing well... Thank you for extending yourself and being honest about your doubts regarding our hotel. Reviews much like Service are subjective to who is writing them or what the expectation is. I know our team provides excellent service in a clean, comfortable and friendly atmosphere. I am so happy you were able to experience our hotel and feel the same way we do about it! Thank you so much for letting others know about our 5 Star service!!! See you again next trip... (and hopefully for a relaxing, non-hospital visit)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I once stayed exclusively in this hotel when in the area, however in the last 6 months it has gone down hill quickly. The staff here seems to no longer care there clearly has been a change in morale, I spoke to the manager about the problems we had and he was insincere in his apology. We experience the most unpleasant trip to a Hilton property and will not return, in fact we may avoid Hilton at all costs.

It began with a poorly cleaned room, it did not feel clean when we arrived and we found somone elses hair in the bed and on the floor of the bathroom. The carpet was sticky and the entire night was ruined, the complementary breakfast was sparse and the staff did very little to accomodate guests and keep the dining area clean.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear J.K. - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. As I deal personally with most of my guest's, I do not recall your specific concerns ever being discussed. If you would like to contact me directly to better understand, please feel free to do so. My e-mail is michael.deutsch@hilton.com. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nice accomodations, good breakfast,(scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgian Waffles and many other assorted items),and it was nice to have free WiFi in the room! Also close proximity to the Parsippany Hilton was a bonus!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Stratojack - Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are always appreciative of such compliments! I glad all of our Hilton amenities were a bonus and everything overall met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area! Until then - safe travels...

Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you're on a business trip in the general area, then this is a good bet for a hotel. It's right off 287 and is an easy drive to some of the larger corporate campuses, especially if you'll be going to a Verizon office. The hotel is typical of a Hilton-owned hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice facilities (gym, pool). No restaurant inside the hotel (there is room service), but it's connected to a Hilton which houses a Ruth's Chris. I also found restaurants in the area that do deliver for no charge to the hotel. There are some retail shops within a mile. I saw everything from a grocery store to a Barnes and Noble. i.e. really everything you need is close while not being in the middle of a highly-concentrated retail area. I am going back and will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Good Evening CMarret! Thank you for taking the time to write and comment on your experience with us. I so happy you found our facility and team to be top notch! I'm also glad you were able to find us easily off of the highways as sometimes folks miss us being tucked in behind the Hilton. Sounds as if either you found your own way around or our shuttles were able to take you to all your sites... Thanks again for the review and please stop by and introduce yourself next trip!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Room was very clean and spacious. Front desk staff were very helpful.

Breakfast was a notch above typical mid-range hotel food. Several options, including eggs, as well as fresh pastries and donuts. You could also make yourself a Beligan waffles, which is great. They also had a variety of gourmet coffees available.

Fruit is available throughout the day.

The hotel is also connected to the Hilton. Which mean you can access their restaurants etc.

A major bonus is that you can use the Hilton facilities while staying at the Hampton Inn. There is a small gym and even an indoor pool, as well as a hot tub.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Good Evening move360 - Thank you for taking the time and writing such a positive review about your experience with us! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team so they may see the impact they have on our guests. We look forward to having you visit with us next time you're in the area! Until then - safe travels...

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights when our son got married December 15. We booked 2 connecting rooms. With all the hubbub the night of the rehearsal we didn't realize til the first morning that one of the rooms did not have a shower curtain. Fortunately we had allowed extra time and we all used the shower in the one room. While we were away the day of the wedding they did some repairs to a room down the hall and the odor was very strong as soon as we stepped off the elevator and got stronger as we approached our room. The odor didn't reach into our room. My husband and one son used the pool which was in the Hilton. He described the pool as small and said that the hot tub was only warm. Breakfasts were the typical Hampton Inn fair. No complaints there. Some of us gathered in the breakfast area after the wedding reception. It was a nice place to just sit together and talk and some of our group played a fairly robust card game. The Hampton is attached to the back of the Hilton. When you enter the parking lot you think you have made a wrong turn. Go to the right of the Hilton to the back and you will see the Hampton.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Gardener19464 - Congratulations on your son's wedding! Thank you for choosing to share your special occasion with us. My apologies about the missing shower curtain upon your check in. As you noted an odor when arriving to your floor - it was due to our bathtub refinishing project. It appears we neglected to hang the new curtain once your tub was completed. I'm glad to know this didn't cause any challenges for the wedding. Thank you for the postive comments and ratings! We look forward to having you the next time you come to the area! Happy New Year and Safe Travels!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I found this hotel to be just OK. The TV in the room did not get many channels (no ESPN), and those that did come in were not too clear. I also did not find the front desk staff to helpful. I asked for a recommendation for dinner and I was told Ruth Chris in the attached Hilton. While that is a great place, I asked if there was anything else around. She just gave me a list. A little more personalized attention would have be better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Barmach - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. My apologies for the impression left by our Front Desk team. We will usually recommend our sister facility next door as an option as I'm sure you will understand, However, we are always willing to recommend based upon what our guest is in the mood for. We have a number of excellent choices in our area, so my apologies for our team not communicating that properly. As for our ESPN content, if you wouldn't mind contacting me directly to advise what room you were in to see if there is a problem with reception I would like to check it out. We have over 25 channels and ESPN carries 5 of them and 2 in HD. Thank you again for your comments, we hope to see you again while in the area!