“Fine”

Hampton Inn Parsippany
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My company stays at this Hampton Inn all the time due to its close proximity to our corporate offices. When I initially tried to book with my group, I wasn't able to make a reservation due to their block-out dates (high volume so they won't book you for fewer than 4 nights - I was the only member of my group that needed only 3 nights). This was a huge inconvenience, but then the block-out was apparently dropped a week later so I was able to make my reservation. What a pain to have to jump through hoops just to try and stay with my group.
The hotel is so-so compared to other Hampton Inn locations. You do get the benefit of the Hilton amenities here - larger fitness area, bar/restaurants. However, the room itself looks like it could use a reno. The rooms are a bit dark, the bathroom ceiling is peeling, and it feels a little dated. However, I did find them to be spacious and very clean.
Breakfast is great, although the last morning they were out of yogurt and the blueberries they always carry - too bad they couldn't have just restocked from the nearby grocery store.

1  Thank Megan T
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Good Afternoon Megan T - Thank you for taking the time to review us and for our comfort and cleanliness rankings! As you stated, we are a high volume hotel and our inventory is constantly changing. I apologize you had a difficult time trying to get in for your JH training. If that happens again in the future, please give us a call to see how we may help resolve it for you. Certainly don't wish for anyone to feel they've needed to "jump through hoops" to stay with us. I'm very happy that our shared facilities, guest room space, breakfast experience, and cleanliness were all positive take aways! We look forward to having you back with us the next time you're in for training. Please introduce yourself the next time you're in! Until then, safe travels...

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Parsippany

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was on a bus trip with my church and this hotel easily took care of nearly 100 of us! We stayed on two non-consecutive nights, going to and returning from Cape Cod. On both visits, the check-in process was easy and quick.

I was very pleased to see that ALL the bedding is washed EVERY DAY, including the Duvet covers! No bed bugs here!

We really enjoyed the coffee pot in the lobby at various times of the day, and the breakfast was tasty!

Room Tip: There really isn't a "room with a view", but who cares? I was there to r-e-s-t!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon Tandor - Thank you for such great comments and ratings! I remember your group, especially after you were all caught in the rain the 2nd time in. I'm glad we were able to get everyone in so quickly so they could get out of their wet clothes! I happy our sticky note program is spreading the message on our cleaning services and that you can see the difference. As for a room with a view...I can't help fix that in the future - but I am able to continue providing you with a clean, restful evening! Thanks again for your review, and we look forward to having you back on your pass through to Cape Cod again.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here two nights in the span of a week. Each time, room was immaculately clean (I'm so freaked out about potential 6-legged nocturnal visitors that I tear things apart to check mattresses and boxes) and blissfully quiet. Breakfast is nicely done. Front desk staff polite. Only complaint is that we did not like the post check-in phone call up to our room to ask how things were because we were exhausted and trying to get to sleep when the shrill room phone rang. I know they're trying to provide good service, but after checking in bleary-eyed on a Sunday night each time, we just wanted to crash in peace. Trust me, if there's a problem, I'll let you know. Fortunately, there was not.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mercurius_1 - thank you for taking the time to review us so highly! Believe me, we too are "freaked out" when it comes to the thought of someone bringing in those nocturnal visitors. We are very proud of our housekeeping team and the job they do for us. I do apologize our courtesy call disturbed you. In ensuring our high level of service, we may need to look at the timing of our calls in order not to disturb in the future - thank you for letting me know. Again, we are very appreciative of your comments and reflected scores - I will share this with the team! We always will take "immaculately clean" and "quiet" any day! Please see us again when in the area.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Nice hotel. Indoor pool and hoot tub. Breakfast was included with some proteins and cooked oatmeal with nuts and fruit to add to it. I enjoyed a great cheeseburger in the restaurant and the restaurant manager was out greeting customers and engaging in friendly conversation. I only rated average because I did have a couple of issues come up with my room. When I brought it to the attention of the management they were very nice and did fix one of the issues but I did end up checking out after only 4 days of an expected 11 day stay because of the other.

4  Thank Osborn007
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Osborn007 - Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to know that you felt our team was friendly, engaging, and helpful. I am sorry you felt the need to change your plans while with us and I hope the rest of your travels to NJ were pleasant. As I stated when we spoke, should I be of further assistance while traveling to the Morris County area, please let me know and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn - Parsippany in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Easy check in, clean, organized, big parking lot near several corporate campuses in Parsippany. My only complaint was there seemed to be a shortage of hot water in the morning, but I still made do. Interesting note on the headboard reminding me that the bed linens were indeed clean.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TexKeystone
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Good Evening - Thank you for writing a review about your one night business trip. I am very happy to know everything was comfortable for you and clean! (our sticky note program has drawn a lot of attention) I do apologize about the delay in hot water during your stay. We did have a pump fail one morning, but had it resolved within 30 minutes. I'm guessing you were caught in the middle of the repair time. Again, my apologies... Thank you for your great feedback and we look forward to your next business trip!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed in September while in town for business. Room was clean and the public areas of the hotel were as well. Like others have mentioned, the hotel is attached to the Hilton where you can easily walk over and use the Hilton's amenities. Had drinks and appetizers in the lobby bar at the Hilton (It was just OK). The hotel is set in a nice business park, but there is not much near by within walking distance. Stephanie at the front desk helped offer a few suggestions for dinner options that delivered and she had a great friendly personality. Overall not a bad place to stay.

1  Thank Luv2TravelAbroad2
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I appreciate the comments. I am very happy Stephanie was able to leave that Hamptonality impression on you! We look forward to seeing you again when you're in town. Until then, safe travels...

Reviewed August 26, 2012

nice hotel; room was great even the hotel on the head board that linen is changed DAILY which I am glad to know but strange to see a note like that. Breakfast was excellant and many items to select from. Stay after from the outdoor courtyard too much smoking and cigs all over NO ash trays on the tables. OLVIE restaurant and bar a COMPLETE WASTE - for a Hilton they could do better, dinner menu limited so I guess they save money. We walked out and went to Ruth Chris's for a better selection - bartender treated us with respect and he was right they 100% with smile. Hey everyone must enjoy the nice little liquid refreshment in the Lobby of the Hampton - try both I did...............

Room Tip: Great place and close to everything!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Awonderfulday

Thank you for taking the time to review and rank us so highly regarding your recent trip. I'm sorry to hear our Olive Restaurant didn't live up to your expectations, however, pleased to know our friends at Ruth's Criss took such good care of you. Our new "sticky note" program has indeed turned some heads as they are placed directly on our headboards to let you know your sheets and duvet have been changed out. I'm glad that caught your eye... Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#3 of 16 in Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to Hampton Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!