“Fun Bday dinner”

Ranked #6 of 130 Restaurants in Parsippany
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

Wow what a night!! Went there for a friend's bday party and it was tons of fun. Ordered the mixed grill and it was delish! It's also a BYOB! DJ and belly dancer were off the hook! Planning another bday outing there soon!

2  Thank nonalipstick

Reviewed April 6, 2016

DONT GO THERE!
I gave the place one star for the décor. For all the rest it gets ZERO stars.
I went there for the first time last Saturday April 2nd, 2016 - it is going to be my last time.
The place was half empty and the atmosphere bleak. The waitress could not explain (in English) the difference between Package 1 ($32.95 pp.) and Package 2 ($39.95 pp.). Well, the 10 of us decided to go with the more expensive package which should have included some hot appetizers (again, we could not get a straight simple answer as to what to expect). The meal included 5 cold appetizers, 2 hot appetizers, one main entrée for every 2 people, desert and hot tea.
The food was terrible. Tasteless, no spices, and unappealing.
We started with the cold appetizers: On the buffet were Hummus, Baba Ganush, and 3 lettuce salads swimming in different unidentified dressings. Ah, and in a Moroccan restaurant we were served PITTED Olives (Have you ever seen pitted olives in an authentic Moroccan place?) What, they grow like this in the olive groves?
The hot appetizers included 2 plates with cigars cut on the diagonal in half to increase the appearance of the number of the cigars and 2 plates with skewered shrimps. The cigars were ok. The shrimps on the other hand were bland, no garlic, no lemon, no nothing but a frozen taste!
For the main course we ordered Grilled Moroccan Chicken, Atlas Couscous Tagine w/chicken, Shrimp Kebab plate (the waitress did not bother to explain that those are the same disgusting shrimps from the appetizers), Prime Sirloin beef (which turned out to be cheap hashed sort of beef) and Salmon Tagine.
The quantity was similar to the quality. Miserable meats/fish on rice or couscous. And guess what, the grilled shrimps were tasteless, the chicken on the couscous was probably cooked in plain water; I had to spit it out of my mouth. The grilled chicken was pieces of dried grilled chicken breast.
The deserts (Fruits cut into small piece, again to appear as if the quantity is large and the dry, stale old baklava) are not worth mentioning.
A complete disastrous evening!! No wonder the place was more than half empty.
To top it all, they charge the 7% NJ tax on the tip amount as well! I wonder if they report it to the tax authorities.
I hope you got the picture. You leave the place with a bad taste of being cheated out.
DONT GO THERE!

Reviewed January 31, 2016

We were delightfully surprised at how wonderful the food is. Many exotic flavors in perfectly cooked food. We were marvelling at how perfect the vegetables were. They were cooked not too soft and not to hard. The vegetables were perfect. The meats were also perfectly cooked. All the food so great. The atmosphere is very lux and Moroccan. The entertainment was a lot of fun. The belly dancer beautiful and gifted. A great place to linger and soak up the atmosphere and have fun with your fellow diners. Very friendly place. I look forward to my next visit. Reservations a must.

1  Thank Ernie N
Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile

First Moroccan good I ever had and it was delicious! Very pretty, very clean. Sat on couches with lowish tables. The lunch menu very reasonable, salad bar had salad, beets, amazing potato salad, black olives and yummy hummus. The steak kabob was good with yellow rice and veggies. Had a great lunch!

Reviewed January 13, 2016

This is a great Moroccan restaurant. The food was great - fresh ingredients and our server was very attentive and answered our many questions. The only reason I did not give it 4 stars is that I was hoping that we would dine Moroccan style - no cutlery - eat with pita or Naan bread from a single serving platter.