“Great indian restaurant, worth the drive”
Review of Chand Palace

Chand Palace
Ranked #7 of 124 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Great indian restaurant, worth the drive”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great selection of vegetarian foods to choose from. Worth the price. Nice atmosphere. I have been here several times and go out of my way just to go here. Great Indian market next door that is worth the visit as well.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Good food and buffet”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Evening buffet at the chand palace was delicious,it is worth the money and the restaurant is not pricey either

Visited October 2012
Rochester, New York
1,950 restaurant reviews
“Very nice Indian food...with some caveats”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We ate at Chand Palace this past weekend in route to New York City, and fuond it to be a very nice (and authentic) restaurant that caters to the local Indian population in that part of the state. It was fairly crowded...we had called ahead for a a reservation and were told that none was neccessary, but it would have been helpful.

The insdie of the restaurant is about average size; not too many tables, but enough to hold a decetn-sized crowd. This is where the first caveat comes into play: this is a buffet-style restaurant. There is no table service, (at least not on the Saturday night of our visit), and the buffet line can get rather lengthy. It's OK, as long as you know this in advance and are OK with buffets.

The other thing that you should know about this place (and it isn't advertised until you arrive) is that it offers only vegetarian dishes on the buffet. So, if you were hoping for some shrimp biryani, or perhaps some vindaloo fish, you won't get it here. Veggie dishes only.

All that being said, the food itself was very good, and I rnjoyed it, even without the meat or seafood. They offered a number of hot and cold appetizers, and I enjoyed all but one of these. Of the main dishes, I liked just about everything. Their vegetarian saag (curried spinach) was very tasty, although it might have been too hot for some people to enjoy. Lots of hot naan bread topped off the main courses, which were all really good. They also had something really unique that I'd never seen before. It was a slides and grilled lotus root dish that was cooked in a tangy-sweet red sauce. If you go to this restaurant you must try this; it was very good.

The desserts were, well...let's just say that I am biased towards the good old-fashioned American ice cream sundae, so I'm probably a bad judge here. They had small cubes of a tasty cake that were nice. But they also had something that, as I recall, were called a "milk cake." It was OK, until you sucked the milk out of it. Once you did, the resulting mass turned into sawdust in your mouth, draining any residual moisture from your tongue and lips. It was strange! Even their orange "sherbet" tasted way off base...but that might have just been an ethnic difference between Indian and American desserts, so I'm wlling to overlook this.

In summary, everyone in my family except my ten year-old enjoyed this place, and I would gladly return.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Larry W
“Great for family.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I love the food and it is a great place. I will definitely be back. You can also have a special birthday dinner, including a cake. Chand Palace is one of my favorite restaurants.

Toronto
“Best veg Indian in N Jersey”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Many Indian colleagues from Maharashtra, Gujarat and Delhi agreed that this place rocks. One person from Delhi said the rice was not really good, but who wants plain rice with all the rich food available... I look forward to go back to this place, and I've gone about 10 times.

Visited May 2012