“The Chinese is great”

Jasper Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 125 Restaurants in Parsippany
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I tried this restaurant because one of the staff at Red Roof told me about it and she was right the food is great. I eat there about two times a month and I stay in Parsippany four times a month..

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went there for dim sum one day based on recommendation of family friend, and was sorely disappointed. The dim sum had to be ordered from the kitchen (missing the old push-cart dim sum atmosphere) and was so very bland. Also, there weren't any other tables besides ours (weekend late lunch), so the place feels more sedated and somber than the Queen's teatime. This oddly made conversation difficult as voices seem to boom in the empty dining area.

And the proof of my assessment is the usual empty parking spots in front of the restaurant.

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

The decor in this restaurant looks decidedly old and somewhat tired, perhaps appropriate for a Chinese restaurant. The food is authentic and tasty with no MSG. Go for steamed fish, quick fried vegetables and seafood.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have visited Jasper's over the last few months. The first time was because of deal chicken and the food and services brought us back and back. We live about 20 miles away. The first thing is that most of the customers are chinese and therefore there are 2 menus. So far we have eaten off of the American one only . The food is fresh ,the service is excellent quite formal with table cloths. The portions are large so prepare yourself to take home next days lunch. They use a larger varity
of chinese vegetables in their food. You know the egg rolls are not frozen chinese food service varity. They are located in a small strip mall and looks may be deceiving from the outside and it is really large inside.
Although we don't drink they do have a bar and beer from china. I think the next time we go we will try the chinese menu which we would have to request. They have afforbable lunch Monday to Friday. All I can say is give this one a shot it will be worth it.