“discovered a hidden gem”

Mount Holleran Towne Taveren
Ranked #49 of 126 Restaurants in Parsippany
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Last Friday night my wife and I decided to try a different restaurant in Parsippany, when we got turned away by the Gourmet Café we drove around town and decided to try the Mount Holleran Towne Taveren on Beverwyck Rd. We were expected typical tavern food but were pleasantly surprised by the selections and the quality of the dishes. Before the dinner arrived we were given a very generous portion of warmed Italian bread. For appetizers my wife and I shared the spedini and the stuffed artichoke. Both were very delicious. I ordered the chicken francese and my wife had the ravioli stuffed with wild mushrooms. The chicken was flattened which was a typical Italian method of cooking which added to the flavor. The ravioli's were excellent since my wife insisted I try them. The only complaint was that they played the music a little loud and there was a speaker right over our table. The service was very attentive and accommodating. I would highly recommend this place if you are in the mood for some very good food.